Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • It’s been one year since….
  • timbog160

…..my last fag!!! Yay!

Northwind

Celebrate with some crack

MoreCashThanDash

Excellent! Have you calculated how much you would have spent on fags in that time?

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Can I just check one tiny detail here – Are you American?

slackalice
    Free Member

Well done sir! It’s almost 4 months for me now, my main motivation being I don’t want to smell like a smoker anymore and I reckon I’ve cracked it!

handybar
    Free Member

Very well done!

Klunk
    Free Member

that’s all we need some “high minded” ‘n’ “holier than thou” quitter 😉

tdog
    Free Member

7 months was my longest and overall racked up 2 yrs off or so

I recently encountered a huge load of stress and went back to smoking just this time far too many
    I have cut down to 7 a day or so now but that is still 7 or so too many

What I found to help quit was a real want to give the dreaded killer up and the foul smell on clothing as I swear I do loadsa clothes washing when I do smoke just to keep smelling half decent

Anyway nice1 for your effort on abstaining and celebrate the fact with a bicycle related treat

Hmmmm something in Ti perhaps!?

👍😉👍

derek_starship
    Free Member

Celebrate with a large, warmed Cognac and a Montecristo no.2.

Oh.

timbog160

Cheers all – I was building up to it for a few months but didn’t feel quite ready then one day decided to just go for it.

I used to smoke maybe 10 rollies a day so sadly haven’t saved all that much compared to real cigarettes. Also I spend a LOT more on cake now!

GlennQuagmire
    Free Member

Well done OP 🙂

I quit a few years ago, I didn’t make a note of the exact date as I didn’t want to count the days. But suffice to say it was one the best decisions I have ever made (the stopping smoking bit, not the not remembering the exact date bit lol).

rOcKeTdOg

awesome, no vaping either?

timbog160

Nope no vaping – I kind of figured no point swapping one habit for another. Biking certainly feels a fair bit easier, albeit there are occasions, halfway round a ride, when I think it would be nice to have a fag break. It’s definitely the best thing I’ve done for myself in a number of years.

What I found was that my smoking was very habitual i.e. I would smoke at particular times and places. If I could get past these ‘moments of truth’ then the rest of the day was comparatively easier. I also made a point of going out for a few beers in the first week, to prove to myself I could get past that hurdle.

regenesis
    Free Member

Was going to ask if it was just ladyboys now but not that sort of fag….

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

The topic ‘It’s been one year since….’ is closed to new replies.