Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Italian Lakes – Family Friendly location with pool
  • doctorgnashoidz
    Free Member

As title, struggling to know where to start looking. Just wondered if anyone had any suggestions for family holiday location with kids. Self catering or hotel. Open to ideas.

Thanks

Selled
    Free Member

We always stay at a vineyard called Le Caldane in Cola. It’s a couple of km away from the lake so far enough to avoid the masses and yet close enough to get there easily.

Le Caldane

Markie
    Free Member

How old are the kids? What do you like to do with them besides the pool?

RoterStern
    Free Member

We’ve stayed at a few of the Italian Lakes and our favourite is Garda Lake. There are loads of campsites around the lake.that rent out static type caravans The best area for kids is the south east part of the lake between Garda and Peschera but I would personally recommend Bardolino and Lazise. A lot of the campsites are directly at the lake so you can choose between pool or lake for swimming. A lot of the lake has a rocky beach but there is one beach at Lazise which has sand and a gentle slope into the water which is perfect for little kids. We stayedhere and liked it but we have used other sites and they have all been good.. There is a nice promenade running from Lazise to Garda if you want to go exploring/shopping without the car and there is some very good mountain biking to be had in the surrounding hills.

We’ve also stayed at Lago Maggiore, too and the campsites have been top but getting around the lake in anything other than a car was difficult (we are usually in a camper and use the bikes for getting around). click for campsite

loddrik
    Free Member

We stayed at Altomincio Family Park near Lake Garda a couple of years ago. Brilliant place to stay with kids. Had a great time.

weeksy
    jambalaya
    Free Member

I love Malcesine on Lake Garda, pretty little town on the lake. Has the cable car. I have only been without my kids for sailing events but worth you researching imho.

alibongo001

Majestic palace hotel in Malcesine is excellent for familys

If you get one of the family rooms at the back of the hotel, there is plenty of space.

The kids will love the pools there and its kind of all inclusinve if you want.

Seems to be getting quite pricy though since I leas went a few years ago.

Main bonus is if you can take the bike, get up the cable car to Mt Baldo and follow the 601 trail back down – a really excellent day’s riding (quite technical and easy to fall off a hire bike if you forget about the brakes being the wring way round!)

Hoff

Stayed at this place in Moniga Del Garda on the edge of Lake Garda. They have a few self catering apartments overlooking the pool. The static caravans were nice too

Piantelle

nedrapier

If you’re open to alternative areas, this place in Piedmont is really rather lovely:

http://www.villaribota.com/

doctorgnashoidz
    Free Member

Thanks for the replies. Kids are/will be 10/12 next summer and biking won’t be an option.

Selled
    Free Member

Our kids are 14, 12 & 8.

What do we do?

Play football, volleyball, table tennis or badminton. Take them to the Lake swimming, SUPing or pedaloing. Bike rides (of course). But after a few days they normally form a gang with the other children (Danish, italien, German and Austrian mainly) so we seem to lose them and have to chase them to do something. The place has a huge garden which is open for all. There’s also the waterparks, theme parks and the rest of the tourist attractions.

Selled
    Free Member

Another thought, what type of place do you want?

If you want commercial with loads of activities then look at Piani Di Clodia in Lazise.

If you relaxing then consider my suggestion above.

If you are going to be there for two weeks maybe consider splitting. We sometimes take the children to Piani Di Clodia and do everything it has to offer for 4 days, that’s enough for me, but still good.

coolhandluke
    Free Member

We stayed at Altomincio Family Park near Lake Garda a couple of years ago. Brilliant place to stay with kids. Had a great time.

We stayed therw this year, lovely time too. Great for bike rides along the river that runs from Lake Garda.

Not as touristy in the surrounding area as up by Bordilino etc so we thought it was nicer because of that.

Pools have plenty of space and loungers too.

doctorgnashoidz
    Free Member

Just a quick post to say thanks for all the suggestions, 2018 is booked off the back of this. Went with the hoff’s suggestion.

Thanks!

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

The topic ‘Italian Lakes – Family Friendly location with pool’ is closed to new replies.