Viewing 39 posts - 1 through 39 (of 39 total)
  • its twins!
  • bobbyspangles

my wife and i visited for the first scan today and lo and behold there are two tiny things growing inside her!

we cannot wipe the smiles from our faces!

of course this means being able to buy twice the bike kit for them!

D0NK

congratulations x 2
    did the sonographer break it gently or just say, “here, this is your babies heartbeat….awww nice….and here….is the other babies heartbeat”

mastiles_fanylion
    Free Member

Congrats – a few of us on here parents to twins (mine have just turned 3). Feel free to email if you want any objective advice based on my experiences…

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Harrumble!

Great news….But have you seen how much prams cost? You could buy a bike for that! 🙂

djglover
    Free Member

Congrats
    our twins are 3.5 now. I remember the moment well. I was totally shocked.

Its brilliant though, but you are in for a tough and expensive few years!

MrsToast
    Free Member

Congratulations!

akira

It’s twice the fun but twice the trouble.

Harry_the_Spider

Nice one. You must have got her with both barrels.

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

😀

Nice one!! Congrats.

bobbyspangles

she broke the news immediately!

no wind up or softly softly approach!

TooTall
    Free Member

Congratulations, fella. I didn’t think you looked old enough for that sort of shenannigans!

willard

Good luck! Not jealous at all!

bobbyspangles

thanks for the compliment tootall!

HermanShake
    Free Member

Congratulations! Sort out some kind of monster tandem to get the 4 of you rolling ❗

therealhoops
    Free Member

Twins means you’re a real man who fires weapons grade manfat.

good work

sharkbait
    Free Member

Nice one….. congrats 🙂
    My [identical] twins are now 10 – where does the time go?? It only seems a short while ago that we were undergoing the torture of sleep depravation that twins bring with them 😉
    My advice is to never think they want different toys – they don’t. Always buy two of the same thing.
    Having twins is fantastic but not without it’s trials. You and your wife will prob have some tough times over the next couple of years but you’ll come out of it better people!

mastiles_fanylion
    Free Member

Or, of course, they were IVF as is often the case…

Ours were – and I lost count of the times we were asked directly by total strangers.

mastiles_fanylion
    Free Member

Buy two of everything
    +1

oxym0r0n

Twin girls a bit older than 2.5 here – congrats!
    Don’t buy 2 of everything – there’s lots they can share! Ours even started off in a Moses basket together. Also happy for silly questions to be posed via email

bobbyspangles

thank you for you offers of support!

not by IVF but i understand that its common by that route.

mastiles_fanylion
    Free Member

Very – when our girls go to school there will be three sets of twins in their class – all IVF

bobbyspangles

blimey!

Pembo
    Free Member

Congratulations bobbyspangles. Ours are 20 in september and it doesn’t seem 5 minutes since we went for the same scan you just had. 4 sets of twins on my side of the family so not really a surprise when the news broke.

rogerthecat
    Free Member

Congratulations – enjoy!

banks
    Free Member

Congrats. 6 sets of twins in my family, nightmare

sharkbait
    Free Member

Don’t buy 2 of everything – there’s lots they can share fight over!

Ftfy.
    When they’re small we have this rose tinted idea that they’re going to get on together brilliantly. This is actually true most of the time but (maybe because they spend sooo much time together) the rest of the time they will fight over anything and everything.
    Believe me, buy two of everything. Actually don’t, so those of us that have been there already can feel all smug.
    BTW Bobby, boys, girls or one of each?

damper
    Free Member

My twin boys are 3.5 now. It was the biggest shock of my life, I think it took me 2 years to come to terms with it. I’m sat here remembering how I felt after the scan.
    I had the full range of emotions from joy to anger to just total denialf. And while it has had its ‘challenges’ it is a true privilege to have them, it is so much fun.
    I love the comment about ‘weapons grade manfat’!! Us twin breeders need to sell the stuff at premium rates

jamj1974

Many congratulations!

Our identical twin boys were five two-weeks ago and are amazing fun, hard work and completely different to each other! You will have a fantastic time.

The conversation with the radiographer went like this:
    “How long have you known you are having twins?”
    “Oh ages, I had a look up there last week with my brightest torch.”
    “Really?”
    “No, we have known about 10 seconds actually…”

My wife’s first reaction was – “How amazing”, mine was honestly the rather more prosaic “How will we afford this…?”

bobbyspangles

we dont know the sex an dare going to wait for the suprise.

DarrenH

Well done to you both!
    Our twin boys were 3 a week ago.
    As I said to my brother a few weeks back,
    it’s been the hardest 3 years I’ve known but also the most rewarding 3 years.
    Enjoy it, it’ll be great 😀

nwgiles

Congratulations are they your first?

Cougar

The ultrasound showed two heartbeats.

She’s either expecting twins, or a Time Lord.

Congrats either way. (-:

bobbyspangles

yes they will be our first.

instant family!

mastiles_fanylion
    Free Member

I’ve been away with work since Saturday, sat in airport now waiting for my flight home – cant wait to see my girls 🙂

higgo
    Free Member

Congratulations.
    Not twins here but triplets (9 in August).
    My advice would be don’t listen to advice. Or at least, listen to it but don’t automatically assume it applies to you. We certainly haven’t bought three of everything. Two reasons for this (1) our house has fixed walls (2) we have a boy and two girls. Even the girls though have different tastes – one loves ‘Sylvanians’, the other doesn’t etc etc. Where possible we buy one of everything but things like scooters/bikes etc obviously has to be one each.
    We found out when the sonographer said “let me count again” – she wasn’t sure at first whether it was quick-moving twins, triplets or shy quads!
    It will be tough at first – we remember very little from the day they left hospital to them being ~3months old.
    As mentioned above, the public can be remarkably frank/intrusive about twins/triplets….

[video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tT-lgB_HGEE[/video]

ian-r

Congrats to you both.
    Same experience here. First scan “They are both growing well”,”BOTH?????”. Queue a day off work giggling slightly insanely. We had a one year old already and a two bedroom house.
    Mine were 17 in March and they are like chalk and cheese. One mini me(although he is 6’1″ now), one mini Mrs Ian-r.
    Good fun, but quite intense for the first few months.
    Second the advice about advice – mostly to be ignored.

djglover
    Free Member

The post above about intrusion is very true. At 3.5 ours still get a lot of attention, especially when they choose to dress the same, which actually isn’t that often. All the waitresses in a pub we were eating with last weekend came out to gawp, one of them was twirling one of the girls ponytail. she was too shy to say anything but was not happy.

Second the advice about advice. I read Carol Coopers twins and multiple births before they were born and its the biggest piece of horseshit I’ve ever read. Just get stuck in

mastiles_fanylion
    Free Member

So the advice about advice is to ignore advice. So do we ignore your advice about advice or is your advice good advice that we are advised to be advised about?

bobbyspangles

now, now.

stay focused.

Viewing 39 posts - 1 through 39 (of 39 total)

The topic ‘its twins!’ is closed to new replies.