Viewing 40 posts - 41 through 80 (of 88 total)
  • itunes or spotify (a poll)
  • chestrockwell

Spotify in our house, even on Apple products.

For the poster above I have a S9 and it works fine.

seosamh77
    Free Member

google – 1.

tjagain

spotify. I can’t count

pondo

26-7 counting the numerically CBA on this page.

Kuco

Apple music because I’ve got it free for 6 months.

26-8

enigmas
    Free Member

Spotify, been with them for over a decade now.

The best interface by a mile, seems to have many more smaller bands, and the release radar/discover weekly stuff is brilliant.

ampthill

27-8

I can barely remember I tunes

hodgynd
    Free Member

Spotify 28-8

jree
    Free Member

Spotify

peteimpreza

It’s not iTunes it’s Apple Music.

28-50009

phil5556

Apple Music, because it plays nicely with the car. I can browse albums/artists etc & select music to play and it shows nice pictures when I play stuff.

Spotify 29
    Apple 10
    Google 1

sharkbait
    Free Member

As a fairly random sample this doesn’t give Apple music a lot of hope.
    I suspect that even if the products were exactly the same more people world go with Spotify purely because they’re not Apple (who seem, to me, to have had their time and are now under pressure).

treksuperfly
    Free Member

Spotify family here and love the personal playlists it throws up but I really wish it would do hi res cd quality like tidal

ampthill

So did the op really mean apply music.

I assumed he meant actually ripping CDs and syncing an iPod. Like in the olden days

I’m annoyed to have taken part in a brand survey now

simondbarnes

Google for me. My dad has a family sub so I get ad free music 🙂

Spotify 30

Apple 10

Google 2

ticsmon

Spotify 31

Apple 10

The other one 2

ticsmon

OP I’m sure I’ve got a 6months free Spotify code if you want it ? If I can find it that is

CountZero

I suspect that even if the products were exactly the same more people world go with Spotify purely because they’re not Apple (who seem, to me, to have had their time and are now under pressure).

Bollocks. Apple are a trillion dollar company, Spotify have never, ever made a profit, and are in talks with the recording industry to make the pittance they pay artists even more negligible.
    All those using Spotify might as well admit they are just stealing music and don’t care if the artists never earn anything at all.
    The amount Spotify pays per stream is insulting, roughly 0.0017p/stream. At least the artists get around 30p/play on the radio.

mikejd

Spotify 32 (family 5)

Apple 10

Google 2

avdave2

Bollocks. Apple are a trillion dollar company, Spotify have never, ever made a profit, and are in talks with the recording industry to make the pittance they pay artists even more negligible.

I’ll take Spotify’s treatment of it’s artists over Apple’s treatment of it’s workforce

Spotify 33

Apple 10

Google 2

sharkbait
    Free Member

Apple are a trillion dollar company

For how long, though. I’m trying to think of the last innovative product or service they came out with first.
    They’ve admitted that their phone sales are going to fall and are putting their emphasis on services, but they’re trying to play catch-up and, looking at the figures on this poll, have their work cut out.

Apple may pay more per stream but Spotify stream much more than Apple so the artists get more from Spotify.
    Who’s to know what Apple will pay if they get up to the size of Spotify. The bigger you are the less you need to pay.

wooobob

Spotify family. Switched over years ago around the time my ipod died. Never used apple music. Google is OK.

Spotify 34

Apple 10

Google 2

jimster01

Spotify here, been using it for ages, tried Deezer wasn’t impressed, same for scamazon.
    Spotify – 35
    Apple – 10
    Google – 2
    Deezer – 1

stevied
    Free Member

Spotify – 36
    Apple – 10
    Google – 2
    Deezer – 1

ads678

Spotify.

Spotify – 37
    Apple – 10
    Google – 2
    Deezer – 1

How much do apple pay artists?

Nobeerinthefridge
    Free Member

Spotify 38

RDL-82
    Free Member

Apple Music Family here. Had the 6 month trial and we just stayed on it.
    I imagine most people end up doing the same with whichever streaming service they use.
    I personally built up a fair old library in the 6 months and then didn’t want to ‘lose’ it.
    Tried Google Music years ago but didn’t get along with it at the time plus was still mostly buying music at that time.

