Viewing 40 posts - 161 through 200 (of 1,743 total)
  • It’s Premium Bonds draw day.
  • Alphabet

I saw “bumper crop” and got very excited. Not sure I’d class one £25 win as a bumper crop but I’m not complaining.

jon1973
    Free Member

Hmm. Tempted to invest after reading this thread.

johnikgriff
    Free Member

“Bumper crop” for me too… also £25.

cogglepin

Aye another bumper crop for me, 25 quid.

CraigW
    Free Member

£25. First prize in over 30 years.

onewheelgood

Now held my bonds for 60 years without winning a penny

olly2097
    Free Member

Nowt. As usual.

beanum

Sorry to reopen this thread but are Premium Bonds still worth it?

My mum has just found out that my Dad had 50k invested. We need Probate to either retrieve the money or reinvest it so I’m wondering if there is anywhere better to invest that sort of amount easily?

Thanks..

Onzadog
    Free Member

I think they’re worth it as interest rates are so low. Unless you’re willing to monitor stocks and shares, it’s hard to make your money work for you.

Thing is, £50k is the max you can have in premium bonds. I guess the only thing you’ll need to do is change where the winnings are going. I have mine reinvested but that’s not an option here.

jolmes
    Free Member

Nothing this month…
    Where else is better then premium bonds…starting to get bored and disillusioned with the lack luster winnings.
    Note, happy to piss about and buy sell etc, been micro managing my pension for the past few years and that’s doing better than it was.

thepurist

Nothing this month…

My app says the draw is tomorrow?

Where else is better then premium bonds…

Define ‘better’ – investment is a balance of risk, return, access etc so are you looking for something with higher potential returns than PBs but higher risk, reliable returns but low risk, easy access to funds or long term investment?

jolmes
    Free Member

That’s odd, mine let me check mine and now Just says Sorry you haven’t won. Did I even check for September!?

Looking for something Low risk, easy access, reliable returns. Somewhere else to put the monthly savings. Probably a conversation for another thread.

That’s odd, mine let me check mine and now Just says Sorry you haven’t won. Did I even check for September!?

The current draw will be October. Results won’t be up yet

thepurist

October’s draw is up now, but the list is clearly not complete as they’ve missed my prizes again

timbog160

£50! Kerching..!!

sharkbait
    Free Member

All three daughters had £25 each last month…. Nothing this time round I think.

zippykona

£25 for me.

2 wins in a row , I’m on a roll now. This time next month……

MrSparkle

Get in – three x £25! #winning

trail_rat
    Free Member

25 quid again

concrete24
    Free Member

Intrigued by this thread I dug out the details of a £5 premium bond my grandad bought me when I was 8 (1981). I lost the certificates years ago but registered online with the holders number and was slightly amazed that all the details are indeed still there and available. The site shows history of any unclaimed prizes or transactions. Sadly I have won £0 in the intervening 38 years and my investment value is still a heady £5.

My (notoriously lazy) 8 year old daughter however has won £50 twice in the last two years from the £50 that her own grandad gave her and seems to think that’s just the way the world works, (much to the disgust of her harder working brothers)!

imnotverygood

500 quid this month. Most I’ve ever won!

BoardinBob

4 x £25 for me.

Taking me to £175 since July based on a £20k investment. Way better than my savings account so far.

Stuck another £7k in just before the end of last month to increase next month’s chances even more. Quite enjoying this. Basically a cost and risk free lottery!

MrSparkle

We’ve won £450 so far this year. Think we’ll be getting some more. As BB said above it’s a cost and risk free lottery.

sharkbait
    Free Member

Taking me to £175 since July based on a £20k investment. Way better than my savings account so far.

Stuck another £7k in just before the end of last month to increase next month’s chances even more

Yeah… that’s how they get you. Now wait for the radio silence from them!!

retrorick

Nothing for me this month.

trail_rat
    Free Member

Yeah… that’s how they get you. Now wait for the radio silence from them!

Been pretty consistant for me.

kcal

woo hoo!

£25. Better than last month though.

Ming the Merciless
    Free Member

Zilch, my luck is a disease.

mashr

As always, my email arrives on the 3rd for some reason. £75 this month will do nicely

kneebiscuit
    Free Member

Nowt here 😐

BillMC

Nuffink

ElShalimo

Did anyone get the double payout in error this month?

kneebiscuit
    Free Member

??

thepurist

November’s draw tomorrow – based on recent form I am confidently predicting that England will score more points than I win in £.

Vader
    Free Member

so far been working out for me, 25, 25,25 and then a 50. Which was a bit of a shock to say the least. So currently running about 1.5% fag packet calcs I think.

trail_rat
    Free Member

2*25 this time round.

In last 6draws that’s 275 quid

Running calc over the year is 2% return.

zippykona

Me nothing

Mrs Zip nothing.

BoardinBob

Another 4 x £25 this month!

ffej
    Free Member

2×25 today. Nowt last month. Just over 1% I think but not been a year.

J

Viewing 40 posts - 161 through 200 (of 1,743 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.