Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • It's grim up north – part 7459…………..
  • grum
    Free Member

So I thought I’d try and sneak a little local ride in before my 14 hour shift down’t pit (after feeding my whippets and removing my flat cap obviously). 🙂

Not been on the bike for a good few weeks due to illness so it felt great to get out on such a stunning day. Trails that have obviously recently been a boggy mess were all nice and firm and crunchy.

Only had the iPhone on me but here’s a few pics.

MaryHinge
    Free Member

I’ve got a DSLR, and your iphone pics are way better than my efforts! 🙁

Good show (again) Grum 🙂

martinhutch

Where’s that? Looks nice (and familiar).

Adam_Buckland
    Free Member

I wish they were my local trails!!

Nice Pics

grum
    Free Member

Cheers Mary Hinge – I just got an iPhone 4S and I have to say the camera is pretty damn good for a phone.

martinhutch – it’s Farleton Knott – you drive right by it on the M6 going north from Lancaster.

I do have to get in the car for 15 mins to get there so not quite ‘out the door’ local but still pretty sweet. 🙂

ir_bandito
    Free Member

it’s Farleton Knott – you drive right by it on the M6 going north from Lancaster

I’ve looked at that hill from the M6 for 35 years and often wondered what its like. Its now on the “to ride” list. 🙂

grum
    Free Member

It’s not a massive area but there’s some cracking riding there including an ace old DH track. It starts just under the line of crags you can see from the motorway – skirts under them for a while then crosses and drops down some limestone pavement.

If you’re ever passing give me a shout and I can show you round.

Hicksy
    Free Member

You have got a good eye for a photo Grum.

You even manage to make The North look less grim :D.

postierich
    Free Member

Grum I would be up for a pootle around your hills when are you free maybe organise a STW ride?

Rich

grum
    Free Member

You even manage to make The North look less grim

It’s all Photoshop – I had to clone out all the grey skies, bleak boggy moorland and fume-spewing mills. 😉

Hi Rich – very happy to show you round what I know. I’ll have to see if my current feeling well holds up as I have an ongoing health issue, which makes me a little wary of making concrete arrangements like organising a group ride. Despite being in the ‘wrong direction’ from Kendal it’s not far and definitely worth a couple of hours or so’s ride.

I’ll try and remember to post up on here or facebook if I’m going out again – this was a little spur-of-the-moment.

tommytowtruck

Lovely pictures which make me even more glad that from the middle of January i’ll be living in Cumbria again. I’ll be putting this one on the to-do list of rides too!

epo-aholic
    Free Member

lovely pics and a great day for it…….i’m further North (central Scotland) and would kill for weather like that, -3 and snow on the ground here, the only thing having a day out these days is the turbo! 🙁

grum
    Free Member

You’ll be pleased to know its gone pretty grey and miserable here now. 🙁

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

The topic ‘It's grim up north – part 7459…………..’ is closed to new replies.