• This topic has 89 replies, 34 voices, and was last updated 9 years ago by Pook.
Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 90 total)
  • It's so very dusty in here. (Warning: happy sad dog story)
  • GrahamS

Meet Duke…

…and prepare to cry like the sentimental old fool that you are.

This Dog’s Final Day Proves We Should Live Every Day Like It’s Our Last (HuffPo)

njee20
    Free Member

Nope. I just think I’d be pretty pissed off if I was at a water park and someone bought a bloody dog in.

spacemonkey

Nope. I just think I’d be pretty pissed off if I was at a water park and someone bought a bloody dog in.

I’d get down and have some rough and tumble.

surfer
    Free Member

I suspect It is being so cheerful that keeps you going 🙄

Jamie
    Free Member

I dunno. Seemed a bit weird.

…and I am a dog lurver.

GrahamS

Only on Singletrack. 🙄

It’s not a “water park” with slides and swimming pools by the way. It’s just some squirty fountain things at a normal park:

warton
    Free Member

aah, that’s OK then. no doubt the kids won’t mind when it shits everywhere.

joolsburger
    Free Member

Not liking dogs is very weird indeed.

Junkyard
    Free Member

I’d get down and have some rough and tumble.

With the dog or Njee?[ Its scandinavian for happy bringer of joy iirc]

bearnecessities

I’m with Jamie (not literally, that would be weird).

richc
    Free Member

I suspect you didn’t read the page that that linked too, as that dog isn’t going to be shitting anywhere you moron.

Sign of a sick mind, as dogs kick off the same chemicals in the our brains that stops us doing bad things to children……

stumpy01

Pretty sad story, but nice that they gave him a ‘send off’.

I don’t have an issue about the dog going on the water park thing. Fair play; break the rules and go for it. If it’s outside anyway, you probably get birds preening in it, foxes drinking from it and all sorts.
    If it’s not chlorinated or whatever to protect kid’s faces from dog dribble, then someone needs to sue the council or something….

My issue (and I will probably regret posting this) is why do people now feel almost obliged to publicise this kind of thing on the internet?
    Sure, it’s your dog. You want him to have a nice send off and do some fun things with him. I understand that. But the cynic in me wonders how many of these people set these kind of things up, just so they can pop home and stick it on a blog/facebook to share with the world.
    No one seems content with doing things and keeping it just for themselves and their friends/family.
    Bah, think I’m just getting too old for ‘social media’….

njee20
    Free Member

Genuine LOL!

Its scandinavian for happy bringer of joy iirc

Contrary to popular belief it’s my initials, so it’s NJEE, not en-gee, could be some acronym for “happy bringer of joy”, which I am, I don’t need a shitty slobbering animal to bring me joy, dying or not!

Jamie
    Free Member

Incidentally, if anyone wants to punch their monitor meet the photographer:

http://www.robynarouty.com/about/

Bah, think I’m just getting too old for ‘social media’….

#grandad

fasthaggis

No it’s not,they are freakin wolves *

* only joking 😉

GrahamS

he cynic in me wonders how many of these people set these kind of things up, just so they can pop home and stick it on a blog/facebook to share with the world.
    No one seems content with doing things and keeping it just for themselves and their friends/family.

The photographer posted it on her blog, which seems like a pretty reasonable thing to do. Especially as someone with an interest in dogs too.

Social media did the rest.

ernie_lynch
    Free Member

But the cynic in me wonders how many of these people set these kind of things up, just so they can pop home and stick it on a blog/facebook to share with the world.

Amputating your dog’s leg and then taking loads of photos of him frolicking before having him put down seems a rather drastic way to seek attention.

Three_Fish
    Free Member

Sign of a sick mind, as dogs kick off the same chemicals in the our brains that stops us doing bad things to children……

Pretty Polly! Pretty Polly!

GrahamS

I don’t need a shitty slobbering animal to bring me joy, dying or not!

