Viewing 40 posts - 1,201 through 1,240 (of 1,330 total)
  • It's global cooling, not warming!
  • rightplacerighttime
    Free Member

hainey,

That's right, the one three hours ago.

I'll go over it again for you. Please let me know where you disagree with my record of events.

You put up a picture of a "free energy oven"

I put up a picture of a solar oven.

You put up a picture of a solar oven.

I explained why I put up my posting and why your second posting made you look stupid.

You told me to get a sense of humour and also that I had "completely missed the point" of your posting.

I asked you what the "point" was.

You went back and edited out the bit where you told me I had missed the point, then disregarded all my subsequent postings asking you what you meant.

Then I looked back over the last page and noticed that you had edited your posting, and pausing only to question whether you thought editing the data was OK (see I do have a sense of humour), we got to here.

hainey
    Free Member

RPRT, I genuinely have no idea what you are talking about.

I put a funny picture up to post for some Friday humour.

You didn't see the funny side.

Everyone moved on, apart from you seemingly.

rightplacerighttime
    Free Member

OK, I'm moving on. I accept that you have no idea what I am talking about. You don't have much idea about anything do you?

hainey
    Free Member

I see wit joins your sense of humour in being absent.

I'm trying to imagine you with a personality i really am.

ahwiles
    Free Member

For lots of places the winter was colder than average,

for lots of places it was warmer than average,

everywhere had lots of weather.

(bad science alert! bad science alert! – the following statement is based on nothing more than my own skeptical guesswork)

i don't believe that Global warming means flashfloods and hurricanes and scorching heatwaves and or the start of a new ice-age, i suspect the truth will be far more subtle; and will go largely un-noticed by lots of people, but will be very bad news for the millions (billions?) of people who live in marginal areas of the world.

anthropogenic or not or whatever, there is lots of evidence telling us the world is warming, and i think it's only right and proper that we use the best technology / models to predict (to our best ability) how a warming world will affect us. (us as a city/county/nation/species/planet).

mt
    Free Member

The important thing to is how will the trails at Glentress ride once GW really kicks in?

hainey
    Free Member

best technology / models to predict (to our best ability) how a warming world will affect us.

Agreed to a certain extent but i also think that we need to invest more time and work to really fully understand past cycles on earth instead of doom-mongering statements on dodgy data.

Junkyard
    Free Member

You're the one who got it wrong in the first place! I had to physically spell it out for you, i thought it would have been easy unless you had lost a finger or toe so you could only count to 9

WTF are you on about here are the posts you have done on the counting to ten 1998-2008 inclusive a period you refer to as the last ten years with url's for you to deny to your hearts content.
    Starts here
    http://www.singletrackworld.com/forum/topic/its-global-cooling-not-warming/page/20
    Answer one is Ten years – as you claimed it was the last ten years and said this to me

hainey – Member
    Quoting me
    Given the years on your scale Hainey that graph is not of the last 10 years is it?
    Hainey
    1998 – 2008? You will have explain your "special" maths on that one.

Answer two accepting it was 11 years when corrected by me

hainey – Member
    [QUOTING ME ]
    Ok let me try what year is it ? is it 2008? ok now then is 1998 more than 10 years BP[before present? hard innit. 98 -08 is also 11 YEARS YOU IDIOT
    [Hainey]
    sorry, 11 years, and your point is.

http://www.singletrackworld.com/forum/topic/its-global-cooling-not-warming/page/20
    Answer three saying 10 years

hainey – Member

How many years are there then betwen 1998 – 2008 – the period you refer to as the last ten years ?

98-99 – 1
    99-00 – 2
    00-01 – 3
    01-02 – 4
    02-03 – 5
    03-04 – 6
    04-05 – 7
    05-06 – 8
    06-07 – 9
    07-08 – 10

Are you forgetting that everything you say is on this thread?

http://www.singletrackworld.com/forum/topic/its-global-cooling-not-warming/page/27?replies=1190

Yes Hainey you corrected me honestly you are just looking silly.
    Again I call Bullsh1t.

midgebait
    Free Member

I've got a past cycle in my attic. Its a Clockwork Orange 93 LX 🙂

hainey
    Free Member

LOL

Are you frickin serious, the only thing you are doing at the moment Junkyard is taking time out to humiliate yourself! 😯

sorry, 11 years, and your point is.

Yes i said this, but it was a flippant comment to move on to the more important topic at hand, the actual trend.

Would you like to discuss our counting ability or discuss more interesting matters? Muppet.

