• This topic has 75 replies, 55 voices, and was last updated 15 years ago by Rich.
Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 76 total)
  • iv just started riding and im 13 any1 got any ideas on how i can get some cash t
  • big-chief-96
    Free Member

need cash to spend on my bike cos im skint!!!!

any1 got any ideas of how to make some?

jam-bo

get a job

ourmaninthenorth

A job?

ton

paper round.

joe1983
    Free Member

paper round

joe1983
    Free Member

great minds eh?

rs
    Free Member

how much pocket money do you get?

IHN

Milk round, pays better than a paper round. Well, it did in my day.

simonfbarnes
    Free Member

emotional blackmail

hora
    Free Member

How good a rider are you? i.e. if good sponsorship. If you enjoy riding- seriously ride on whatever you have at the moment. Loads of people on here wouldnt have ridden on really average bikes in their early teens. I had a rigid Raleigh at University- loved it.

ski
    Free Member

On-One are looking for someone? 😉

Washing cars is also a good earner, that’s what I did at 13.

big-chief-96
    Free Member

im 13 iv just started riding, paper rounds are a waste of time i cud get the money from a paper round from the floor and i get a tenner a month

Andyhilton
    Free Member

That’s the attitude!

big-chief-96
    Free Member

its the way im brought up…

jonb
    Free Member

But you could find the tenner a month (I assume that’s what you said anyway) and get a paper round as well, double your money!

You want money, you need to work for it. Failing that do you know any local slappers, knock one up and the tabloids will pay you well when you sell your story.

rs
    Free Member

When i did a paper round which was only on a sunday that gave me 5 quid for an hour one day a week, so thats double a month what you’ve currently got. But you say in you other thread you just got a new bike, ride the tits off it and enjoy it.

joe1983
    Free Member

good attitude, there are no shortcuts in life young padawan

ski
    Free Member

£5 a car should be easy to get, I used to wash at least 10 every weekend, as I said at the time, easy money 😉

grumm
    Free Member

What do you need the money for? A Hardrock is a pretty good bike for a 13 year old.

wors

c’mon you don’t expect him to earn money do you, poor lad thats like child cruelty that is.

Lanesra
    Free Member

Buy stuff from the classifieds then flog it on Ebay

Rich
    Free Member

You just answered your own question, look on the floor!

Or just ride what you’ve got and make do, that’s what I did at your age.

Jenga
    Free Member

He’s entitled to what he wants. We’re all entitled to what we want. We’re entitled to it now. So give it him. You, yes you over there give him what he wants. Better still, give him what he deserves. Don’t you know there are laws against child labour? Anyone under 30 is not allowed to work. Anyone over 30 is too old to work.

molgrips
    Free Member

I used to do a paper round when I was 13 or so. I had to deliver 314 papers. It took me all of Wednesday night and all of Thursday night – leaving no room for homework, and I got £6. It was a disgrace. Less than a pound an hour.

crazy-legs

Back in my day we got up before we went to bed and had to pay the employer for the privelige of letting us work 25hrs a day in the mines…

Tch, kids today.

rs
    Free Member

I reckon this kid has a promising career as a troll!

redthunder
    Free Member

Start thieving 🙂 sell dope ???

dave_aber
    Free Member

…cardboard box in t’road……bag of gravel……cold gravel at that……..Box! Hole in t’road more like…….etc

retro83
    Free Member

sell your kidneys

taka
    Free Member

ride out infront of a car and claim compensation brotherly advice 😆

matt_outandabout

I did a paper round monday to friday, milk round on saturday, sunday papers double round. Then when I was 14 I got a weekend job rigging boats at the local sailing school (12 mile ride each way to get there), and in the winter did things like turkey gutting and plucking, beech nut harvesting(!), washing cars etc etc. By 16 i worked full time during hols at the sailing place, by then an instructor, and persuaded them to give me time and some cheap / free bits.

It paid for loads of sailing kit – probably as expensive as an MTB habit….

crispybacon
    Free Member

invest your £10 a month in bank shares?

redthunder
    Free Member

mentalalex
    Free Member

hey I’m only 14 and I have two bikes only been riding a year and a half.

started of on a shock wave then slowly saved my money up and bought another one and so on.

if you really want to get a good bike then work your ass of that’s what I’ve done. sort of

also for a cheap bike you could always go single speed fully rigid very cheap compared to all these big bouncy full sus’s.

get a paper round get anything you can, car washing is a very good way to earn money, I was on nearly a hundred pounds a week on a good week.
    baby sit that’s good money.

if you are determined you will work you ass of if your lazy you won’t basically.

money doesn’t grow on trees 🙂 hope that helps….

what sort of riding do you do?

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

laugh at the idea sailing is almost as expensive as cycling!

its one saving grace is stuff doesn’t suffer form obolescene as much as cycling stuff.

zokes
    Free Member

Work on a paper round, wash cars etc and make do.

I had a £80 rigid jobby from ASDA at 13, broke it at 14, and got a 2nd hand GT Outpost with a Flexistem(remember those)? 2 months saving and birthday money got me a pair of 2nd hand Marzocchi Zokes (hence the neame) pro forks, and replacement rigid stem. Years of slowly replacing broken parts (the forks included) several times finally led me to my 21st when I got a Whyte 46.

I got much better value from the GT than my now dead Whyte. Stick with cheap stuff, it costs much less to replace….. Deciding after 4 years that the £500 to fix the whyte was too much so bought not 1, but 2 replacement bikes (HT and a freeridey thing) totalling over £4k. This was obviously a much better value way to sort out broken forks and shock, oh yes…. 🙄

rs
    Free Member

mentalalex, you sound far too sensible, organised and motivated to be 14.

hora
    Free Member

OP, the top riders probably didnt have rich families behind them – they just rode (alot). Ride anything and enjoy it. Someone I know who is a good lad once chased down two certain brothers off Mont cherie in France – if he applied himself properly he would have been the one to watch I bet. He never rode ‘great’ bikes but he rode and rode. I wont name names but he is quick

smell_it
    Free Member

Bully smaller kids and take their money, if you are going to have to invest some time into raising cash you may aswell enjoy it.

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

i had a saracen rufftrax when i was your age, raged the tits off it till i could afford something better. Which was pad for out of £2.50 a week pocket money saved up for 3 years!

Just take care of your kit, dont trash it at the BMX track or take on 40ft gaps and it’l still be doing you well in 3 years when you can get a slihtly better job.

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 76 total)

The topic ‘iv just started riding and im 13 any1 got any ideas on how i can get some cash t’ is closed to new replies.