• This topic has 1,710 replies, 248 voices, and was last updated 3 weeks ago by mboy.
Viewing 40 posts - 1,161 through 1,200 (of 1,711 total)
  • It’s Premium Bonds draw day.
  • BillMC

bruneep

Rich_s

Cock all. Annoying as I left a chunk of cash in there instead of paying it off the mortgage. So it’s cost me a bit in interest.

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    retrorick

£25. Better than nowt.

ElShalimo

£25 !!

thepurist

Nothing! First time since May that I’ve drawn a blank though

joelowden

0…

ayjaydoubleyou

2x£25 for me

iainc

after very little since investing :

andrewh
    Free Member
    For those that get regular wins, how much do you have invested ? I put in 10k almost 2 years ago, and have so far won £25.

You are well below average, £10k should be getting you £25 every 2-3months.

I have today got £50, which is making me wonder whether to leave or move the fund..

jimdubleyou

Nowt. Maybe slightly below par for the year, still a couple of months to go…

jamesmio
    Free Member

£50 – first in yonks. Happy days, thats the wee ones new bike helmet paid for.

onewheelgood

I had a few OK months, but nothing today 🙁

jonba
    Free Member

£225

100,50,50,25. Good month. Above the best savings account over a rolling 12 months.

MrSparkle

£50 here too. Whoop de do.

imnotverygood

2x £25 & £50. Looks like the changes to the prizes is having an effect. I’d not won more than £25 prizes for yonks. The wife has won £100.

johndoh
    Free Member

Is it just me that still has the message ‘Next draw date October 2022’?

jimmy

£25 and £50. First £50 I think I’ve had.

thelawman

Same as @jonba above for me – £100, 2x£50 and a single £25. Blimey crikey, that is a nice surprise.
    Just a single £25 for Mrs Lawman

nerd
    Free Member

£1,100 for me!
    Whoop, that’s the most I’ve had so far.

retrorick

😲

tails
    Free Member

Wow! Congrats! That’s where my portion of the pie went.

zippykona

£225 for me £175 for mrs zip
    Happy with that.

Bazz

Only just got an email (I don’t bother checking usually as it’s always disappointing) £100 this month, 2x£50, first win in a year.

Kryton57

I’ve been away and just got home to a welcome £175 surprise – 1 x £100, 1 x £50 and 1 x £25.

DT78
    Free Member

small rant. if you need to access your money don’t use N&SI. bloody awful system. been struggling with two factor authentication on a few of my devices for months. found one that works and now it’s erroring when I’m trying to remove funds. on phoning it appears my account has been flagged high risk and now I need to wait for their fraud dept to contact me. add on top for some reason it takes 3 days to do a transfer which should be instant I am not a happy bunny.

hopefully the builders will understand why they aren’t getting paid….

shutting the account down and moving my money elsewhere. they need to sort their IT out, it’s terrible compared to modern savings and banks.

apparently the argument is they are more secure than banks hence the extra checks. maybe I’m being harsh and someone is trying to get at mynaccount and I should be thankful but I highly doubt it just another continuation of shit systems

morale of the story i shoukd have stuck with chase savings at 1.5%. rant over

Kryton57

for some reason it takes 3 days to do a transfer which should be instant I am not a happy bunny.

That was clear to me from the moment I opened it. It’s pretty obvious written into the t&cs. Why do you think it should then be instant?

DT78
    Free Member

because there is no reason for it to take 3 days with modern banking systems

Fueled
    Free Member

Do we know what the policy is for the prize rate (“interest rate”) being increased? Just opened a Santander account paying 2.75% so is it time to empty the premium bonds account?

Kryton57

because there is no reason for it to take 3 days with modern banking systems

My point was that, regardless of that point you effectively entered into a contract that effects a 3 day wait for you funds to appear in your nominated account, so why would you expect any better?

However, its a moot point, I checked the details and they’ve amended it to next working day if its before 13:00 and under £50k, so if you meet that criteria you have a point to argue.

Having said that – and I’m not trying to insult you – especially in the current times I wouldn’t have made a promise to the Builders until I had that cash readily available. Maybe a lesson learned. NS&I 2FA working fine for me btw although I admit it seems rather more complex that it should to set up.

jimster01

Is it worth cashing in all the bonds and reinvesting as a larger lump sum?

I’ve got lots of odd amounts sitting around.

thepurist

Is it worth cashing in all the bonds and reinvesting as a larger lump sum?

If you’re reinvesting them in premium bonds then no, there’s no point. Every bond has an equal chance of winning a prize each month, doesn’t matter if they’re in a block or scattered over years of purchasing.

retrorick

Santander account paying 2.75%

Chase savings account up to 2.1% later in the month.

larger lump sum

I looked at the high value winners and it seemed like there was a greater number of winners were from holdings which were in one big block of bonds. I chose to withdraw everything and then put it back in one block. Not won the million quid yet 😭

retrorick

£50!

surfer
    Free Member

£50 🙂

zippykona

£25 each. Would have got more in Chase. There’s always next month.

ElShalimo

£0 here

joelowden

£25 .

imnotverygood

Best month ever. I won 2x£25 & £100. The wife got 1x£25 & £1000! 🤗 At this rate the winnings will almost be keeping up with inflation 😐

jimster01

£25, ticking along nicely.

clubby

My best month as well after a couple of zeros in a row. 3 x £25 and 2 x £50.
    Going to give it a few more months of the new formula to see if it’s still worth it as even my easy access saving rate is heading up all the time.

Viewing 40 posts - 1,161 through 1,200 (of 1,711 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.