Viewing 28 posts - 1 through 28 (of 28 total)
  • It’s all kicking off on t’ Westmoreland Gazette…
  • Capt.Kronos
    Free Member

https://www.thewestmorlandgazette.co.uk/news/16881360.mountain-bikers-voice-dismay-over-smoother-route/

Lots of anti-mountain bike nonsense going on!   Just thought some folks may enjoy getting involved with some considered arguments!

Apparently we are scaring Grizzly Bears off the trails fer instance 😉  This would explain why I haven’t seen one in the Lake District to date, obviously!

daern
    Free Member

Apparently we are scaring Grizzly Bears off the trails fer instance

Don’t forget that mjvande is a serial cock-end and turns up on every anti-MTB thread to rant about the fact that they are destroying the environment. His evidence is shaky and his motives suspect, but he’s been doing it for years and should be treated as the troll his is.

Best thing to do is to wade in and take the p1ss out of him, like everyone else does when he turns up 😉

dissonance

Apparently we are scaring Grizzly Bears off the trails fer instance

If that is the case shouldn’t the redsocks brigade would be a tad more grateful. Will be demanding cakes from  them next time I am in the area as payment for protecting them.

Capt.Kronos
    Free Member

Absolutely… but I am trying to lose weight at the moment, so cakes are probably not a great thing 😀

Bears on the other hand would be a huge benefit!!!!

martinhutch

Always a good moment when Van the Man turns up on your comments section. Nice to see that he’s into the naked rambling now, with no inanimate objects allowed on the trail.

jimw
    Free Member

Yes, he turned up on the Malvern Gazette site a couple of months ago when there was a positive story about new MTB trails. Eventually had most of his comments deleted when he started personal abuse.

JackHammer

They’re just getting the country ready for Post-Brexit Britain, where we’ll be herding small packing donkeys as we wont be able to afford petrol.

MSP

Absolutely… but I am trying to lose weight at the moment, so cakes are probably not a great thing Bears on the other hand would be a huge benefit!!!!

Especially when they keep stealing your picanic baskets.

jekkyl

Loving the comments debate…then some troll called munro wades in saying we should all ride fps! haha

nickc

It’s almost nostalgic to see Van the Man still fighting the good fight. Wasn’t he banned from commenting on t’internet as part of his conviction at trial though?

Speshpaul

Jezzzzzus Foooking Christ.

njee20
    Free Member

I’d forgotten what a massive **** Mike Vandeman was! His website is awesome.

postierich
    Free Member

I love my local rag 🙂

kelron
    Free Member

<span class=”comment-text”>”Pedal cyclists have a right to use bridleways”: I see that you LIED! Cyclists have a right to use bridleways, but it says NOTHING about bringing a bicycle with them. There is NO right to bring a bicycle on a trail.</span>

I love this.

dissonance

so cakes are probably not a great thing

Lying down in muddy puddles or begging us to ride on footpaths then!

I think anyone who has ever rode in the lake district clearly deserves a medal.

jimw
    Free Member

Yes, that is his fall back position whenever someone provides a logical argument to refute his position… Mountain bikers are LIARS, always in capitals

nickc

It is a genius response. You can be a cyclist, but you can’t bring your bike. Its a cunning plan fo’shure

fatoldgit

oh god … he’s back…..

please DO NOT FEED this troll………

the man ruined plenty of outdoor recreation web sites with his comments and is practically impossible to get rid of once in….

rumour has it he had created a bot just to search for every new reference to him so please be careful folks

plus he seems to have no comprehension of anything outdoors In the UK is highly unlikely to be natural anymore

jekkyl

Bring him in, we’ll have a good laugh ripping him to bits.

That argument is so nonsense..without a bike you aren’t a cyclist. durrr

dissonance

without a bike you aren’t a cyclist. durrr

Maybe you will be allowed to carry it. Not quite sure why but in theory its an option.

Dont we have enough trolls as it is?

onewheelgood

Bring him in, we’ll have a good laugh ripping him to bits.

People have been ripping him to bits since 1994 and it hasn’t slowed him down one bit. We are really better off without him.

qwerty
    Free Member

So, he’s pro hike a bike?

cynic-al
    Free Member

Wow that guy vande is off his meds!

dannyh
    Free Member

What a dildo.

DezB
    Free Member

Bunch a northern mentalists

kcr
    Free Member

Wow, that’s a real blast from the past, had no idea he was still active. I think I remember him ranting about MTBs on the old internet use groups about 20 years ago.

The scary thing is that he isn’t just a keyboard warrior:

Anti Mountain Biking Fanatic Mike Vandeman Arrested for Assault with a Deadly Weapon Against Two Bikers

rene59
    Free Member

Please tell me there is a tj vs vandeman argument thread somewhere. If not can we make it happen?

DickBarton

Fantastic…they trespassed to get access to hills and then complain about other users using appropriate routes…and then they pounce on reasoned sentiment.

I’m assuming many of these people voted remain so they could send other trail users back from ‘their’ routes?

Viewing 28 posts - 1 through 28 (of 28 total)

The topic ‘It’s all kicking off on t’ Westmoreland Gazette…’ is closed to new replies.