Viewing 33 posts - 1 through 33 (of 33 total)
  • It’s the weekend! Rides and pics
  • Premier Icon cb200
    Free Member

Finished work early yesterday to straight off to Sherwood Pines for a blast to continue the familiarisation of the new frame. And a bit of messing with filters

Premier Icon Klunk
    Free Member

lovely morning of singlespeeding, sunshine, cuckoos, cow parsley and may blossom.

Premier Icon martinhutch
    Free Member

Planned a longer ride heading east out of Ravenglass in Cumbria, but the weather and my achilles crapped out a bit, so just an overnighter and home via Kendal and Dent.

Premier Icon Alex

All my MTB riding buddies are sick/busy. So after riding the Basque Back Country tour a week or so ago, decided to dig the gravel bike and just go for a ride. No plan, no destination, just rode some Singletrack, quiet roads and took in the big skies. Then had a beer.

Sunny day explore

Sunny day explore

Sunny day explore

Sunny day explore

Sunny day explore

Sunny day explore

Premier Icon bigdean

No real plan but after general apathy yesterday and not getting out on the bike made sure I did today.
    Ride out to southwell over the ridges and back towards Sherwood pines via blidworth.
    All done and back home for 11.

Premier Icon cb200
    Free Member

@bigdean I’d be interested in that route if you could manage a GPX or fancy a ride sometime?

Premier Icon soundninjauk

Had to be back home in time for the plumber yesterday, but also wanted to do a new route to the Ashridge estate that I planned out ages ago so slightly sprinted round that on the gravel bike. No time for a coffee stop in Aldbury unfortunately (maybe next time) but found some more lovely local gravel.

Premier Icon kayak23

Ross on Wye

Mint

Premier Icon bigdean

@cb200
    Sure, let see if I can pull it out the Garmin.

Premier Icon tuboflard

Loop up to Stanage Pole on the gravel bike this afternoon. Wonderful out.

Stanage Pole

Premier Icon monkeyboyjc

The usual local loop for me this afternoon, as there was just one cloud in the sky – took a break from building the new bike..

Premier Icon hairyscary

My weekend started early with a visit to Stirling Bike Doctor to replace a worn steerer on my Fox 36’s. All sorted in no time at all 👍

I then headed over to Glen Tilt and attempted to ride up a Munro but gave up just short of the summit because it was so cold, windy and wet

I met a mate at the Glen Tilt car park and had a few beers in Blair Athol. It very rainy, even the ducks were heading for shelter.

Kipped in my car Thursday night and headed to Aberfeldy Friday morning. The trails were running really well, kinda not too dry but not to wet. I did bin it big time though as I didn’t quite judge my pace because of a strong headwind and front wheel cased a gap I was going for 🙁

Then it was on to Laggan for a quick lap of the red and a dirty fry up at the Newtonmore Grill.

Another night in the car at Laggan and then headed to Crask of Aigas by Beauly for another day of fast and well made trails.

Made it back to Aberdeen a short while ago and both me and my car stink 😀😀

Tomorrow is going to be getting the Specialized Status ready to sell.

Premier Icon jam-bo

pretty much perfect conditions in my local woods.  Not too hot, just the right shade of dry, bluebells & dappled sunlight.

I reckon about a week or two before the bracken goes mental and effectively closes down half the trails.

Premier Icon Alex

@kayak23 – Penyard and Chase Woods? My local trails. Built and maintained by a very enthusiastic set of locals. When I moved here 15 years ago, there were about 2 trails up there!

Premier Icon garethjw

Friday afternoon ride home. The nettles are charging up.

3950-A4-DC-12-A1-4729-B830-133-DE2618-CE5

No riding today- too grim!

Premier Icon iainc

Grey grindy gravel..

Premier Icon appltn

Rainy afternoon so I took my saw to try and do something about this which happened back when there were storms.

Went quite well but I’ve created a derailleur exploder for anyone who doesn’t take the corner high.

Premier Icon stevedoc
    Free Member

Maximun effort Sunday . Kentmere round ..

Premier Icon davros
    Free Member

View post on imgur.com

Finally tried cavedale again. Not as scary as I remembered. But only realised later my bottle had bounced out the cage at some point 🙁

Premier Icon kayak23

@kayak23 – Penyard and Chase Woods? My local trails. Built and maintained by a very enthusiastic set of locals.

Aye. First time I’ve been. Beautiful place. Quite rare for the pixies to put so much effort into a climb, but the climbs are just fantastic too.
    The locals need to be bought a pint 😊

Premier Icon singlespeedstu

Saturday was Inners with a big group for a mates birthday ride.
    Today had a late start and headed over to Yair.
    The trailfairys have been very busy the last week by the look of things.
    Only one pic on the way home from Yair.
    [url=https://flic.kr/p/2nkCwML]Singletrack and bluebells[/url] by StuartBrettle, on Flickr

Premier Icon onehundredthidiot
    Free Member

Warm day so short with intervals of steep dog walk.

Premier Icon birky
    Free Member

over the quaich road

Premier Icon tractionman
    Free Member

Premier Icon maxtorque

Weekend in the Peaks for me, with good buddies and some obligitory “vanlife” stuff too 🙂

I’ve not been up that way for a fair old while, and last time i was riding a 26″ 120mm hardtail with 1.8″ concrete tyres and 680mm bars. A modern 180mm ebike really makes almost everything now rideable……..

Premier Icon reeksy
    Free Member

A rather unseasonable 400mm rain in the last week here meant riding was futile. Took the lads on a couple of ‘adventure walks’ including through an old rail tunnel.

Then went for an early morning shred to check the damage from the rain, refit a bridge and try out the Rad8 and see if they’re up to subtropical standard.

Premier Icon matt_outandabout

Mrs_oab and I stretched our legs with a ride from Callander to Loch Earn. In mrs_oab’s current state this counted as a big ride. Nice coffee at the Broch too.

Premier Icon vmgscot

Chased the girlfriend (eeeb) around Ae forest – looking forward to my Rise arriving sometime!

Premier Icon stcolin
    Free Member

Great solo day out of Hope on Saturday. Trails off Win Hill were running great, and found a few new trails to me. Biggest day out for a while, 24 miles and 4700ft.

[url=https://flic.kr/p/2nkWhBB]Sitting at the top of the trails off Win Hill[/url] by Colin, on Flickr

Premier Icon ready

@kayak23 I did that corner a few weeks ago – eventually! Took a few run ups, as it’s a bit of a head do-er and needs a bit of commitment! Good fun trails up there for sure.

Premier Icon zippykona

A rainy Sunday afternoon,stuck my gravel wheels back on the whippet and headed out to listen to some choons.

Premier Icon kayak23

@kayak23 I did that corner a few weeks ago – eventually! Took a few run ups, as it’s a bit of a head do-er and needs a bit of commitment!

It does. I was following someone on my first time there who knew it well so just rode into it after him.
    Probably looking at it would have made it harder. Quite a weird chute. 😊

Viewing 33 posts - 1 through 33 (of 33 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Thanks for popping by - why not stay a while?IT'S FREE

Sign up as a Singletrack Member and you can leave comments on stories, use the classified ads, and post in our forums, do quizzes and more.

Join us, join in, it’s free, and fun.