• This topic has 13 replies, 11 voices, and was last updated 3 years ago by kahl.
Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • It’s not just the squirrels
  • WorldClassAccident
    Free Member

After about 30 minutes of arial bombardments, screeching, pecking, attacking and general birdy nastiness we have this left on the floor below the tree.

This was the result of a sustained attach by about 6 magpies and 3 crows over 30 minutes this evening. Clapping hands and throwing sticks to distract them did nothing.

I think the smaller nest was a blackbirds and the larger a pigeon but there were so many different birds flying around in the frenzy I really couldn’t tell. It was like one of those cheap American ‘Shark Attack!!!’ programs but in the air, for real and above my garden.

Maybe the squirrels were peacekeepers?

oldtennisshoes

nickc

Could I suggest you go and watch a few of those documentaries by that nice Mr Attenborough? You seem to be unsure how this whole “nature” shit goes down.

WorldClassAccident
    Free Member

I know just how the nature shit goes down 🙂

I just wanted to show my care-y share-y bunny hugging sad for all animals side.

I got a bit slated on another thread you may have seen.

2unfit2ride
    Free Member

Slated, just a bit slated?
    I opened the thread when there was only a couple of replies & it was only going one way, kudos for going with it, it was never going to end well.

timbog160

We had a lot of birds in the garden a few weeks ago – seems to be a few less now since the ****ing magpies turned up. Have seen a bit of aggro but nothing on quite the scale you’re describing there WCA. Maybe you live in the ornithological equivalent of the Bronx in the 1970’s 😳

tthew

Does anyone else see the woman from behind, wearing a thong with her arms raised in that Lion King still? 😲

Anyway, when you say

Maybe the squirrels were peacekeepers?

Has that trap done for them all already?

timmys

So next on your shopping list will be a Larsen trap?

I’ll look forward to that thread :facepalm:

damascus
    Free Member

Maybe you could go to a local woods and catch some squirrels and bring them back to your garden to restore the peace? 😂

You would have to buy another trap though! One that doesn’t kill carrots!

I’m disappointed Mrs wca didn’t film you in the garden being attacked by birds! I wouldn’t be too bored to watch that!

ElShalimo

<div id=”post-11206802″ class=”bbp-reply-header d-flex justify-content-between p-0 mb-2″>
    <div class=”d-flex justify-content-between w-100″>

<div class=”bbp-reply-author d-flex align-items-center flex-wrap”>Premier Icontthew
    <div class=”bbp-author-role”>
    <div class=””>Subscriber</div>
    </div>
    </div>
    <div class=”d-flex align-items-center”></div>

</div>
    </div>
    <div class=”p-0 loop-item-6 user-id-12544 bbp-parent-forum-180317 bbp-parent-topic-11206372 bbp-reply-position-7 odd post-11206802 reply type-reply status-publish hentry”>
    <div class=”bbp-reply-content p-0″>

Does anyone else see the woman from behind, wearing a thong with her arms raised in that Lion King still? 😲

</div>
    </div>

I think you might need to go and  “knock out a mix” …. Wash your hands twice afterwards

damascus
    Free Member

Say goodbye to Hoss https://stumbler.com/v/mbenPC9/?s=s

The best type of squirrel catcher

cynic-al
    Free Member

LOL

bear-uk
    Free Member

😂😂😂

kahl
    Free Member

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

The topic ‘It’s not just the squirrels’ is closed to new replies.