Viewing 22 posts - 1 through 22 (of 22 total)
  • Its Dakar time again
  • Pigface
    Free Member

Robbie Gordons new weapon, will it be able to beat the Mini’s and the rest?

Going to Bolivia for the first time and cars and trucks being split from the bikes and quads for a few stages as well.

Cant wait 😀

madjak
    Free Member

Yep got it on series link 🙂

milkyman
    Free Member

I cant wait either, be interesting to see how Cyril depress gets on moving to Yamaha, I cant believe how much it cost to do as an ammuter, a mate of mine did it about 8 years back when it started in France, I the it was about 50,000 euros then, he was in the bike category, the bike I think cost him around 12,000 (ktm 660 rallye)

monkeyfudger
    Free Member

Awesome! Eurosport?

almightydutch
    Free Member

Yeah cant wait, although I hope we don’t see the idiotic traps seen at Baja that took the life of Kurt Caselli

Despres may have a tough year though by switching to Yamaha, when did anything but KTM last win? I know they had 600cc+ bikes for ages

Also Sam Sunderland is in good form so prob the best Englishman to watch out for in the bikes.

Pigface
    Free Member

To be fair on the Caselli tragedy this was the last I heard about it.

I want to make something very clear and stop the rumors. Kurt Caselli did not crash because of a man made booby trap, a spectator, or any other nonsense that people are saying about his accident. My teammate Ricky Brabec was the fist person to Kurt which was in a very secluded area with no Spectators. Ivan Ramirez showed up shortly after Ricky. They decided Ricky would go get help while Ivan stayed with Kurt. Even though the news didn’t come out until the night time the accident happened while there was still daylight, and didn’t have anything to do with racing at night. This was merely a racing accident and had nothing to do with booby traps, spectators, or another vehicle so please stop spreading rumors.

almightydutch
    Free Member

I didn’t realise that, thanks for the update.

milkyman
    Free Member

I am glad that Cyril depress or marc coma are now on different teams, I think it was just a tad boring last couple of times they raced together matching each other every step of the way and team orders might of come in to play, this time round if the machinery on both teams is reliable, it should be a good race, don’t know who id put my money on tbh, would be good to see some one else win it for a change so come on sam sunderland

grtdkad

Yay! TV Sporting highlights of the year: Dakar, TdF, Rally GB, Tour of Britain

Awesome television. Great to hear Carlton Kirby on Eurosport

back2basics
    Free Member

DAKAR, oh how ive missed it – is there still a Eurosport contract free option on the web?

EDIT: found it. yumyum

sharkbait
    Free Member

The landscape they’re going through is utterly EPIC!!
    I love the Dakar…. proper nuts. Really felt for the poor Aussy who finished one stage and had just 10 mins before he had to start the next – poor sod 😐

singlecrack
    Free Member

Yay. .Dakar time .. 😀

dknwhy

Just watching the stage 5 highlights. I’d be crying too if my motorbike was in flames!
    I don’t know much about the Dakar – are participants allowed to use replacement vehicles in event of fire etc or are they just out of the race?

sharkbait
    Free Member

They’re out. 🙁

trail_rat
    Free Member

goncalves ? yeah that wasnt a nice sight.

good to see robby gordons managed to keep reasonably wheels down this year – seemed to flip over every dune last year.

dazzlingboy

Yep agree it’s a TV highlight of the year along with TdF.

Pigface
    Free Member

Sunderland won a stage and is now out, what happened anyone know.

Ooops just looked and it was a blown engine.

Minis top 3 at the moment.

dazzlingboy

Won a stage then got lost the following day – lost hours. Now blown engine. Shame as he was looking really good for a bit!

CountZero

My heart went out to the poor bloke who’s bike was on fire, he was just distraught.
    As I probably would be, that’s probably years of planning and saving to take part just turning to ash.
    And likely no insurance to cover the loss of the bike.

mogrim

Read a report of yesterday’s stage – not quite sure what the right word is to describe that kind of hell…

What stuck out was a Gerard Farrés’s report – he’s suffered an accident and out of the race, his bike had also burst into flames. He met Enric Martí, wandering barefoot in only his underpants, and when he started talking to him Enric thought he was talking to his father. Enric then passed out…

Pigface
    Free Member

Ultima Hora on the right of that link 😯 the man is everywhere.

Pigface
    Free Member

Belgian biker died yesterday Eric Palante very experienced rider.

Coma got the bikes in the bag unless. . . . .

God scrap in the cars

Viewing 22 posts - 1 through 22 (of 22 total)

The topic ‘Its Dakar time again’ is closed to new replies.