Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • iTunes replacement for Windows 7?
  • Shackleton

Have had a new windows7 laptop for a month now (Dell Latitude E7450) and have yet to install iTunes (10.x, 11.x or 12.x) in any functional form despite trying every suggestion the internet can provide. From looking at various forums it just seems like Apple can’t produce a generic windows installer to save their lives.

So is there a good music and podcast manager that (in order of requirement):
    1. works like iTunes should
    2. supports syncing to iPods (2008 iPod nano)
    3. can maybe sync with something on an android phone.

I’d also be happy to stick with iTunes if anyone can think of a way to overcome Apple’s desire to exclude me from their software.

Cheers,

S

seosamh77
    Free Member

http://www.apple.com/lae/itunes/download/

why does that not work? says w7 or later?

scaredypants

what happens when it fails ?

are you running the installer as administrator ?

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    MSP

Never had any problems installing itunes on windows 7, what error are you getting?

ironnigel
    Free Member

I use Clementine in Linux. I am certain there is a windoze version.

Shackleton

I can download the installer and have another w7 machine running itunes 12 without any problem. I’m getting a range of errors!

Usually the installer runs, installs everything but will not open the program when you click the icon. Using 10.x it will open but crashes instantly. I’ve tried clearing everything apple from the system before reinstalling. Installing as administrator or not. Unzipping the installer and installing the individual msi files. I’ve trawled the apple help boards, lots of folk seem to have the same issues. So basically some part of my system seems to be incompatible with the Apple installer. No idea why, every other piece of software has gone on without incident.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘iTunes replacement for Windows 7?’ is closed to new replies.