Viewing 13 posts - 41 through 53 (of 53 total)
  • It’s days like today that…..
  • grumm
    Free Member

I’ve spent a lot of time on the west coast of Scotland in all kinds of weather and I can’t say the midges have ever bothered me that much. Can be a bit of an arse if you are camping somewhere that’s not near a pub but otherwise it’s fine. 😛

djglover
    Free Member

The weather is like this ALL the time in London, it’s great

RudeBoy
    Free Member

Well, London does enjoy more sun/higher temps/less rain than most of the rest of Britain, that’s fo’ sho’.

Proper lovely hot today.

grumm
    Free Member

Yeah big dirty cities with hardly any green spaces are lovely when its really hot aren’t they.

Northwind

“tha’s because English people praising England is jingoistic, whereas Scots praising Scotland, the Welsh praising Wales etc, is simply patriotic”

No, it’s jingoistic too, just a bit more accurate :mrgreen:

buzz-lightyear
    Free Member

I’ve come to love and appreciate the soft green hills, the pale rocks and red dirt, the woods and combes of this bit of England (Somerset). But the West Coast Highlands and Islands stole a bit of my heart. Like a beautiful woman with whom one had a fleeting, intense affair and who haunts ones dreams on quiet nights such as this [sighs]

But it IS superb to be here at this time of year.

soops
    Free Member

So is no one proud to be British then? 😉

dobo
    Free Member

went to west lulworth and durdle door yesterday without the bike for a swim and a walk over the clifs and some chips.. absolutely gorgeous area, tempted to go back today

clareymorris

It’s is always beautiful, doesn’t need to be a sunny day to prove it….

RudeBoy
    Free Member

Yeah big dirty cities with hardly any green spaces are lovely when its really hot aren’t they.

Woon’t know. I’m fortunate to live in a city with loads of green spaces; more than any other capital city on Earth. In fact, I’m just off up to Epping Forest, which is not far from me, and very green!

(Is there a smiley for ‘stick that in yer pipe and smoke it’?)

dangerousbeans
    Free Member

In order,

I love the industrial fells of Calderdale and Kirklees

I love the beauty of the rest of Yorkshire

The many facets of English countryside are stunning as are numerous urban environments

I love Scotland and Wales for their wildness

Never been to Ireland but piccies show another beautiful country

I cannot say I’m particularly proud to be a Yorkshireman, Englishman or Brit, not because of the places but rather because of the people

We are an affluent nation compared to most yet seem to continually winge about our lot

If more of our combined wealth was used to make our nation better to live in rather than buy the latest plastic/electronic/mechanical marvel made in China, then I am sure I could be more proud of my nation as well

*gets off soapbox and heads outdoors*

mrfrosty
    Free Member

England ? poor mans wales ?

Mr_Krabbs
    Free Member

On days like these, I feel blessed to be in good health and a mountain biker. Having missed last summer laid up in hospital.
    Yesterday afternoon I went for a superb ride. Even went round for 2nd helpings of my favourite downhill/singletrack. Involves a bloody steep climb, but was well worth the effort. Then back to the pub for a pint and perv at groups of women out in their bikini tops in the pub garden.

Viewing 13 posts - 41 through 53 (of 53 total)

The topic ‘It’s days like today that…..’ is closed to new replies.