Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • It's an Olympic year!
  • molgrips
    Free Member

Let’s have a positive Olympics thread. Please NO WHINGEING on this thread.

What events/showdowns are you looking forward to? Which ones should I be looking forward to?

Very excited about the road cycling, but I haven’t been following much else.

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Looking forward to the men’s MTB. I’m going! 8)

As ever, the velodrome events will be a real highlight, I reckon.

Oddly, I rather like the idea of watching archery from Lords, especially as Aggers has been roped in to commentate! 🙂

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

(So much I posted it twice… 😳 )

Harry_the_Spider

I’m looking forward to watching the cycling on TV and a few of the more obscure sports that wouldn’t normally get air time. I’m also looking forward to the organisers putting on a good show and painting the country in a positive light.

Finally, I am looking forward to it being over so the matrix signs on the M60 in Oldham will stop showing messages about congestion for an event that is 200 miles and 70 odd days away. 😉

molgrips
    Free Member

I think the MTBing would be the only one I’d have gone to, I reckon. However I am really looking forward to that too. Partly because of the course, it’s going to be mental 🙂

And of course I want to see Bolt do his thing.

LoCo
    Free Member

Looking forward to Dave Buchanan carrying the torch in Pontypridd next weekend,

http://www.london2012.com/torch-relay/torchbearers/community=pontypridd/

looking forward to the XC and other cycling stuff too.

Mounty_73

Despite all the moaning, I am really looking forward to it…..especially the track cycling events and only yesterday I even managed to get tickets for the ladies mtb !!!!

The torch is going right past my kitchen window…..so beer and cakes next week for that !!

Bring it all on I say !!!

theotherjonv

Got tickets this am for the Guildford torch relay party (it stops overnight in Guildford so we’re having a family party event in Stoke Park to celebrate!)

Headliners for the music bit; Rizzle Kicks. Can’t wait!!

And the road race goes past my Uncle’s front door.

And several teams are going to be based at the Surrey Sports park as well, so maybe might bump into someone famous as a result. Prime hope would be the worlds’s greatest Antigan, who is their Olympic ambassador.

xcgb
    Free Member

jonv me too, and the road race goes past my door (nearly) looking forward although the road is gonna be closed at 4am!

jota180
    Free Member

We’re thinking of having a party to coincide with the closing ceremony as a thanks

bruk

Looking forward to most of it. Have tickets for 1 athletics session and really happy to see the stadium and the Olympic park.

My wife is working the equine events and says the set up is amazing by what was on show at the test event.

Failed to get tickets for the Judo and sad I didnt throw more money at getting some.
    I was sad enough to get up really early and watch it online in bejing.

Only bits that don’t really interest me are the football and tennis, mainly because they are not Olympic sports to mind.

Bring on the Handball, archery and weightlifting though.

I have booked 2 weeks off, partly for child care reasons but mostly so I can install a huge telly and watch lots of it when the wife is away.

It is unlikely to be back here in my lifetime so want to enjoy it.

molgrips
    Free Member

What’s the scheduling like btw? Is stuff all day or what?

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘It's an Olympic year!’ is closed to new replies.