Viewing 19 posts - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)
  • It's national doughnut day
  • molgrips
    Free Member

In America, apparently. Like they need such a thing.

Anyway in honour of this, I am making some. Gone for the yeast option; they are on the first rise now.

rusty90
    Free Member

Bollocks to that! It’s national Fish and Chip day today

The second annual National Fish and Chip Day is promoted by the National Edible Oil Distributors Association and sponsored by Seafish. The dish has been eaten in the U.K. for over 150 years.

molgrips
    Free Member

It can be both.

rusty90
    Free Member

That would probably keep the National Edible Oil Distributors Association happy. But which goes in the fryer first? Fishy doughnuts or sugary fish?

mrsfry
    Free Member

Krispy Kreme

I would happily eat myself into a coma with these

Shame they only give a free one in US and Canada (that place that sends their psycho geese all over the world) 🙁

bearnecessities

Doughnuts are crap….unless they’re the freshly-made-and-dropped-in-sugar-in-front-of-your-eyes variety, made in those coveyor machine things, popular in seaside locations in the 80’s/90’s.

They are awesome.

In fact I think they may have been dropped in smack.

ernie_lynch
    Free Member

In America, apparently. Like they need such a thing.

Well the very fabric of American society depends on the humble doughnut, without it law enforcement would collapse and your hardcore commies would probably take over.

molgrips
    Free Member

Ugh, Krispy Kreme.. yeah you could eat yourself into a coma.. a diabetic coma.. with one doughnut…

Mine are the just fried dipped in sugar kind. They’re not bad, but funnily enough the jam is the highlight. Despite being cheap Hartley’s bit-free jam it’s so much better than what comes in shop doughnuts it’s amazing. Got the Ambrosia custard ones next 🙂

Still, bit of a faff when it’s only 60p for 5 in the shop.

Northwind

bearnecessities – Member

Doughnuts are crap….unless they’re the freshly-made-and-dropped-in-sugar-in-front-of-your-eyes variety, made in those coveyor machine things, popular in seaside locations in the 80’s/90’s.

Handmade by a grey haired rasta in dawlish warren, if you want the best doughnuts of all time.

(the process of doughnut making defies natural law. Where does the hole come from?)

slowoldman

When is “National not a National Day Day”?

Cougar

Just had a KK “peanut butter and jelly” doughnut. One of the best £2 I’ve ever spent. Omnomnom.

welshfarmer

Isn’t a doughnut simply a deep fried bread roll?

FunkyDunc
    Free Member

Oh will have to get the car out again.

Not far off needing new tyres anyhow

rOcKeTdOg

“donut”

makecoldplayhistory
    Free Member

They still have them on the beach in Rock, Bearnecessities. They’re best after a surf when you’re too hungry to wait for your fish and chips.

wordnumb
    Free Member

Now that’s what I call a holey day, the jammy gits.

slowoldman

Quite right. I used to buy bagloads of them in Woolies in Sheffield.

Krispy Kreme are disgusting.

fourbanger
    Free Member

If you want a top notch donut, try Blue Star Donuts in Portland OR. Worth the flight.

oldtalent
    Free Member

Any donut that doesnt contain a filling isn’t fit to be called a donut.

Viewing 19 posts - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)

The topic ‘It's national doughnut day’ is closed to new replies.