• This topic has 12 replies, 10 voices, and was last updated 10 years ago by grum.
Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Its festival time, what to see?
  • stevenmenmuir
    Free Member

Looking for some recommendations for things to see at the Edinburgh festival. Probably comedy, preferably something newer ie cheaper. In previous years we have seen Nina Conti, Stephen k Amos, Jonny Vegas, Daniel Kitson.

scotroutes

The NSL sign on the way out of Edinburgh

dirtycrewdom
    Free Member

I don’t know if Chris Cox is on this year but he is always good. I’m a little biased because he is an old school friend but he blends comedy with mind reading and magic so it’s always interesting.

IA

I’ve seen Pete Firmin a few times and enjoyed it.

Or one year a mate just wandered from george square to the pleasance asking random strangers to name the best thing they saw recently, then bought tickets to the most recommended thing… worked out well*! So I recommend that tactic.

*we saw Sammy J, totally not what I’d normally look for, but it was hilarious.

rudebwoy
    Free Member

no fit state circus

Orange-Crush
    Free Member

John Otway’s show is free of charge.

Northwind

Off to see Mark Thomas and Adam Buxton this year, plus for some non-comedy Blam! and NoFit circus. Might wedge in some more, just like IA some of the best things I’ve seen were just from randomly rocking up at shows.

stevenmenmuir
    Free Member

Cheers for the suggestions. Bit of you tube research coming up. Might try the random wander around and see what’s happening.

dirtycrewdom
    Free Member

I definitely recomment NoFitState circus. I saw them in Bristol a month or so ago and was very impressed.

Northwind

Yeah, I’m really looking forward to it, got the bug when I saw Fuerzabruta a few years back- not sure this is going to be up to the same spectacle level mind but it looks ace.

bigjim

I’m looking forward to hearing the same shows every day for three weeks from the speigel tent right outside my office window 😡

grum
    Free Member

Think someone else recommended No Fit State Circus to me as well. Think we are seeing Stewart Lee but would be good to see something else.

No doubt there will be some terrible improv by Oxbridge students somewhere to enjoy. 🙂

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

The topic ‘Its festival time, what to see?’ is closed to new replies.