It's been a while – Small things that grind your gears

Home Forum Chat Forum It's been a while – Small things that grind your gears

Viewing 45 posts - 46 through 90 (of 157 total)
  • It's been a while – Small things that grind your gears
  • People who say “can i have” instead of “may I have”

orange

taxi drivers who use their hazard warning lights instead of indicators

so Mr. Taxi Driver, are you turning left/turning right/stopping/about to perform a U turn or have you broken down?

Premier Icon Cougar
    Subscriber

eidt: cougar i thought better of you..

I may not have been entirely serious.

Besides, I have a man bag so have no room to complain.

MrNice

the edinburgh defence

Premier Icon Cougar
    Subscriber

I’m not quite that Northern. Or argumentative.

MrNice

no-one is that argumentative

project

Drivers who cant reverse into parking spaces, and drivers who reverse out of driveways onto main roads.

Train pasengers who ask me to move my bag of the seat oposite so they can then bang knees and legs against me and breathe their germs over me,the bag is on the seat to stop that.

Women drivers who use the mirrors on a car to do their hair and makeup.

Poeple who still think the condems are doing a good job of the uk plc

Premier Icon NZCol
    Subscriber

People who I know a quite well off answering all of those “Post a comment for a free bag of air” posts on Farceboak. I’m not sure why but I get irrationally annoyed.

Well paid footballers who pretend to be injured after being even looked at by another player.
    If I was a manager I’d say, ‘right, every time you fall down & hold your leg & cry, I’m fining you 50K’
    Pussies!

People who say pants when they mean trousers.

Men wearing hats inside.

People who say edit when they mean film. Especially older blokes who are trying to sound ‘hip’ and ‘trendy’ etc.

tomkerton

The phrase ‘have a listen’ makes me wince as to listen is a verb so it is therefore impossible to have a listen.

Oh and the use of ‘plane’ when they mean aeroplane or aircraft. Planes make wood smooth.

Premier Icon siwhite
    Subscriber

Luggage with handles and wheels towed by a ‘man’. If you can’t lift and carry your luggage for 20 yards between car and airport trolley, you’ve got too much stuff.

People who say ‘simples’.

brakes

sand in seaver’s vagina

having to add your own salt to swarfega to make it like to used to be made. Average without, great with. Not an issue really, just a bit annoying. Although it could be I have a weird variant.

tomkerton

I agree about the reduced effectiveness of Swarfega.. And it is bloody expensive. Try laundry power to de-gunk your hands!

add some salt, it’s great then. Proper 80’s style. Try to use latex gloves now mostly. Thanks, might try that at some stage.

Premier Icon bigblackshed
    Subscriber

Man bags.

It’s either a brief case, laptop bag or a rucksack. Maybe at a push a messenger bag if it’s a proper one and your on a bike. If it looks like a woman’s handbag, it’s a handbag.

Coffee.

When I order an americano, I want an americano. No I do not want milk, I’d have ordered a flat white if I wanted milk. And it comes in three British sizes, small, medium and large. Not short, tall, grande, venti. I’ve no idea what your menu means because I didn’t go on the “barista” training course like you did for half a day.

I could go on, but my blood pressure is on the rise…….

Premier Icon GHill
    Subscriber

People who say “off of”.

Yoots who half wear a wooly hat and / or sunglasses inside. Its not cold inside , we dont live in the 1900’s , we have a wonderful thing called central heating , Why is the hat mostly off your head anyway?
    If you move at anything more than a glacial pace your silly half on / half off hat will fall off anyway.
    You are not in 1D
    You resemble benny from Crossroads.

skiboy

People who have their **** nav stuck right in the middle of their windscreen !

ITS NOT A BLOODY HUD !!!!

Following someone the other day and she had to slow down every time she had to dip her lights because she couldn’t see out the windscreen because of the glare ! I could read it behind her !!!

And also,

Red light jumpers !! Even started doing it myself a few months back, after witnessing so many near misses and noticing how many people were also doing it I decided to stop immediately and learn to be patient again.

Kylie Minogue.

Hipsters
    Poncey Tea Bags
    Citrus Lagers
    French Cider
    Men that wear Scarfs without Coats
    Rickets
    The word Planted.
    Twatty large faced Watches
    GoPros on every bike ride.
    Large Rucksacks on every bike ride.
    Hummus

mightymule

Oh so many many many things – although most can be grouped under the heading “showing an utter lack of respect for others”.

Currently top of the list is having a disembowelled rat dropped onto my head whilst asleep.

Premier Icon Cougar
    Subscriber

Man bags.

That Mr Anderson is the sound of inevitability.

Men that wear Scarfs without Coats

Oh Jesus yes. That one as well.

Weasel

Sort of covered already with the bag situation, but in the past few years there seems to be a need for loads of people to take a a wheelie case to work, and a small case at that.
    Carry the wretched thing, it’s only got a notebook, packet of monster munch and a kit kat inside.

There will be more to add..

People who put photo’s of their dinner, etc, on Facebook. Divvies.

mightymule

People persistently saying “infer”, when they should be saying “imply”

AAAARGHHH!

ricky1

People that go into a cafe/coffee shop and say “can I GET” instead of proper British language like “please could I have” .
    Man bags let the man race down,wait that’s 2 things……I could go all day,don’t get me started.

ricky1

David Cameron
    eBay scammers
    Bike thieves
    Thieves
    Smack heads
    Ex smack heads that think they have achieved something by quitting smack
    Irresponsible dog owners
    50 mph in the fast lane

Premier Icon Cougar
    Subscriber

Man bags let the man race down

Ok, I’ll bite.

I’m a geek, my trousers are at capacity. What alternative options do you suggest?

toxicsoks

New to me but this evening, in the supermarket, I saw a chap in shorts, flip-flops, wearing a,heavy, sweatshirt under a down gillet and a scarf. Mrs Sox had to drag me away……… 👿

Jamie

my trousers are at capacity.

ditto cougar.

ricky1

Cougar,for this I would suggest loosing the mobile phone,just carry hard cash with no wallet and just generally be a cave man.

Subscriber

Cougar

bigblackshed – Member
    Man bags.

It’s either a brief case, laptop bag or a rucksack. Maybe at a push a messenger bag if it’s a proper one and your on a bike. If it looks like a woman’s handbag, it’s a handbag.

Even a Tesco carrier bag is better than your wife’s handbag.

Subscriber

And another thing.

**** who quote themselves. 😮

mogrim

Right now: iTunes. Why does Apple have to make everything so bloody difficult?

Android – plug in the tablet, drag and drop the avi onto it, done.

Apple – plug in the tablet, wait for iTunes to fire up, work out which tab to use, discover avi not supported, download decoder, try again, add video to playlist and finally…

antigee

buying tickets getting charged a service fee and then a credit card fee and then getting the option of having tickets posted for a massive fee or having to pay a slightly less massive fee which seems to represent the cost of renting half the internet and paying the bar bill for a code writers convention in Honolulu so I can print them at home

thered

The noise of a spoon scraping against an empty yoghurt pot.

Mister P

Alot. This annoys me way more than it should. I see this has been extended to abit these days. It shouldn’t bother me but it makes me think the writer is a total tool.

Premier Icon coolhandluke
    Subscriber

Audi drivers

Mister P

Grown men riding their bike (usually a piece of crap BSO) on the pavement.

large418

Local pub with a bunch of signs saying they are open “allday”. They are two separate words you illiterate numpties!

Viewing 45 posts - 46 through 90 (of 157 total)

The topic ‘It's been a while – Small things that grind your gears’ is closed to new replies.