Does Mrs Njee feel the same? 😉

chewkw
    Free Member

Nope. That dog can walk albeit with 3 legs but a good life.

My father rescued a dog that was ran over by a car and was left to dead, it survived but was left to die in the monsoon rain drainage. My father rescued it then nursed it back to health and looked after it for the next 8 years, cleaning dog poo and urine everyday, because the dog could not walk and was paralyzed waist down.

bearnecessities
    jota180
    Free Member

It is indeed dusty in here

We lost this big fella last Friday to liver disease, his last day didn’t include waterparks but he did have his favourite snack, apples 🙂

GrahamS

Photo 5 😯

Quite! Surely the label should be at the back?

Jamie
    Free Member
    Pyro

No it’s not, it’s a side-effect of growing up in a farming village and being bitten too many times by vicious barstewarding farm dogs, usually to the tune of an idiotic owner saying something inane like “Oh, don’t mind him/ he’s just a puppy/ he’s just playing/ he’d not harm a soul”

I do not wish harm on animals, but I genuinely don’t understand the sentimentality pet owners have for a walking, crapping, noisy, smelly waste of money.

njee20
    Free Member

Why? Surely it’s no different to not liking any other thing, living or otherwise. Something that stinks, shits everywhere and periodically kills people, seems quite obvious why some folk may not like them?

rickmeister

There has to be a GIF in that lot Jamie…

GrahamS

Something that stinks, shits everywhere and periodically kills people

*still not sure if describing self or dog…* 😉

warton
    Free Member

as that dog isn’t going to be shitting anywhere you moron.

a non shitting dog? whatever next? non annoying cats?

anagallis_arvensis

brainless trolls are out I see

joolsburger
    Free Member

It’s weird because it is. Dog and humans go back millennia, not liking dogs is literally inhuman.

Pyro

Dog and humans go back millennia, not liking dogs is literally inhuman.

No, not liking dogs is a case of ancestral memory back to the days when we built fires in cave entrances to stop the wolves stealing our children.

richc
    Free Member

a non shitting dog? whatever next? non annoying cats?

Dogs that are dead don’t generally shit everywhere due to the fact they are dead…….. surely that’s not hard to grasp?

cheekyboy
    Free Member

Amputating your dog’s leg and then taking loads of photos of him frolicking before having him put down seems a rather drastic way to seek attention.

The current fashion for all sorts of bizarre mawkishness knows no bounds !

richc
    Free Member

No, not liking dogs is a case of ancestral memory back to the days when we built fires in cave entrances to stop the wolves stealing our children.

You do realise that your fantasy world of dogs doesn’t relate to actual historical evidence dont’t you?

Pyro

You do realise that your fantasy world of dogs doesn’t relate to actual historical evidence dont’t you?

Doesn’t change the fact I don’t like them!

rubberjohnny
    Free Member

My dog’s got no nose.

Jamie
    Free Member

My dog’s got no nose.

Better take some arty pics of him then.

#instagramz

ernie_lynch
    Free Member

The title of the thread included the following warning : Warning: happy sad dog story.

Why would anyone who hates dogs want to open a thread which contains that warning ?

And why, having opened a thread which covers a subject that they are not interested in, do they then feel that they must make the effort to inform everyone that they don’t like dogs ?

Clearly some people need a damn good grumble and the ability to dispense large amounts of negativity to make their lives more complete.

This is a little beauty :

Why? Surely it’s no different to not liking any other thing, living or otherwise. Something that stinks, shits everywhere and periodically kills people, seems quite obvious why some folk may not like them?

And I can guarantee that despite not liking dogs njee20 will repeatedly come back to this thread.

They say that it takes all sorts to make a world but it never fails amaze me just how different from each other humans can be.

Drac

Seen that yesterday, it’s all a bit odd.

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 90 total)

The topic ‘It's so very dusty in here. (Warning: happy sad dog story)’ is closed to new replies.