Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 58 total)
  • its not new but it kinda looks it… (ton look away now)
  • slowrider
    Free Member

just had my five polished and changed a few bits on it to knock the weight from 33lbs down to 28.75, thought id share a few pics on here…

nickc

I'm such a sucker for polished bikes.

Ace lookin bike

mboy
    Free Member

Those bars are so wide your left hand must be in a different time zone to your right! Have you got the world's widest shoulders? 😕

Very nice though all the same…

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    bigdugsbaws
    Free Member

Realy nice but the car style orange badge is chavtastic!

rs
    Free Member

i've never seen brakes so far from the grips before 😯 needs chrome bars.

grumm
    Free Member

Not really into it – especially the lettering – sorry!

How wide are those bars btw?

slowrider
    Free Member

thanks for the usual stw comments, guess id better mtfu and take them on the chin cos ive dished out my own fair share.

mboy, they are quite wide i guess, they are the first bars ive had that i dont have my little finger hanging off the end though so im happy.

duggie, its uberchav aint it? individual letters from halfrauds, i was going to get a slikgraphics made up but they never got back to me so when i was buyingsome copper grease i spotted them and acted on impulse. you dont really see them cos they match the frame pretty well. they may come off though!

rs, one finger braking all the way! think a chrome bar might be a bit much, white lg1 would look nice though…

slowrider
    Free Member

grumm, no need to apologise! it was white before so IMHO its an improvement (and saved a quarter of a pound, woop!). the bars are 750mm.

GlenMore
    Free Member

Sort of defines "gopping"

buzz-lightyear
    Free Member

That's the only 5 I've ever gone "WOW!" over

Chrome bars

Silver spokes

mamadirt
    Free Member

I like it – the raised lettering compliments the headbadge 8)

slowrider
    Free Member

sob

matthew_h
    Free Member

I like that (apart from the lettering). Who did the polishing for you?

jemima
    Free Member

I wouldn't normally comment on bike photos but I think that looks awesome! Did you polish it yourself? I actually quite like the logo. Almost looks like its stamped into the frame. Does that make me a chav?

slowrider
    Free Member

a place called blumax in nottingham. i wouldnt say i wholeheartedly recommend them but you could do a lot worse. apparently it was hard to polish cos of the other metals in the alloy but theres some less than pretty patches here and there (or all over, depending on your taste!). you only see them close up and it will look scuffed and tatty soon anyway so im not fussed.

slowrider
    Free Member

it would appear i own a marmite bike. oooh, i feel so niche right now… 8)

JonEdwards
    Free Member

I think that's about the best 5 I've seen. Are those 2010 150mm travel Revs? A really nice, well thought about, spec. Everything fit for purpose. Bars are a bit wide for my taste (skinny git, so 715s do me), but other than that really neat, really clean.

Must be truly, truly, caneable DH for such a light bike- perfect Mega ride in fact. Question is can you climb on it as well as it descends?

Just out of interest – how much weight did you save by ditching the paint?

RealMan
    Free Member

its.. its beautiful… 😯

Just watch those letters don't fall off..

slowrider
    Free Member

cheers jon, yep 2010 150mm revs.
    it climbs better now than it did with my 36's on! first ride out last week with the single ring and revs i went lookng for nasty sharp inclines to see if it was too slack and its all good so far. still descends well but does up and along with less protest.

i saved a quarter of a pound with the polishing. not much when you think i saved over a pound off forks, a pound off seatpost and seat, a pound off the rear tyre and a pound off the drivetrain.

baldSpot
    Free Member

very nice. love the lettering!

uplink
    Free Member

Has it been lacquered? – if not how much time do you think it'll take to keep it from visibly oxidising?

I wouldn't fancy trying to keep on top of it

Orang-Hutan
    Free Member

Bling! but how the hell did you shave 4.25lbs off the weight?

slowrider
    Free Member

uplink, yep lacquered, same day it was polished to avoid any oxidising.

orang, it was a bit porky before, had talas 36's, dual ply rear tyre, gravity dropper seatpost and twice as many gears.

and some paint.

Richyb
    Free Member

Very nice, apart from the lettering I'm afraid.

Would look much better with nothing or normal decals imo.

epicyclo

Good to see a bike mod that isn't simply bolting shiny bits on 🙂

Nice bike (and I like the lettering)

ChunkyMTB
    Free Member

Found you some body armour to go with it..

buzz-lightyear
    Free Member

😆

slowrider
    Free Member

lmao chunky, you are too kind!

zaskar
    Free Member

ChunkyMTB 😆

slowrider -Nice bike!

rusty-trowel
    Free Member

Nothing wrong with a bit of chavness, fit some green neons on the downtube, it would look hilarious on night rides.

slowrider
    Free Member

i could try and find a burberry saddle too, i bet sdg do one!

ChunkyMTB
    Free Member

Not keen on the lettering. But I think it looks pretty cool. Some dark grey stickers would look good.

I'm liking your super wide bars – for those of us with big chests and shoulders 8)

nonk
    Free Member

you should draw a kind of distorted window on it somewhere.

mboy
    Free Member

thanks for the usual stw comments, guess id better mtfu and take them on the chin cos ive dished out my own fair share.

mboy, they are quite wide i guess, they are the first bars ive had that i dont have my little finger hanging off the end though so im happy.

I was just jesting anyway mate… I'm not that big a guy myself, so I get away fine with my 685mm bars, but can defo see the benefit of wide bars. Those are HUGE though to be fair!

You've definitely paid a fair amount of attention to detail to it, I'm assuming its intended purpose is riding events like the Megavalanche? IMO, the only other thing you need to do (aside from ditch the raised downtube lettering, not my cup of tea to be fair) is put a short cage mech on it now its got a single ring and chain device… It's not just an aesthetics thing, they do make a difference if you're running less than 3 chainrings to be fair.

brakes
    Free Member

the swingarm needs some stickers (go-faster stripes) to break it up a bit – looks a bit too filing cabinet at the moment

Jackass123456789
    Free Member

SICK!
    (in a good way, not I have been sick cos it's so bad)

slowrider
    Free Member

nonk, i dont know what that means…

mboy, no megas for me. i need this much skill compensation for the peak! ill probably pick up a short cage mech if i decide to stick with the single ring, just testing for now really.

brakes, i know what you mean.

radoggair
    Free Member

think you should of painted the 'O' on the main frame Orange to make it stand out a bit and not look to 'halfords'

ton

s'alright s'uppose………………..for a sheep bike……….. 😉

nonk
    Free Member

sorry. yknow in cartoons they do it to show comedy reflection.

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 58 total)

The topic ‘its not new but it kinda looks it… (ton look away now)’ is closed to new replies.