It's Christmas again… Let's have a thread for kids presents

Home Forum Chat Forum It's Christmas again… Let's have a thread for kids presents

Viewing 34 posts - 1 through 34 (of 34 total)
  • It's Christmas again… Let's have a thread for kids presents
  • ask1974

Always left to the last minute and always a blind panic so looking to get organised… 😳

I have a four year old girl and six year old boy and would appreciate recommendations based on personal experience. Some ideas floating around my head bellow…

Boys

– Remote controlled car that will work on carpet / outside
    – Remote helicopter (his idea not mine) for indoors
    – Lego. Already a hit so any particular models you recommend?
    – Outside toys
    – Games?

Girls (really need help on this one)

– Dressing up
    – Games

etc…

Cheers.

Shiny new bikes.

yossarian

Lego space shuttle was a massive hit for my lads

Also if you let your kids near a computer then the complete lego Star Wars saga is excellent.

You already know about the lego advent calendars i take it?

hammerite

I’d not bother with the RC car, unless you are going for a very, very good one. The RC car seemed to be the default “not sure what to get you” present for a boy from family members! If the number Jnr ended up with was anything to go by.

Fun game idea… Bop It

anonymouse

Swiss army knife

ski

The playmobil pirate ship is amazing 😉

scaletrix?

For your little lady, scooter, Disney Princess, Hello Kitty, playmobil?

Otherwise, the kids must have this year, the Ipad mini? 😯

ask1974

Bop-it… Genius idea!

Premier Icon mtbfix
    Subscriber

Its mtbfixlette’s birthday on Monday. Christmas planning is on the horizon but there is that hurdle to get over first.

irelanst

Otherwise, the kids must have this year, the Ipad mini?

It was top of my girls list to Santa (she’s 6) – I have no idea how she even knows about it. The list went;

ipad mini
    a new pony
    iphone 5
    Rabbit
    Pug puppy
    Snowboard…..

She might be dissapointed come Christmas day!!!!

Rabbit

She might be dissapointed come Christmas day!!!!

I dunno…

andrewni

14 year old wants a dropper seat post, rest of the family can’t understand why it “costs more than a bike”. I’m saying nothing as he only wants it cos he tried mine…

Zoolander

Saw the jabba the hut Lego set in tesco yesterday. £115 !
    Madness – how can Lego cost £115?

This one I think
    http://www.supertoys.co.uk/lego/lego-star-wars/LEGO-9516-Jabba’s-Palace-p-9815.html

My lad wants a vita. I nearly shat myself when I saw the price.

My little girl wants a lego princess house. Amazon are doing it for about £110 quid and its made of plastic.

Whats happening with the price of kids toys these days?????!!!!

irelanst

I dunno…

She likes a nice rabbit stew when we go wild camping, and she wasn’t fazed when pinky and perky (her pigs) went to the butchers and she did think that they would be pleased how nice their bacon tasted, but I do think she was thinking big fluffy rabbit this time 😆

Nice looking bit of pastry BTW

cchris2lou

we are all getting Merlin passes this year .

Premier Icon JoeG
    Subscriber

a new pony

Is there something wrong with her old one? 😉

irelanst

Is there something wrong with her old one?

Yes, it’s no longer with us.

It’s not dead, it’s just back in England, she shares it with a friend back home!

Premier Icon jam bo
    Subscriber

based on how my boys first birthday went, a cardboard box will do just fine…

ask1974

based on how my boys first birthday went, a cardboard box will do just fine…

Not wrong there at all… But six years on it gets somewhat more complicated!

Premier Icon bruneep
    Subscriber

Oldest lad wants gaming pc with dual monitors……

ask1974

I’d not bother with the RC car, unless you are going for a very, very good one

Ok, so the little boy inside of me is still upset that he never had a ‘proper’ RC car. So maybe, just maybe, I might do that thing and spoil the lad rotten just so I can “have a go”!

What about something like this from Tamiya…

Anyone familiar with these? What sort of operational time do you get and is it a good idea to get spare batteries etc…

eruptron

And there’s me thinking it’s the 4th of November 🙄

carbon337

My 2 yr old girl is obsessed with bob the builder, trying to lean her towards peppa pig a bit more

nosemineb

Im looking at the tamiya cars myself for my 7 yr old.. there was a thread once but I can’t find it.
    Stunt scooters are the desired item in our house this year.

Premier Icon gnusmas
    Subscriber

Remote controlled car that will work on carpet / outside

You could get a Maisto crawler rc car? Perfect first rc car that will go over obstacles etc and not too fast to use indoors without worrying about breaking things. That’s what our 4 year old is having, our 9 year old is having a proper rc car from modelsports uk, just have to pick one for him.

Looks like my Tamiya Striker will be coming out to play 🙂

wrightyson

Trampoline!!! Best present ever! Always available and gets used loads by us! Christmas eve 11pm construction in the rain was Interesting!

shooterman

My 11yo daughter wants a pair of dc martens and clothes. As above, I nearly has a heart attack when I saw the price Doc Martnes have shot up to!

Premier Icon mogrim
    Subscriber

Another vote for a trampoline, my kids are dying for one.

Tamiya cars are great, get a kit one and you can build it together.

Disney princess costumes are usually popular with 4 year old girls, Lego Duplo, drawing stuff?

Premier Icon cloudnine
    Subscriber

Anyone bought some kind of kids orientated tablet (for a 4 yo) like this http://www.amazon.co.uk/LeapFrog-LeapPad2-Explorer-Tablet-Green/dp/B0089RPUHO/ref=cm_cr_pr_sims_t

or would a cheap android table covered with princess stickers be better?

csb

TK Maxx has some incredible remote control helicopters in stock. Apparently they’re quite easy to fly?

On the subject of R/C cars; for long run times, noise and smokey fun; i’d suggest a well made, pre-built nitro powered RC car (outdoor use only)
    but for both indoor and outdoor use that’s still silly fast fun and even competive if the bug bites (and it usually does) 1/8th scale li-po powered buggy. Just as long run times as nitro……. Only faster!
    All the big manufacturers sell pre built with radio gear installed at entry level prices.

Search HPI racing, team losi, team associated. Sorry cant do hyperlinks on this phone.

nosemineb

I bought a jd bug scooter from Rutland cycling. Cheapest i could find and there was a 5 quid voucher available to. 119 to 44gbp i believe 8)

therag

My 6 yr old has been asking all year for a toy skate park and a stunt scooter.

edlong

Anyone bought some kind of kids orientated tablet (for a 4 yo) like this http://www.amazon.co.uk/LeapFrog-LeapPad2-Explorer-Tablet-Green/dp/B0089RPUHO/ref=cm_cr_pr_sims_t

Not that one, but our two had a variety of Leapfrog products and without exception they were disappointing.

Viewing 34 posts - 1 through 34 (of 34 total)

The topic ‘It's Christmas again… Let's have a thread for kids presents’ is closed to new replies.