One thing I do like with Apple Music is the fact I can add things I’ve purchased or already owned that are not in Apples library to Apple Music on the computer and it syncs them to the cloud and they are then available on my phone and tablet without having to ever actually add them to said devices.
    Does a similar system exist with Spotify out of interest?

Spotify – 37
    Apple – 11
    Google – 2
    Deezer – 1

robvalentine

Spotify here because I can use it on my work laptop. Apple music is better on my iPhone (and when I had an android) as new release recommendations were a lot better, Spotify also tends to play the same songs over again in the daily mixes (basically just shuffles each day) and when browsing downloaded songs it doesn’t spend ages trying to verify it via the internet (which Spotify does). also apple music has 2 factor authorisation so some random scumbag can’t hack your spotify and listen to random rubbish playlists. And the bloody Kooks. Spotify does work better across devices.

Spotify – 38
    Apple – 11
    Google – 2
    Deezer – 1

reluctantjumper

Another Spotify subscriber here. Tried Deezer and Amazon Music too but Spotify has the best selection of what I like and the recommendations have helped me discover loads of new artists.

Spotify = 39
    Apple – 11
    Google – 2
    Deezer – 1

I’ll take Spotify’s treatment of it’s artists over Apple’s treatment of it’s workforce

I’d happily pay £20 a month for Spotify as I use it loads and if that means they turn a profit while the artists get a better payday then I’d be happy. If the artists aren’t making any money out of their music being on Spotify or any other service they can always pull it off that platform, They actually have a lot of power over which one is a success.

funkmasterp

Think I’ve tried pretty much every service. Amazon, Apple, Deezer, Qobuz, Spotify and Tidal. My vote goes to Spotify.

Spotify = 40
    Apple – 11
    Google – 2
    Deezer – 1

darksideby182

Spotify

woffle
    Free Member

Spotify: 41
    Apple: 11
    Google: 2
    Deezer: 1

(Have tried tidal, Apple & Spotify. We now have a family sub to the latter)

kiwijohn

iTunes because it’s a free data from my provider.
    Pandora just up and left us down here.
    Spotify if I have to.

zilog6128

The bigger you are the less you need to pay.

that is exactly the same way Tesco, etc are screwing over farmers. Not quite sure why you think it’s a good thing 🤔 (ditto the “well they don’t HAVE to use them” argument)

sharkbait
    Free Member

Not quite sure why you think it’s a good thing

I don’t, but it’s the way bug business works.
    Apple are being all nice and paying more right now because they’re newer to the game, but if they get the subscriber numbers they’re after they will have more power and absolutely will reduce what they pay the artists.

darkroomtim
    Free Member

spotify (family)

zilog6128

Apple are being all nice and paying more right now because they’re newer to the game, but if they get the subscriber numbers they’re after they will have more power and absolutely will reduce what they pay the artists.

You know this how? Personally I doubt it; this is a tiny part of their overall business unlike Spotify. They have already voiced support for a change in the way royalties payment system works (in the US) which would’ve seen artists get more – Spotify, Google etc in contrast went to court to ensure that this didn’t happen.

Apple Wanted to Revolutionize the Way Streaming Pays. Here’s Why It Wasn’t Allowed

robj20
    Free Member

I tried them all expect apple, stuck with Deezer Spotify in particular was missing a lot of my music.

prawny

Spotify has more albums and better auto playlists but Apple Music works better as a library and works with my Apple Watch.

A score draw from me. But I pay for Spotify already and the wife prefers it so…

seosamh77
    Free Member

Should say, my sub is actually a youtube sub. I did have a google play music sub for 9.99. But they gave you the youtube sub, for add free google, and that includes google play music and youtube music for free with it(I’ve stuck with my library on google play as you can’t transfer the library over, which is a bit daft if the long term game is youtube music). So I switched over to that for £11.99 a month.

So my google is really youtube. Ad free youtube us great, cause I watch loads on it. Gave me one of those google nest speakers for free the other month too as well.

Viewing 40 posts - 41 through 80 (of 88 total)

The topic ‘itunes or spotify (a poll)’ is closed to new replies.