Viewing 34 posts - 1 through 34 (of 34 total)
  • It’s the weekend, it’s time to party, so throw your pics up
  • kayak23

Come on everybody!

Winnebago Warrior

Trying out some bikepacking gear at a relatively local campsite at a pub. 😊

There was bridges

There was fridges

13thfloormonk

No riding pics, today was another CX training session around the local football pitches, getting used to the bike and previously uncharted heart rates 🤮

Bike is a bit of a party though, reeeally tempted to get a track hub wheelset built up by JustRidingAlibg, suspect it would save 0.5kg on the wheels and turn the bike into a riot! 😎

thegeneralist
    Free Member

Weirdly enough after 2 weeks in the Swiss, Austrian and French alps I found my perfect day at my old favourite in Germany. Ochsenkopf has one scabby chairlift and supposedly only one run.
    In actual fact it has loads of different options and loads of variety.
    PXL_20220818_151721523.MP_exported_143~2
    It starts of with gnadgery wide, steep rocky stuff which is a hoot to try to overtake on. This gets the adrenaline flowing for the fast middle section with little jumps.
    20220816_175816
    Then the bottom bit has so brilliant woodwork to play on.
    PXL_20220818_141103646.MP_exported_1265~3
    PXL_20220818_124350611.MP
    PXL_20220818_125126343.MP_exported_299~2
    PXL_20220818_125133430.MP_exported_599~2

The kids were on form and we just fed off each other’s enthusiasm all day long. Think we did 12 runs or so which probably only amounted to 2,500m descent, but it was great.
    Each descent we did more and more until by the end even me and son1 had done most of the jumps.

And of course the icing on the cake was the final lift run….. At the bottom lift station the final time we only had 18 minutes till closure, and the lift ate 12 of those. We failed to make it down in the remaining 6 minutes, but the lovely liftie moved the barriers and let us go up one last time at 17:02….

Top day out with the boys.

reeksy

I took the Reeksy Jr crew racing on Saturday afternoon for the first time… Pump Track Shootout!
    Very intimidating for an 8 and 11 year old in the U13 category… especially when the cool kids were all on bmx, DJs etc.

But they got to watch the Australian national champ and said they’re keen to do it again… but maybe try out Enduro too.

onehundredthidiot

Having a low cycle week after hitting a lot of alpine nadge. 2.5 Everest vertical descents in 6 days. Also some bloody good la thuille espresso.

rOcKeTdOg

PXL_20220819_105903403

PXL_20220819_121950019.MP

PXL_20220818_113026875.MP

PXL_20220817_123353034.MP~2

PXL_20220815_143713275

PXL_20220815_121514264

PXL_20220815_123948067

PXL_20220821_101058413.MP

duncancallum

Was my 40th so we had dunkfest 2….

I’ll try n get some photos

marksnook
    Free Member

I really need to pull my phone out and take photos! Had a chilled morning at Barry sidings in wales. That place has some real gold!

matt_outandabout

I didn’t take any pics….too busy enjoying.

A wee dash down Darn Path and Keir woods last evening just before it got too dark. Ace.

A morning potter around 25km of lanes and some gravel with mrs_oab this morning.
    Lush.

Alex

@rocketdog – Your first pic is where I was yesterday (MTB on the other side of the Biblins followed by a pint or two at the Ferrie), your Weston’s pic is 5 mins ride from my house!

dawson

Nidderdale – Singlespeed – 32miles, 4000ft elevation

kayak23

Nice bike @dawson.
    Nice Salsa @Rocketdog
    My dog got totally freaked out by that bridge 😅

CheesybeanZ

First ride in 5 weeks,
    Chuffin covid.

url=https://postimg.cc/nj6MFM1s][/url]

aide

Out to Newcastleton today. Should have done my homework beforehand though – lots of diversions and trails shut. Was good to get a shot of the new (to me) hidden valley trails

Klunk
    Free Member

no pictures but a glorious weekend of riding (early saturday and late sunday evening including 2 pints “off the barrel” golden ale lovely)!

jimmy748

Stuck a 140mm air spring in the 36’s and put them on the Hardtail, been a busy weekend but got a quick Purbeck loop in yesterday.

rOcKeTdOg

@rocketdog – Your first pic is where I was yesterday (MTB on the other side of the Biblins followed by a pint or two at the Ferrie), your Weston’s pic is 5 mins ride from my house!

@alex

Bit of a tour from Ledbury down to Monmouth and back via FoD

nice salsa

@kayak23

?

jimmy

Friday evening at GT. Summer downpour, misty forest.

kayak23

nice salsa

@kayak23

?

Sorry. Surly I mean. From looking at the photo to typing it, my slightly niche brands beginning with an S got mixed up in my head.
    But yeah, nice. 😊

colournoise

A few from the past week’s riding (when you’re a teacher every day in the summer is a weekend!). Messing around with different ways to process my photographs – got a bit bored with my regular workflow.

Low light, burst shooting and panning with a phone camera. Came out OK all things considered.
    2022 08 17 Bourne Woods 04

2022 08 19 Sulehay 059_01a

A touch cliched, but love this one.
    2022 08 19 Sulehay 059_02

2022 08 21 Wakerley 060_01

2022 08 21 Wakerley 060_04

2022 08 21 Wakerley 060_06

2022 08 21 Wakerley 060_05

Sandwich

“The boy” is home this week so we went for a bit of a ride. Made the basic mistake of not taking water bottles. pub stops were used to re-hydrate.
    After the harvest

Bikes & Boats

Rowing

Beer

matt_outandabout

‘mistake’….

duncancallum

Duncfest 2022

duncancallum

rOcKeTdOg

@kayak23

Sorry. Surly I mean. From looking at the photo to typing it, my slightly niche brands beginning with an S got mixed up in my head.
    But yeah, nice.

The ghost grappler is different! Got it for a review on ukgravelco.com

Alex

@rocketdog. Nice. Do you have the GPX anywhere?

soundninjauk

My other half is extremely pregnant (due date is today!) so though it prudent not to go too far from home over the weekend. Just a gentle local gravel loop for me.

kayak23

Duncfest looks ace 😊🤘

ready

Saturday

Our ride was cut short after youngest Ready was called up to play in a very early round of the FA Cup – he only signed up on Thursday so we weren’t expecting him to play – but he started, scored and they won 3-0!

On Sunday we booked in to Phoenix Cycleworks, a fun place to progress

ready

@sandwich – Maybush?

@soundninjauk
    – Congrats, and good luck!

lowey

soundninjauk

@ready Thanks! Still waiting so turns out I could have been out all day…

Sandwich

@ready Yes The Maybush, purveyors of reassuringly expensive Adnams!

@matt_outandabout
    , that’s our story and we’re sticking to it.

donslow
    Free Member

Apologies for the slight thread hijack

@dawson
    what is that frame / fork? Looking for a big tyre SS and quite like the look of that setup

Edit: apologies, can see it’s a kona unit

Viewing 34 posts - 1 through 34 (of 34 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.