Edit: I just re-read your post and laughed out loud, i can't believe you spent so long typing it.

I said 10
    You said 11
    I was like whatever
    I said 10 again.

You're a funny funny man.

hainey
    Free Member

Its a Clockwork Orange 93 LX

Nice wheels

midgebait
    Free Member

I'm hoping to revive it at somepoint but will need to sort out a respray and look around for 1" headset and an excessive amount of other purple-anodised components!

hainey
    Free Member

I might be able to help you out there. I went round to my dads to try and find my old KHS steel hardtail and found the frame had been cut into pieces as it was "perfect size for repairs to his classic car" LOL

midgebait
    Free Member

Thanks for the offer. Unfortunately I don't think I'll be working on it this year as my current bike needs a lot of TLC first but it'd be a shame not to get it riding again.

rightplacerighttime
    Free Member

We're obviously generating the right sort of discussion here. I see that the google ad on the right hand side of the screen has now turned to one for scientology.

midgebait
    Free Member

Think, what would Tom Cruise do?

Junkyard
    Free Member

Tom cruise would make us all stand in a pit so he looked tallest IMHO.

LOL

Are you frickin serious, the only thing you are doing at the moment Junkyard is taking time out to humiliate yourself

so Hainey you are seriously claiming that this is ten years worth of yearly temperature data 1998-2008 [inclusive]and that you you were only joking when you agreed it was 11.
    OK then as you wish cant think why I ever doubted your understanding of the data – it is clear to me why you think all the data is manipulated.

tree-magnet
    Free Member

Jesus wept, is this still going??

hainey
    Free Member

Junkyard, you're a joke, seriously, just spend 10 mins re-reading the tripe you are spouting out.

It has taken you what, 250 postings to discuss whether 1998-2008 is 10 or 11 years, and what has quite simply been put by myself and others, is that it can be interpreted as 9, 10 or 11 years.

I quite simply made it clear by going through each year one by one what i interpreted it as.

Now, are you still struggling, cause if you are i am afraid there is no hope for you.

Now if you DO understand, then perhaps you can enter an adult debate and answer the question at hand instead of spending another 250 postings on diversionary tactics. 😯

tree-magnet
    Free Member

It would appear it still is.

hainey
    Free Member

🙄

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

So Mr Tree. If the CO2 is increasing will this help the sapling grow big and strong? Trees like CO2 do they not?

tree-magnet
    Free Member

Hope so. Seems to be working either way, he's in the 98th percentile for height and weight.

In fact, that should be pretty conclusive proof of the rise of CO2, or at least enough to put in certain reports…

😉 *snigger*

Junkyard
    Free Member

Hainey you posted up a graph showing the last ten years of data and it covered the period 1998-2008. Now it is not really possible to discuss how many data points there were on the graph 9,10 or 11 according to you.
    It is clear to anyone who can do maths that there are 11 points with one average temperature for each year. ?
    In case you are REALLY struggling here is your graph just count the BLACK dots for the years!!!

It is not a matter of interpretation it is simply a fact that you got wrong. Your graph of 10 years clearly covers 11 years and has 11 data points to say anything else is simply incorrect.
    As I have said if you struggle with that fact no wonder you cannot grasp the complicated stuff.

toaster93
    Free Member

Will this ever stop???

hainey
    Free Member

LOL

You're an idiot.

Ugh, i don't know why i bother engaging you. Just go ahead and divert away from the actual subject again and again and again……..

Does it show a downward trend?

Edukator
    Free Member

No more than weather and anecdotal but the lady on the piste in Canada was lamenting that it's the warmest winter thay have on record and 5° above average. The hurricane season also appears to have started five months early this year. When you start to cumulate large numbers of exceptional events it's time to start thinking in terms of a new norm.

Junkyard
    Free Member

Edukator yes apparently it was on Raido 4 that this is the warmest winter on record [not IPCC Hainey Alabahama uni iirc}- clearly not here though yet only 25% of population agree with the science.

Hainey if you cannot accept how many years the graph actually covers then there is little point discussing the actual graph with you? You wont understand clearly
    So how many years then 9,10 or 11? Answer that correctly and I will discuss the trend.

luked2
    Free Member

Personally, I don't care what the weather man says. If the weather man says it's raining, you won't find me complaining.

hainey
    Free Member

Junkyard, you're a fool, i have already said it is 10 years, your inability to discuss further is just diversionary and to be honest i am now bored so forget it.

