Itunes & ipod query

Home Forum Chat Forum Itunes & ipod query

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Itunes & ipod query
  • Mounty_73

I have just started using itunes and a shuffle, but I have a problem with using it on my PC.

The shuffle is used on my laptop and it was set up on the laptop, but I want to use it on the PC today.

The tunes on the shuffle on the PC are greyed out and cannot be used.

Are there any settings that I am missing with using two computers?

ask1974

What do you mean “use it on the PC”? You can only sync from one mashine, if you chose to use another you wipe and restart, at least I’m pretty sure that’s the case it’s been a while since I changed computers.

What exactly are you trying to do? there might be another solution.

Mounty_73

I have the same music on both laptop and PC.

My laptop is not here and I wanted to change/edit the tunes on the ipod.

So I am guessing that I have to wipe the ipod and create a new playlist using the PC.

So the next time I plug the ipod into my laptop I will have to do the whole process again, its not a biggy I just though there might be another way and having looked at a couple of youtube video’s there seems to be a way, but its a bit of a faff….

ask1974

That’s about the sum of it… One of those things you can’t do or the workaround is too much trouble to be worth it.

CountZero

As its a shuffle, that’s pretty much how it’s designed to work; every time you connect it it’s supposed to do a random autofill from your library, so it shouldn’t matter.
    A bit different with a 160Gb Classic, though… 😀

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘Itunes & ipod query’ is closed to new replies.