It's official – TdF & Cavendish content (spoilers?)

Home Forum Chat Forum It's official – TdF & Cavendish content (spoilers?)

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 48 total)
  • It's official – TdF & Cavendish content (spoilers?)
  • Premier Icon Cougar
    Subscriber

The liquid was thrown from a bottle and the 28-year-old initially thought it was water but quickly realised what it was from the taste.

Bleurgh.

warton

How does he know what it tastes like?

Premier Icon surroundedbyhills
    Subscriber

Curiouser and curiouser…although taste and smell are often quite close things? πŸ˜•

Premier Icon MoreCashThanDash
    Subscriber

Handy for the doping control “Here’s one I made earlier…..”

Premier Icon unklehomered
    Subscriber

Cavendish has declined to discuss the incident, but he is said to have been left “really disappointed”.

πŸ˜†

Premier Icon Speshpaul
    Subscriber

I don’t get it!
    By sprinters rules he did nowt wrong. why all the hate?
    I don’t mean here i mean in general.
    but hey why did the team let him talk to the press last night? brailsford won’t have let him thats for sure.

jekkyl

absolutely disgusting. what an effing scumbag did that.

atlaz

By sprinters rules he did nowt wrong. why all the hate?
    I don’t mean here i mean in general.

It’s debatable whether it was anything to do with the crash yesterday.

However he does, periodically, come across as a bit of a dick. Not that’s worth throwing piss on someone for though, I’m not sure there’s many things that justify being soaked in urine.

atlaz

Holy shit woppit. That’s a really horrible set of tweets on that blogpost… not unsurprisingly, women are just as vile as men about other women’s looks

huws

It’s to be expected when the ITV coverage is sponsored by Wii U.

Premier Icon unklehomered
    Subscriber

The wonder of the internet is really lost on the human race sometimes isn’t it… πŸ˜•

Premier Icon Speshpaul
    Subscriber

You know what? after reading that i feel much better about myself.
    How do these people get by with so much anger in them?

Premier Icon jimmy
    Subscriber

Maybe Peta likes that kind of thing.

Premier Icon Coyote
    Subscriber

That Bartoli abuse really is quite something else. #speechless

qwerty
    Premier Icon surroundedbyhills
    Subscriber

Re the Bartolli thing – I read that even the commentator on the TV, John Inverdale (?) made comment that “she’s no looker” quite sad really, given that Andy Murray is at best dour and miserable most of the time.

http://www.huffingtonpost.co.uk/2013/07/08/marion-bartoli-john-inverdale-sexist-wimbledon_n_3560230.html

atlaz

I know the BBC and Inverdale apologised, but his apology was just him trying to keep his job. So he was saying that she was proof that tennis wasn’t about being photogenic was he? Not sure the point needed to be made and certainly not by basically saying on live TV that her dad surely would have told his little girl she was ugly. The bloke is a moron and should be moved off to regional radio.

makeitorange

” It is not known whether the Manxman, who also heard boos and jeers during his ride, was targeted deliberately. “

Seems odd, it’s an individual Time trial. It’s not like someone lobbed it into the Pelaton and randomly hit Cav.

Also, I’m not trolling, I didn’t follow Wimbledon but that Bartoli does look a little out of shape to win one of the pinnacle tournaments of a sport. Her level of attractiveness is irrelevant, I just think it says something about the level of a sport if you can win it carrying some extra pounds. Even so those tweets are vile.

Premier Icon Speshpaul
    Subscriber

“didn’t follow Wimbledon but that Bartoli does look a little out of shape to win one of the pinnacle tournaments of a sport”

she needs to slim down and be more like the williams girls.
    Doesn’t matter if she was 15 stone she still won.

Mr Woppit

The bloke is a moron and should be moved off to regional radio.

Premier Icon spawnofyorkshire
    Subscriber

I’m not trolling

really? doesn’t read like that

samuri

That Bartoli abuse really is quite something else. #speechless

+1 That really is quite astonishing.