As to your rubbish regarding warmest winter on record, i remember that being said in 2002 when there was a poor season in snow in the alps, but for the last 3 years i have been skiing through plenty of powder throughout the whole season.

A trend? No.

ahwiles
    Free Member

Hainey, the graph starts at 1998, the warmest year on record.

The Graph finishes at 2008; a la-nina year (which was predicted – as was it's cooling effect)

And the graph appears to be unsmoothed (sounds petty i know, but the data is noisy – a rolling 10 year average would make more sense if you want to talk climate)

why do you rubbish the claim that january 2010 broke temperature records? – it's been measured, and the results are out. do you have more reliable measurements? ('i went skiing and saw snow' doesn't count as a temperature measurement)

please stop using 1998 as a starting point for any 'it's getting colder!' comments.

X

Junkyard
    Free Member

i have already said it is 10 years

Oh FFS I know which makes you someone who cannot even count as the graph has 11 data points -one for each of the years 1998 -2008 – just count the black squares FFS there are 11 this is not at all DEBATABLE YOU ARE WRONG – no wonder the science behind global warming confuses you. Why do you keep posting this error up just count the **** black squares 🙄
    Ok now what ahwiles has said but with some more graphs for you to get confused about.

Yes the graph you posted shows a downward trend FROM 1998 but the real issue is WHY does it show this – is this an accurate reflection of the real trend or not?. Now 1998 was an abnormally high year temperature wise and to use that as a starting point – when we are discussing a long term trend seems an odd choice. It is chosen because using the abnormally high year alters the trend line..it is why skeptics use it as it creates a misleading trend – WARNING GRAPH HEAVY CONTENT
    see your graph starting 2000 which has an upward trend for example

Ok sill not convinced what about this then?
    Starting form way back in 1850 where we get the following
    Still not convinced it is rising? ok now just using one data source I then plotted it from just 1978 [ arbitary choice I assume other years will give similar results] to show the data, trend from 1978 and trend from 1998 – HADCRUT3
    – can you see the difference this makes to the trend line using 1998 as a starting point?

Again suggesting that by selecting that year you get an artifical downward trend.
    Note also the high spike for 1998 your staring point.

UAH does show a simlair distortion by choosing 1998

I am sure you can again see the large spike for 1998 in this data set as well which further suports my position as to why it is a bad choice as a starting point.You can see an upward trend for the entire data set and a downward one if we select 1998 as the starting point it is why you choose 1998 for your graphs. This is the exact selective use of data you accuse others off.Your graph distorts the true picture

Spongebob
    Free Member
    ahwiles
    Free Member

no bob, that's just weather.

do we really need to explain the difference between climate and weather again?

Junkyard
    Free Member

WOW a sceptic getting things wrong …surprising that is.
    1. Weather is not climate – 31 pages and you have still not realised that!
    2. Despite what they think 😉 America is not the entire world it is a geographical location – if you wish to talk about global warming use the figures for the GLOBE
    I cannot decide which error is the most basic

You are wrong to suggest it has been a GLOBALLY cold winter BTW – I dont expect you to let inconvenient things like facts sway you though.

Global Highlights
    The combined global land and ocean average surface temperature for January 2010 was 0.60°C (1.08°F) above the 20th century average of 12.0°C (53.6°F). This is the fourth warmest January on record.
    The global land surface temperature for January 2010 was 0.83°C (1.49°F) above the 20th century average of 2.8°C (37.0°F)—the twelfth warmest January on record. Land areas in the Southern Hemisphere were the warmest on record for January. In the Northern Hemisphere, which has much more land, comparatively, land surface temperatures were 18th warmest on record.
    The worldwide ocean surface temperature for January 2010 was the second warmest—behind 1998—on record for January, 0.52°C (0.94°F) above the 20th century average of 15.8°C (60.5°F). This can be partially attributed to the persistence of El Niño across the equatorial Pacific Ocean. According to NOAA's Climate Prediction Center (CPC), El Niño is expected to continue through the Northern Hemisphere spring 2010.

unedited article here

midgebait
    Free Member

NOOOOOOOOOOooooooooooooooooooooooooo!!!!!!!!

😯

grumm
    Free Member

Wow this is still going eh? 🙂

hainey
    Free Member

Enough is enough! 😯

Spongebob
    Free Member

Sorry, couldn't resist this……

Spongebob
    Free Member
Viewing 40 posts - 1,201 through 1,240 (of 1,330 total)

The topic ‘It's global cooling, not warming!’ is closed to new replies.