Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)
  • It's doing my head in!!!
  • jojoA1
    Free Member

I have a whistling sinus/nostril and it's been doing it on and off for the last fortnight. It's driving me mental, kind of like Chinese water torture, low level, almost constant stimulus driving someone to breakdown.

Help! How do I cure it? I've tried decongestants; nasal sprays; heavy blowing into a hanky and sniffing (to the dismay of my colleagues; serious digital excavation (in private and without subsequent mastication, mainly because of poor spoils)and footballer/cyclist style mucous evacuation techniques, but all to no avail. Can one have a "nasal lavage" and might this help?….

Pook
    Keva
    Free Member

jojoA1
    Free Member

Pook, I do hope that wasn't a rude link, it's just had me flagged up to the web admin at work!! 😯

Keva, that would make the bogies more palatable too! 😉

Pook

no no, not rude!

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

GP and maybe a referral to ENT? Its not tinnitus is it?

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

YOu can have a nasal lavage and you an do it DIY. Its very unpleasant tho

is the noise continuous or is it in time with breathing?

jojoA1
    Free Member

It's not tinnitus cos that's yer ears innit?!. It's definitely in my nose/sinus (slightly above and to the left of my left nostril). And yes, it's in time with my breathing. There's something up there slightly obstructing the airflow and making a moderately pitched whistle, probably about a C# in tone…..

Maybe it's brain matter….?

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

jimmy

let me know because the SO breathes like that down my neck all night. grrrrrrrr

zaskar
    Free Member

Steam?
    GP?

Gt85? (seriously no)

timdrayton
    Free Member

ask for neilmed in your chemist, you boil some water (let it cool down!!!!) then add the sachet, then fill up the squeasy bottle provided, and squirt up one nostril, and hope it comes out the other rather than down your throat.

it is very very unpleasant the first time, it is then very very unpleasant the next time.

it doesnt stop being very very unpleasant i am afraid.

cynic-al
    Free Member

Tried warm salty water, head upside down, pour former in nose, wait a few seconds and pour out? Steam?

Shibboleth
    Free Member

And she wonders why she doesn't get spooned!

anotherdeadhero
    Free Member

Ear muffs. HTH

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

If its in time with your breathing it is not tinnitus. Lucky you.

I would suggest actually leaving it alone for a few days – might be inflamed and swollen causing the issue. If that don't help GP time I guess.

Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)

The topic ‘It's doing my head in!!!’ is closed to new replies.