Viewing 25 posts - 41 through 65 (of 65 total)
  • It’s a sin
  • Shackleton

Was excellent if heart rending, particularly if you have memories of that era. Some events of my childhood that I’ve never really thought about since I was 13 years old now make more sense (surrounding the “unexplained” yet painful and prolonged deaths of 2 young men in the village, and subsequent rather strange behaviour of some adults towards their families). Definite teary eyes here.

Seems all the more poingiant given what is going on at the moment.

IHN

Watched it over the last few nights, that was one of the most brilliant, most **** awful things I’ve seen on telly for a very long time.

An absolute tour de force from everyone involved.

lunge

Not Colin. 😥😥😥😥

lister

We’re resisting the urge to watch it all on demand.
    Episode 3; blimey. Brilliant but awful.

This story should win everything.

lunge

We’re resisting the urge to watch it all on demand.

We’re doing exactly the same.
    It’s an astonishingly good show, one of the best things I’ve seen in TV for a ooh time.

trifoster
    Free Member

I thought it was very good. Before it got a lot darker I found the filming style very reminiscent of ‘Queer as Folk’

Growing up around that time I had forgotten the fear surrounding Aids. The tombstone adverts and leaflets. Times have changed so much since then.

I did have a laugh at what I assumed was a dig at London property prices.

IHN
    GolfChick
    Free Member

Binged it all on Thursday night, thought it was really excellent. Told my dad about it but also told him he probably wouldn’t like the graphic nature of it. Cried, a lot!!

john_l
    Free Member

This story should win everything.

It’s exceptional and I really hope that RTD and the whole cast get the recognition they deserve.

lunge

Just watched the final episode and by gosh it got dusty here.
    Absolutely incredible TV, heart breaking, funny, uplifting and thought provoking all at the same time.

lister

Just amazing.
    Glad we waited and watched it over the weeks.
    What a horrendous story but told with such a brilliant mix of humour, emotion and hard truths.
    I’m struggling to think of something that has been so compelling to watch, ever.

theotherjonv

Another one to add to the list of tributes. Wonderful TV. I was just a bit too young for it to really affect me, and frankly a bit naive but I do remember the leaflets, the adverts, the talk in my first year at University, but still brings back some memories and fears.

Brilliant part played by Keeley Hawes – I felt hate and yet sympathy, sympathy because I don’t think my Mum would have believed it or acted very differently if I’d been Richie. I’m dead proud of her now though, 30 years on she’s ‘matured’ and has been so supportive and accepting of my TG son.

That and This is England should be compulsory watching.

kelvin

10/10

moonsaballoon

Brilliant part played by Keeley Hawes

That scene in the hospital was brilliantly done .

kelvin

Yeah, I was wondering why they had cast her, seemed like such an simple role ‘till that last episode. They really needed her acting chops for that one… had me properly on edge.

chestercopperpot
    Free Member

This would have made a great closing track.

To think when I was kid we used to take the piss out of things like this, what ignorant **** we were!

Spin
    Free Member

Given some the hysteria surrounding AIDS in the 80s/90s I’m surprised anyone from that generation ever had sex.

kerley
    Free Member

This would have made a great closing track.

It was used as closing tack to episode 1 or 2 which made sense for that episode. One of my favourite records since it was released and still listen to it regularly today.

Mugboo

We watched the lot over the last two nights which is unusual for us. I still feel like crying this morning.

I’m 50, straight and grew up in Bradford, AID’s was something that happened to other people somewhere else. I can’t believe the way those boys were treat, I genuinely had no idea. There was no hate in our house, I don’t understand it.
    My wife went off to London at 18 so she has very different memories and had lots of gay friends.

Amazing and informative TV. It also shows the incredible scientific advancements we have made when you consider the last 12 months.

theotherjonv

To think when I was kid we used to take the piss out of things like this, what ignorant **** we were!

+1. Today me is quite ashamed of 16 year old me.

franksinatra

Holy thread resurrection!

I just listened to Russell T Davies on Desert Island Discs. If you have not already listened to it, you should. What a lovely, sincere and telented man.

Dickyboy

Finally picked up the courage to watch the last two episodes & was very glad it tempered the spiral into dispair.

project
    Free Member

So well acted and written by a chap whos own husband died of the Aids, also great music, i wonder where else Russel T Davis will transport us back to in future, a very talented man and the team he works with.
    He also wrote “Cucumber” Channel 4 and the Jeremey Thorp murder play and both well worth a watch.

franksinatra

written by a chap whos own husband died of the Aids

Not sure if that is correct, in Desert Island Discs he said it was brain tumour.

project
    Free Member

written by a chap whos own husband died of the Aids

Not sure if that is correct, in Desert Island Discs he said it was brain tumour.

Deepest apologies i got that bit wrong sadly, got him mixed up with someone else,RIP.

Viewing 25 posts - 41 through 65 (of 65 total)

The topic ‘It’s a sin’ is closed to new replies.