Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • iTunes in an Android phone – best app?
  • eddiebaby
    Free Member

Hi folks.
    I’m a very long time Apple user but have never bought into the Jesus phone. I prefer Android but find myself out and about with 2 64gb iPods plus my phone, and that is just stupid. Today I upgraded from a crap but reliable MotoG to a Samsung A70 with 128gb built in plus I have a 128gb SD to go in there.
    What app is there that closely replicates iTunes, or at least reads the tags?
    I have a couple of decades of ripped cds and purchased music I need to listen to.
    All advice appreciated.
    Ta.

Caher

MotoG crap? That Samsung must be some phone.

mattyfez

I like poweramp, as you can really fine tune the sound.
    Lots of popular media players available though.

I’d suggest googling ‘best android media players’ and test driving a few

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    eddiebaby
    Free Member

MotoG crap? That Samsung must be some phone.

5 year old MotoG with no memory and a shit camera. Good for phone calls and texts but very slow. Time to move on but it was fine back in the day.

DickBarton

Google Music can upload tunes from iTunes. Also does playlists and stuff…can take 50k files for free then you have to pay. Can stream from cloud or download to device.

eddiebaby
    Free Member

All my music is organised on my HD so in need to make it work with that. About 650gb of music.

Caher

5 year old MotoG with no memory and a shit camera. Good for phone calls and texts but very slow. Time to move on but it was fine back in the day.

Ah ok – gotcha. I have G6plus and a work iPhone 11 and prefer the Moto.

CountZero

I was going to suggest KaiserTone, which I’ve been using for some time, but unfortunately it’s only available for iOS.
    https://apps.apple.com/gb/app/kaisertone-audio-player-hires/id725299207
    Shame, it’s a very good music player, with an excellent EQ – up to 30 bands – and it has a nice crossfade as well.

CraigW
    Free Member

Vanilla Music. It is simple, fast, and free. Works fine for playing music stored on your phone anyway. Should read any of the tags (if they are tagged correctly).

eddiebaby
    Free Member

Thanks for the suggestions.

eddiebaby
    Free Member

Well arses! How good is Spotify?!
    I don’t need to much in the way of storage for more than a few rarities. What won me over was Crippled Black Phoenix and King Crimson stuff I’ve never been able to find and buy.

scotroutes

All my music is organised on my HD so in need to make it work with that. About 650gb of music.

No problem. You “upload” it to Play Music and can then stream from there.

CheesybeanZ

Since I found Spotify I haven’t used iTunes.

eddiebaby
    Free Member

Thanks for the suggestions. I tried quite a few and settled on a combination of PowerAmp and Spotify. So much better than the iPods and all my playlists imported along with the music it’s nice when stuff just works.

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

The topic ‘iTunes in an Android phone – best app?’ is closed to new replies.