Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • iTunes- duplicates clean up (TuneUp?)
  • KT1973
    Free Member

Ok folks, appologies if this has been done already.
    Basically I want to clean up my iTunes library to get rid of duplicate tracks and name unnamed track listings. Ater a check online, I see that there is a TuneUp program which may do this, although it says it’s for mp3 files and apple don’t use that format.
    I’m not at home at the moment, so I don’t have access to my itunes, but IIRC every time I open iTunes it says TuneUp won’t open for some reason and that my firewall may be blocking it……..so
    My question is- will this program do what I want to clean up my library (some tracks I have multiples of 4 or 5 which are on different albums and compilations) and will it name the tracks I didn’t buy on iTunes (most of them)
    If not, can you recommend something that will do this??

scotia
    Free Member

I have used tuneup with itunes, worked well for cover art and for names of tunes if i remember right.
    It is rather slow though.

KT1973
    Free Member

Does it delete duplicates/multiples of tracks? Or just remove them from the ipods hard drive?

scotia
    Free Member

i just used itunes to delete the multiples – there is an option somewhere..

oh and it does all of this to your itunes on the pc..not on the ipod

KT1973
    Free Member

Cheers scotia- Ive got about 60 gig of music on the pc which is all on the ipod so hopefully I can clean it up and the scrub the ipod. It’ll make browsing a lot easier I hope and free up some space

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘iTunes- duplicates clean up (TuneUp?)’ is closed to new replies.