• This topic has 46 replies, 29 voices, and was last updated 9 years ago by hora.
Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 47 total)
  • Its the third day of of being turned inside out- Any Docs?
  • hora
    Free Member

I’m like a brown water-propulsion jet ski. Three days now, drinking plenty of water which adds to the propulsion.

Its not lessening. I’m not feeling ‘ill’ though, just weakening due to lower food consumption.

Any docs/internet med types? Anything that I can do from experience?

Immodium has zero effect.

cloudnine
    Free Member

picolax overdose?

geoffj

Stop the immodium, make sure you are getting some salts as well as the water.
    Go to the GP.

bikebouy
    Free Member

Salts and Docs, ditch the overdose of water you are just flushing yourself for no reason, drink normally.

Have you been over training/riding? I know you’re on a stint with your new bike but putting effort in has this effect on me sometimes, s’pecially if I’m training hard. My gut gets all squished and tense and the only cure is the squits, lasts 3-4 maybe 5 days at most, common problem, welcome to the sufferfest.

hora
    Free Member

Sat early am I did my first fasted road ride.

Docs- what can the Docs do? ‘keep hydrating’ etc.

DT78
    Free Member

Had this since thurs and just about on top of it. Don’t take immodium, the first time max dose made no difference by day 3 all it did was give me massive stomach cramps and I still had the trots. Just paracetamol and rehydration and just put up with it I’m afraid. I’m about okay now, didn’t have to sleep in the bathroom last night.

Chicken soup and rice seem to be the best things to eat I’ve found…

Edit – don’t bother your doctor, read the NHS help pages, unless you see blood etc. in the mess then all they will do is tell you to drink lots and take painkillers. It is common for it to last up to 7 days. I’ve been doing a lot of reading whilst sat in the loo….

bikebouy
    Free Member

Whadda eat Friday eve? Curry or something with lots of fat in it?

Could be that..

No cure.

Stay off the fat intake, make everything lean from now on in, rice and potatoes with mixed salad helps but no chilis or tabasco. Stay off the coffee it’ll annoy it. No bread cos’ of the wheat either. Ride, you’ll be fine but no Gels, steer clear of refined fats, butters just about ok.

Should be fine by Weds.

Then kill it all over again.

Your tum will recover and get used to the effort but be careful of the gripe’s down below when hacking, it’s a sign.

You will turn into Sean Kelly (noted squits incident in the Tour back in the day where he had to ride flat chat for 50k’s in shit covered bibs)

All good sensations, I’m proud of you. 8)

hora
    Free Member

Stay off the coffee it’ll annoy it.

Sorry no can do. Nadda, nix, Nein, niet, nope.

rossatease
    Free Member

Bananas, I use when travelling, they do help, you’ve probably got some bug. Or it’s God punishing you for becoming a roadie (is this the first time?).

allthepies
    Free Member

Cat AIDS (the bad kind) ?

Stoatsbrother
    Free Member

After 3 days of real liquid – if several times a day – as a doc – I’d be wanting to send a sample for Campylobacter or other infections…

Travelled anywhere exotic?

but we ain’t supposed to give advice on the internet any more…

so I think ATP has the correct answer.

hora
    Free Member

Campylobacter – I’ve not been abroad.

I had a carvery on Friday night. God knows why I had a Carvery, I was having a couple of pints and thought ‘oo hello’.

willard

Round these parts, exotic might mean Manchester. Knowing Hora, it could mean several of the more.. progressive clubs in Berlin.

Stoatsbrother
    Free Member

Lots of campylobacter in the uk. Seen two in the last 2 weeks.

See a doc – espescially if you feel ill.
    Do not take a sample in an envelope…

hora
    Free Member
    Stoatsbrother
    Free Member

Then you’ve got Turkey AIDS (the bad bad one)

wwaswas

Lots and lots of hand washing (for the whole family) would be my advice plus giving all sink/loo/door handles and work surfaces a good going over with some sort of anti-bac/bleach based product on a regular basis.

maccruiskeen

Do not take a sample in an envelope…

I remember looking out the window when I was a student to see my housemate waiting for the rush-hour bus. He was on his way to sign on with a new GP and had been asked to take a sample. So he was there, in the bus queue, with a brim-full steaming cafetiere of orange morning piss.

fasthaggis

It’s all the BS coming out,you will be fine once it’s finished,and a better woman for it.
    HTH

boxelder

Outbreak of scarlet fever round these parts.
    Wonder who Farage would blame

njee20
    Free Member

My gut gets all squished and tense and the only cure is the squits, lasts 3-4 maybe 5 days at most, common problem, welcome to the sufferfest.

I disagree, that’s not normal…!

binners

natrix
    Free Member

Plain rice, water, paracetamol.

project
    Free Member

as above eat some bananas they work as an anti laxitive, eat 3 or 4.

hora
    Free Member

Err what over ripe ones too huh? 🙄

project
    Free Member

Yellow ones, the green ones are soutr and hard, the balck ones are to sweet.

Scamper
    Free Member

Seems to be a bit of this going around. Afraid to say I had it for 11 days. Didn’t feel particularly ill, but not being able to make much stick just ran me down. Really severe cramps for first three days which slowly subsided with time. Any big meals or spicy stuff was a no no. Freshly baked bread sarnies with something like ham and salad and bananas seemed to work best. Then after 11 days it suddenly stopped.

rossatease
    Free Member

hora – Member
    Err what over ripe ones too huh?

No just normal eating banana, in some countries they serve them (South Pacific) as a daily supplement

if you’re travelling somewhere likely to give you dysentry then one a day every day, if you’ve already got it, then two or three would help.

There is also the additional ‘bung’ like function.. 😉

eddiebaby
    Free Member

I think I may have this as well. Second day in.

Sui
    Free Member

Hora I had something like that for almost a week, first few days I was fine with it, just couldn’t go to far from the bog, but then I had 24hrs of cronic pain, then nothing, few more squits and back to normal. Wonderful slimming aid. I’ve put all weight back on.

Sui
    Free Member

oh, BTW probably my fault it lasted that long, I stupidly had a small amount of dairy which kicked it off – resist dairy for at least a week even if you feel OK!!

soulwood
    Free Member

Me too. All night with stomach cramps and every two hours letting water out from me ar@e. On day 3 and I am now out of the liquid stage with just an uncomfortable stomach and zero appetite. Forcing jam on toast down very now and then to keep energy levels up then feel like I’ve just had a banquet.

almightydutch
    Free Member

CocoPops is my go to food when feeling similar…god knows why but its the only thing I can consume and not make me feel worse.

natrix
    Free Member

bananas they work as an anti laxitive

Especially if you use them as a suppository 😯 😯

binners

This makes everything better – FACT!!!

You should be able to get it on prescription

dannyh
    Free Member

Or you could ‘re-raise all-in’ and have a nice hot curry and six pints of gassy lager……………

What makes you bad makes you better an’ all that!

hora
    Free Member

Warm milk help?

RustySpanner

3 minutes in microwave.

I’ve got it too…..
    Arse like a fresh bullet wound at the mo.

hora
    Free Member

Wow a warm cup of milk/on paracetomol really helps 🙂

dan1980
    Free Member

This may do the trick?

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 47 total)

The topic ‘Its the third day of of being turned inside out- Any Docs?’ is closed to new replies.