Viewing 33 posts - 1 through 33 (of 33 total)
  • It’s a story about a tiger. Who came for tea.
  • CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

RIP Judith Kerr.

(Anyone else thinking it’s really about the fact that Mummy was on an all day gin bender and needed a clever excuse as to why she hadn’t done the shopping, there was no food and everything was a mess?)

globalti
    Free Member

Oh no! GtiJunior used to love her books. I think we read every Mog book.

perchypanther
    Free Member

That’s the “Panther who came for Pudding” sequel bollocksed then?

Is Disappoint.

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    grtdkad

Sad. She has a fascinating background -see When Hitler Stole Pink Rabbit 🐰

RIP

Jakester
    Free Member

We loved the Mog books – Mog and the Baby showing negligent parenting at its best. Always thought the Tiger was a suspect excuse though!

eddiebaby
    Free Member

Took my little niece and nephew to see the play. They were entranced and their dog felt rather judged and found lacking when we got home.
    Sad news when someone who makes people happy dies.

tomparkin

Mrs P suggests the Tiger is a veiled criticism of Marxism. Whatever, it’s a jolly weird tale, especially at the end where he wanders off playing a pipe never to return. Gin bender may be a more reasonable explanation.

We also love Mog books. My Mum got us Goodbye Mog for Easter last year, and I found it genuinely moving: I could barely get the last sentence out when reading it to the kids!

RIP Judith.

scuttler

Whatever, it’s a jolly weird tale, especially at the end where he wanders off playing a pipe never to return.

No way – she was ahead of Marvel/Star Wars/Police Academy in hedging her bets for a sequel.

krixmeister

One of my favourite stories to read the kids. Totally agree with Captain it seemed like a bit of an excuse – one of my fave bits was “…and he drank all Daddy”s beer…”. I also thought it a bit suspect that the milkman would apparently come into the house (“it can’t be the milkman as he’s already been today”)…

Very sad – her stories brought a lot of joy to our family.

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

I also thought it a bit suspect that the milkman would apparently come into the house

nwmlarge
    Free Member

<iframe src=”https://www.facebook.com/plugins/post.php?href=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.facebook.com%2Fmanbehavingdadly%2Fposts%2F2425507050795336&width=500&#8243; width=”500″ height=”639″ style=”border:none;overflow:hidden” scrolling=”no” frameborder=”0″ allowTransparency=”true” allow=”encrypted-media”></iframe>

avdave2

RIP. The Tiger who Came to Tea was always my favourite to read to my kids, I loved the fact that nothing in it made any sense and that no one questioned it. A surrealist masterpiece

footflaps

Mrs P suggests the Tiger is a veiled criticism of Marxism.

A very different explanation….

fasthaggis

Mog is sad

Drac

That’s the “Panther who came for Pudding” sequel bollocksed then?

Is Disappoint.

Well you didn’t tidy up.

senorj

On the Netflix production Maybe the Mammy has been having “relations” with the staggering man going in the opposite direction on the way home.
    It’s ’s all a cunning ruse to get dad out of the house!

fasthaggis

Anyone else thinking it’s really about the fact that Mummy was on an all day gin bender and needed a clever excuse as to why she hadn’t done the shopping, there was no food and everything was a mess?

No,not really

After being refused entry to America, they journeyed to London in 1936, where they lived throughout the Blitz.

“We got bombed out, it was a hard time, but it wasn’t easy for anybody. I was hugely struck by the generosity and kindness and tolerance of people during the war.

“My parents still spoke with a German accent. But there we were in the Blitz, people being killed every night, and nobody ever said anything nasty to them. I couldn’t wait after the war to become British and belong here.”

GrahamS

Goodbye Mog

Goodbye Mog

mogrim

Fond memories of reading the story to both my kids, loved how the tiger drank all the water out of the tap and all Daddy’s beer 🙂

So sad news, but at 95 that’s a pretty good innings.

nerd
    Free Member

Sad news, I’ve read the Mog books and The Tiger to both of my kids. They don’t like it when the Tiger drinks Daddy’s beer – that’s very naughty.

A timely reminder that refugees enrich the cultural life of a country.

cookeaa

Yep was definitely a favourite with our kids…

Did anyone else take the time to do a special voice for the tiger?…

Just me then, Never mind.

jamj1974

Very sad indeed.  Pink Rabbit was a great read of my own childhood and the Mog books were a great favourite with my own children,  As said already, a fascinating person and interviews with here are well worth seeking out.

edhornby

Did anyone else take the time to do a special voice for the tiger?…

Yes we all did. My mum read the tiger to me and I read it to my kids, same with Mog. Really sad day.

Owp!

LimboJimbo

There’s always a bit of a debate over bedtime stories in our house these days. I know what my two will be having tonight though.

RIP.

nealglover
    Free Member

especially at the end where he wanders off playing a pipe never to return.

Oi! No spoilers!!!

Drac

mefty
    Free Member

Her session at our recent Children’s Book Festival was cancelled, but up until then she always kept herself busy. Pretty impressive really.

avdave2

A timely reminder that refugees enrich the cultural life of a country.

What coming over here and eating all the food and drinking all the beer and even all the water out of the taps! They’ll be no more tigers taking the food from the mouths of our people once Farage is in charge. They’ll be no more joy, creativity and tolerance either but you can’t have everything.

I wonder if she was every able to appreciate just how much happiness she did bring to so many people in her life, I do hope so. To think a country could reach a point where it wanted rid of such people, a timely reminder that we shouldn’t tolerate what creates refugees

sweaman2
    Free Member

sweajnr loves the mog books and even has a mog stuffy.  We don’t have the goodbye Mog one though – probably for the best.

edhornby

Yeah, I saw a copy in a bookshop and flicked through, I couldn’t bear to buy it or read it again, especially as we have an elderly cat

bazhall
    Free Member

LittleMissHall loves the tiger who came to tea, we’re taking her to the Theatre Royal on Sat to see the play. Shes not got any of the Mogg books but I might get her some.

Rip Judith

garage-dweller

Love that book right up to the bit where the “Tiger” drank all daddy’s beer.

The gin stupour version of events seems much more likely to me.

Viewing 33 posts - 1 through 33 (of 33 total)

The topic ‘It’s a story about a tiger. Who came for tea.’ is closed to new replies.