Viewing 23 posts - 1 through 23 (of 23 total)
  • It's videos like these……
  • muggomagic

that make me really want to buy a cyclocross bike.

[video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=rxC7rgeTGck[/video]

[video]http://vimeo.com/31864242[/video]

that make me wanna buy a cyclocross bike.

spacemonkey

Same here.

Want one, but can’t justify it (at present anyway) 🙁

racefaceec90

like the tailwhipping in the first video 😀

antthebike
    Free Member

That is cool but dont make me wanna buy a road bike. I got one and my missus just tuts when i sling the latest bit i broke off it and says” you ride it like a mountain bike,why dont you ride your mountain bike?” good point bird. Hmm…..

beej

Why are they wearing sunglasses when the cars have lights on?

Klunk
    Free Member

stop the fashion victim caps falling down over their eyes.

getonyourbike
    Free Member

like the tailwhipping in the first video

Definitely not a tail whip. A tailwhip would be impossible on that with the lengh of the cables and do the drops even clear the top tube?

Definitely different and shows what light bikes can do. Goods whip (not tailwhips) on the dirt jumps.

kimbers

cool! its just like mountainbiking but only more middle class and pretentious

muggomagic

one does try to keep up appearances.

mr_mills
    Free Member
    aP
    Free Member

More middle class? When I started racing cyclocross in 93 it wasn’t anything like middle class. Admittedly I was shit then, and still am, but it was fun. And I’ve ridden cx bikes off road regularly for 15 years – I just like them. At Christmas my 96 islabike is getting a 10spd upgrade from 8spd Campag. Like plastic surgery I guess.

Just thinking – I recognise that kitchen and sofa from the 2nd mini.

takisawa2

Seeing them coming down the steps made me cringe fearing snapped forks.

_tom_
    Free Member

I was keen to try a CX bike til I tried riding my bike set up with 60psi slick ish tyres and rigid forks off road. It’s awful on anything vaguely rough. Can’t imagine that the slightly bigger road wheels would help too much but would like to be proven wrong!

Diane
    Free Member

Me too. Obviously I have the skillz but those caps under your lid – just not cool – I’m out.

hugor
    Free Member

Amazing skills there. Really enjoyed those videos.

enfht
    Free Member

Weird

Like doing 4x on a penny farthing

Bike not ffp

aP
    Free Member

I still get told by idiot mtb-ers with body armour riding singletrack on the Surrey Hills that my cross bike isn’t suitable for riding offroad.

jonba
    Free Member

Looked good although if you are going to ride like that then use a mountain bike. Cross bikes are good where all those interesting bits are separated by a few miles of tarmac or dirt road and you need the flat speed.

JoB
    Free Member

most of the fun of ‘cross bikes is doing inappropriate things on them, giggling

Trimix
    Free Member

Recently I had a go on a mates CX bike instead of my “all mountain” style mtb.

It was fun / scary, made me laugh and I fell off a lot. Good for one ride, but any more and I would have become very frustrated at its limitations off road. I would have broken it soon as well.

Sure, its light and fast on smooth stuff – but off road it was painfull, skittish, limited and felt like it would snap. As soon as it got rough I had to slow right down.

If you ride road bike, then I reckon you would like it, as they are great up to a limited point. If you ride mountain bikes just go and buy a road bike.

I did really enjoy it, but mostly because it was so odd and scary.

MrSparkle

THIS is what a (well, my) cyclocross bike is for… http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-ZWOOVVi89I

Diane
    Free Member

Crazy tough scary race – respect (Vid doesn’t do it justice) 🙂

wwaswas

I think the point of cx bikes isn’t that you ride them on exactly the same routes you take your Mtb on. You mix it up a bit do some road and fire roads.

Like riding a rigid Mtb, you can do most stuff just not with so much margin for error as you get with big tyres and some boing – they’re just more fun if you treat them differently

Viewing 23 posts - 1 through 23 (of 23 total)

The topic ‘It's videos like these……’ is closed to new replies.