Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • It’s a wrap (does not contain film production content)
  • montylikesbeer

Having taken delivery of my new gravel bike I decided to get it wrapped as I have a nasty habit of slowly destroying kit.

I took it to Shack Wrap in Bury.

The result looks great and the bike cleans well.

Has anyone else had similar done.

csb

That looks great, lovely colour. I got some chameleon wrap stuff to try ages ago but forgot. You’ve reminded me.

jkomo

How much did that cost?

montylikesbeer

Hi jkomo, it was £180.00 and was done in 48 hours.

The whole bike is covered and to be honest I can’t tell it’s on.

Other than they messed up my rear shifting somehow when they put the wheel back on I’m very pleased with it.

I was out on Saturday on the road and off (it’s a Sonder Camino) and it was filthy, with a hosepipe all the muck fell of.

With my old 5 looking a bit tired I wish I had that done years ago.

nixie

It’s clear rather than a colour change right? Think I can see the edge on the top of the fork (just)!

montylikesbeer

Yes it’s completely clear, the choice was gloss or matt

Due to the colour I went gloss

Apparently is will stay in good condition for five years

They also did the cranks as well by the way

v7fmp

i have never wrapped any of my bikes, but am thinking more and more about it, especially as i have a new frame inbound.

Does the dirt collect around the edges of the wraps, and create a ‘halo’ of filth? Or does it easily wash off from that as it does on the main surfaces?

nixie

Looks good. Can’t see where the ends are on the frame which I’m assuming means right up against the welds 👍.

It’s something I’ve been considering doing DIY. Have done a car roof before. Should be possible to get a really good finishing using knife less tape. Still got some carbon wrap left over which I’m going to try on my Camino’s forks.

b230ftw
    Free Member

Not sure I would pay that much for a bike frame when a respray is pretty cheap but I have to admit that is a fantastic job!!! Probably well worth it for a valuable frame or fancy paint job – Retrobike guys may be interested in this as there are a lot of paint jobs that can’t be replicated nowadays.

Cost is probably right for the time it took to get a job done that well too.

ads678

Oh Christ I read the price as £18 at first. £180 for a £300 frame though!! Nice job but not for me. Spray.bike can is a tenner!!

Jordan

v7fmp

Does the dirt collect around the edges of the wraps, and create a ‘halo’ of filth? Or does it easily wash off from that as it does on the main surfaces?

I invisiframed mine myself and on the odd edge where I haven’t got it down perfect I get a bit of dirt sticking. I wouldn’t expect that with a pro job.

montylikesbeer

Re the edges only time will tell.

I try to keep bikes clean and being road/gravel it should be easier.

I wish I’d done the 5 years ago.

I’ll update in a couple of months

zilog6128

Never something I’ve bothered to do despite being involved in that industry and having a few rolls of wrap material sat here 😃 Just too lazy and don’t really care what my bikes end up looking like! Although I did quickly gaffer tape some new carbon cranks in a car park once before the first ride to protect them thinking I’d wrap them properly later… still covered in gaffer 3 years later 🤣

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

The topic ‘It’s a wrap (does not contain film production content)’ is closed to new replies.