Viewing 26 posts - 1 through 26 (of 26 total)
  • it's 4pm and…
  • ahwiles
    Free Member

…this ‘time’ last week i’d be on my way home by now, in daylight.

Today, and every evening for the next 5 months, i’ll be riding home in the dark.

Apparently this makes it safer.

FFS.

IanMunro
    Free Member

I hate these first few weeks the most, not that I like the rest much, as everyone seems to have forgotten how to drive in the dark.

camo16
    Free Member

I feel your pain…

In these months I rely on two teeny flashing lights and the goodwill of p•ssed off motorists. 😯

Android
    Free Member

The argument is that it’s safer for kids getting too and from school during daylight hours.

I guess its going to be dark both ways soon enough.

binners

Boo bloody hiss!!! 🙁

IanMunro
    Free Member

On a positive note, tommorrow you’ll be able to say –

“The days start getting longer next month”

And the month after that the sun will be setting later than it is today.

IanMunro
    Free Member

The argument is that it’s safer for kids getting too and from school during daylight hours.

All the 4x4s and people carriers round here have headlamps.

mrlebowski
    Free Member

…this ‘time’ last week i’d be on my way home by now, in daylight.

Today, and every evening for the next 5 months, i’ll be riding home in the dark.

Apparently this makes it safer.

FFS.

+ infinity. Load of toss. An archaic practice which belongs in the bloody stone-age..
    More light!

GlitterGary
    Free Member

What a miserable day it is here in Manchester. It doesn’t seem like it’s even got light today. Even worse than usual.

Android
    Free Member

Yup, but they can’t find the car in the dark 🙂

ebygomm
    Free Member

At 7.15 am last week I was going to work in the dark, this week it’s light again

BoardinBob

I hate these first few weeks the most,

January & February are really when it starts to grind me down.

mrlebowski
    Free Member

At 7.15 am last week I was going to work in the dark, this week it’s light again

& I suspect tonight you will be going home in the dark perhaps?

Drac

I’ve been going to work and home in the dark for at least a month, what am I supposed to be angry about?

soobalias
    Free Member

ive been home for 15mins already

see i decided to start work an hour earlier this week due to the clocks changing at the weekend.

it wont save me from commuting in the dark, but thats cos im at work for 9hrs a day, but it will put it off for a couple of weeks

soobalias
    Free Member

course an hours less sleep made me grumpy and then i got involved in the placebo thread

so not a very productive day

if it was summer again i would work more, honest.

ahwiles
    Free Member

I’ve been going to work and home in the dark for at least a month, what am I supposed to be angry about?

working long hours?

mrlebowski
    Free Member

29ers? Fixies? SS? Jeyboy xc mincers? Full-on stormtroopers? Footpaths & Bridleways? The price of a pint? The Muddle East?

Its a long list, take yer pick… 😉

Hohum
    Free Member

As much as I love my light evenings (in the summer) I am willing to swap some late afternoon/dinner time light for some light in the morning as dark mornings are really, really depressing.

Drac

working long hours?

No longer hours means less days at work.

molgrips
    Free Member

The research suggests (afaik) that you either have most people going to work in the dark or most people going to work in the daylight, and that more accidents happen on the way IN to work. so it makes sense to have the extra light in the morning. Helps people wake up.

There’s probably contrary research too tho.

MoreCashThanDash

Oh FFS, just grow some! Sometimes it’s dark and sometimes it’s not. Get some lights and ride your bike.

Only a couple of months till the days start getting longer – I love commuting and seeing the changes as the sun rises and sets earlier or later

IanMunro
    Free Member

Darkness = tetchiness = 100% fact 😀

mrlebowski
    Free Member

There’s probably contrary research too tho.

There is..

mrlebowski
    Free Member

Oh FFS, just grow some! Sometimes it’s dark and sometimes it’s not. Get some lights and ride your bike.

Remind me not to give a toss the next time something is bothering you.. 🙄

molgrips
    Free Member

I find it really quite hard to get up early in the mornings just before the clocks go back. I used to dread the clocks going back but now I have decent bike lights and I also often need to get up early, I can really see the positives.

Viewing 26 posts - 1 through 26 (of 26 total)

The topic ‘it's 4pm and…’ is closed to new replies.