• This topic has 42 replies, 33 voices, and was last updated 14 years ago by Pook.
Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 43 total)
  • Its awful, there are hardly any female mountain bikers
  • pjbarton
    Free Member

😉

TheDoog
    Free Member

It’s the spelling that’s awful!!!

tankslapper
    Free Member

🙄

alpin
    Free Member

or AWFUL…? you decide….

MrsToast
    Free Member

Or he might be full of awe

RudeBoy
    Free Member

Offal?

Pook

i saw some female MTBers at Grizedale t’other week. Both wearing pink and navigating some north shore.

RudeBoy
    Free Member

Jiblob!

gavtheoldskater
    Free Member

i started riding in 87 or so, but by 90/91 had slacked right of. then met a girl in the pub who was fully into mountainbiking, she dragged me out and got me all stoked on it again (hav’nt stopped since). had some of the most fun biking i’ve ever had with her up on woodbury common, and though we’ve long lost touch i still look back with much fondness to those easy days.

personally i’d much rather ride with girls than blokes any day, never seem to get the silly oneupmanship as with an all bloke group.

sootyandjim
    Free Member

There were a couple of lovely lady MTBers at Sherwood Pines last Saturday who were being given some skills tuition.

richc
    Free Member

Well if you ride around Ashton Court in Bristol after work or on a sunny weekend, I reckon around 60% of the riders are women.

Away from trail centers etc, the ratio is a lot lower but then again I reckon I only see 4 or 5 riders a day when I am riding with a map rather than being spoon fed routes.

fozzybear
    Free Member

Jokes aside.
    personally I’m not surprised. i know/speak for two ladies that visit here (mostly to sell their stuff, one being my girlfriend) they would never post here due to trolling/attitudes/internet ego’s of some ppl.
    don’t see that changing at any point.

littlegirlbunny
    Free Member

and even less that do DH

Ginormica
    Free Member

Tbh im not surprise. Im female and I ride with guys and the amount of inappripriate jokes and behaviour is rediculous if they’ve had too much suger 😛 but yeah i only know about 3? other women who ride and they ride XC n i ride DH….im not too fussed though still have a good laugh with males or females…

finbar
    Free Member

An ex-housemate of mine is well into mtbing and she is HOTT.

pjbarton
    Free Member

oh dear… i should have suffixed with (sic) or at least quotes.

“ts aweful, there are hardly any female mountain bikers” is a quote from the other thread. someone said ‘I’ve never seen some post… ‘it’s aweful, there are hardly any female mountain bikers’…

… so, as a joke…

oh, never mind

Munqe-chick
    Free Member

I’m well into biking and weirdly my boss just asked if I had to choice between MTB and boyfriend what would I do!! Oh dear what a dilemma …. 😉 especially as I met Mr MC at a 23 hour MTB race.
    I love DH and certainly find myself in the minority in Morzine, what makes me laugh is men and their ego about getting overtaking by a woman! Brilliant!!

stilltortoise
    Free Member

never seem to get the silly oneupmanship as with an all bloke group.

and that’s a good thing. Nah! 8)

flatfish
    Free Member

Met my wife riding in Ashton court.

anotherdeadhero
    Free Member

Well if you ride around Ashton Court in Bristol after work or on a sunny weekend, I reckon around 60% of the riders are women.

REALLY ???

I’ll grant you there are more women riders out in AC than I’ve seen just about anywhere else, but I’d still have said they represented only about 10-15% of the riders I encounter.

Or maybe they’re all just avoiding me and my garish lycra.

richc
    Free Member

Yep, if its Sunny seems to be about that ratio. My missus (who normally works away in the week) thought I was winding her up about it. However she went out the other week, and agreed with me the women outnumbered the men on the trail.

I have to say though that if its raining, it ratio seems drop off a little. 😉

either that or I am being stalked by gangs of fit women who are into mountain biking, but don’t like to ride anywhere else but Ashton court. Which regardless of how much I would like to be true, I doubt is.

sharki
    Free Member

Tis getting more and more poplular for the ladies…

Guess it’s a way for them to go out and find out way their husbands/partners are coming home tired and sweaty after several hrs away from home…

nickc

My missus rides more often than I do.

Bunnyhop

fozzybear-totally agree with everything you’ve written.

I’ve been riding (well pootling) around the Peaks on an mtb. for over 10 years, there are more Ladies around now than then.

I’m awful too.

Scienceofficer
    Free Member

Will I be hounded as sexist if I said I couldn’t give a crap? 😐

longweight
    Free Member

Probably but I agree!

Bunnyhop

Where’s Ashton?

dirtbiker100
    Free Member

My gf rides more than I do and i’m no great slacker!

cinnamon_girl

Who on earth would want girls on the trails? They might need a puncture fixed 😉

buzz-lightyear
    Free Member

Ashton Court Bristol, and yes there is a strangely high proportion of girls riding there.

RudeBoy
    Free Member

I’d fix your puncture anytime, CG… 😉

sharki
    Free Member

In reality, Bristol is the Transsexual capital of the UK, so all maybe not as it seems….

seriously, i’ve ridden up there lots and they all pee standing up!!!

And yes i’ve taken a peek..

Weeners lol

slimtubing
    Free Member

back in the uk days my riding was based out of windermere and on numerous occasions i glimpsed an uber hot brunette on a cindercone always on her own, she was always finishing her ride into sawrey as we were pounding up the climb from the ferry, “konababe” still haunts my dreams…..

Expat
    Free Member

woman are designed for cooking, cleaning and looking after kids NOT riding bikes….

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

in reality, Bristol is the Transsexual capital of the UK, so all maybe not as it seems….

Is it really? That’s cheered me up no end.

buzz-lightyear
    Free Member

“they all pee standing up”

But all Bristol girls do that don’t they?

Reluctant
    Free Member

I’m sure this is OT, but, yep, Bris has got a lot of transexuals. When I worked on Glossy rd, we had several regulars as customers. Always difficult to know how to address them of choose a product for them when you couldn’t really define their gender. We had one “woman” who was 6 foot plus, dressed in over-feminised pink dresses and had very hairy hands. And the legendry Sapphire was a regular punter too – always good to see him camping it up on the streets, added a splash of colour! He once offered me a tenner for my saturday boy! I miss Gloucester rd!

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

I miss Gloucester rd!

It’s still a great street. The chains haven’t really ever got a foothold there. Still full of great pubs and independent traders.

chakaping
    Free Member

There were almost as many women MTBers as men in my close friends, but since they’ve had kids they’ve let it slip a bit unfortunately.

haddock
    Free Member

I think its great seeing more women getting into biking, perhaps you ladies should encourage your non biking girlfriends to give it a try. My partner and I took her Niece out around pines – first time on a mountain bike, rode the lot and loved it!

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 43 total)

The topic ‘Its awful, there are hardly any female mountain bikers’ is closed to new replies.