As for throwing wee at Cav, that’s another very odd thing to do. The thought process is what’s odd. They’ve become so bothered by what they saw (a god to honest accident), that they’ve wee’d in a bottle, positioned themselves in a place they can lob it nicely and then targeted him. They’ve stayed incensed through all that time.

For me to get that angry for that length of time it’d have to be my own child who Cav knocked off. And even then, I think I’d start to reconsider.

And I don’t know about you gents, but my wee is valuable. I don’t just chuck it at anyone.

makeitorange

Doesn’t matter if she was 15 stone she still won.

I’m not denying her achievement, I’m just saying the level of competition at the top of an international sport should be so intense that the winners shouldn’t be able carry any excess fat if they wish to remain competitive.

Mr Woppit

*ahem* she beat someone who had already beaten Serena Williams *ahem*

atlaz

So… she didn’t win… or she did but didn’t deserve to… or women’s tennis is easy… or… I’m lost

atlaz

And how do you know she’s carrying excess fat? Some people are different body shapes or do you agree with Inverdale and the scum on twitter that looking like and athlete (and similarly being attractive) are important in sport?

d45yth

Who’s abusing Bartoli? There’s no need for it, I like it on my toast. πŸ™‚

Mr Woppit

After running about centre court as fast as a very fast thing and whacking the bejeezez out of all those tennis balls, Bartoli’s “extra weight” didn’t seem to cause her any problems.

And as far as Cav’s interview style goes – perhaps he’d be less spiky if the journalists he seems to meet didn’t keep asking him such stupid questions.

Premier Icon Speshpaul
    Subscriber

So mike you agree that she won but you say she couldn’t have won because she is IYO carrying to much weight.

or put it another way, i’d like to see someone call Serena fat to her face! πŸ˜€
    that could get messy.

Premier Icon martinhutch
    Subscriber

I’m just saying the level of competition at the top of an international sport should be so intense that the winners shouldn’t be able carry any excess fat if they wish to remain competitive.

Watch much international rugby or powerlifting?

Sometimes it’s about the power and accuracy you can generate, and a conventionally athletic shape is not going to deliver that.

And, clearly, since Marion Bartoli just won a grand slam tournament, she has a very suitable body type to perform at the highest level.

makeitorange

Forget it, sorry for derailing the thread and sorry if I offended anyone.
    Think I’ve been reading too many pro cycling things recently were they’re so obsessed with keeping body fat down to remain competitive.

ohnohesback

Back on subject: Did any wee trickle into Cav’s shoes?

Premier Icon Speshpaul
    Subscriber

1kg per 2.5cm of height sounds about right
    well i am almost 8 ft tall πŸ˜†

Mr Woppit

Edit: Just remembered, I’m “Woppit”, not Mike. On here.

Carry on.

toys19

I like Cav, he is passionate, he is also bloody awesome, he is also very humble whenever he wins, always noting that it is a team effort and the he is just a cog in the machine.
    He reminds me of the kid we used to bully at school, he reacts to nasty taunting in one way or another. You would think that the press and cycle fans/spectators would be more grown up but shamefully it appears not.

I guess he should learn to keep his tongue and calm down, but I do not really think he is a dick

Premier Icon simmy
    Subscriber

Whatever happened yesterday in the sprint, to throw urine at someone is disgusting.

Of course they targeted Cav, its an individual TT with a car behind him, most probably with his name on the front of it.

Personnally, I think what happened in the sprint was one of them things which happen at that speed, I’ve not seen or heard anyone mention the fact that Tom whatshisname was looking under his left shoulder immediately before the incident.

Cav needs more support from OPQS as they seem to leave him without a lead out a lot. He said himself that gripell went too early I mean, how’s that happened when he should be looking after Cav ?

bikebouy

I was at Donnington Park back in the late 80’s at Monsters of Rock..
    Anyone there can attest to the fact that bottles of wee, if thrown, hurt. Hurt like hell.

Get well soon Cav.

πŸ˜†

ohnohesback

Was it a bottle or a bucket? Hitting a cyclist at 30mph+ isn’t easy…

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 48 total)

The topic ‘It's official – TdF & Cavendish content (spoilers?)’ is closed to new replies.