Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • italian dolomites – val de gardena – trail recomendations – September
  • robintait

Hello,

Looking for advice on mtb in val de gardena in the dolomites (and other areas of  Italian dolomites)

Im trying to find trails and chair lifts that are bike friendly and any advice from people  whove been.

I see the sella ronda tour which i’ll do but looking for other ideas.

there for 5-6 days

Ideally enduro style riding, not full DH double black diamond preferably

thanks!

NZCol

I was there for a week in Sept in 2010 – it snowed like a bugger so watch out the weathers somewhat fickle. Rode the sellaronda which was quite fun esp the hiking paths ! Beyond that can’t remember much else – loads of roadies. I was too tight to pay for lifts so rode all the climbs which made for a decent workout.

OwenP

Okay it’s not exactly on your doorstep but I’ve ridden at San Martino di Castrozza. Good fun place to the south of where you’ll be with a small bike park setup – shop, hire, gondola, marked trails that sort of thing.

They have a few “main” DH trail variations under the bubble and some XC and Enduro trails that stray further. They also do a guiding service. They were nice guys who helped with the language barrier of my awful awful Italian. Main trails were fun in a Pleney/Morzine way, I didn’t ride much of the other stuff but the natural riding around there would be amazing, from the paths I walked. It is proper big mountains though, so a guide would be my choice next time, to avoid any 2-hour hike-a-bikes. Beautiful scenery and great wildlife too and the town was classic out of season ski resort but busy with drive-through tourists.

scc999

Interested in this. We’re off there in July and will be hiring bikes for a couple of days.

robintait

thanks for the replies guys will check it out,

also found this  link to look at activities if it helps anyone

https://www.valgardena.it/en/hiking-biking/walking-trekking/virtual-hiking-map/#view=map&zc=13,11.73529,46.57444

ElShalimo

I’ve seen bikes at most of the huts in that area when I’ve been walking or doing via Ferrata. Refugio Comici is a full of bikers every afternoon so there must be lifts up to it. The Germans, Austrians and Italians have a habit of getting a lift up, doing exercise, eating well then walking or riding down to the valley.

ElShalimo

Brogles Hut, Refugio Puez, Vallunga, Seiser Alm are all worth looking at for your planning

professor_fate
    Free Member

The Cortina area keeps drawing me back. Bike friendly lifts to Refugio Faloria and Som Forcia to use hiking trails 213/206(then 210 to Cortina). Falzarego Pass to b/f lift to Refugio Scoiattoli then follow your nose back to Cortina. And the stonking trail 431 from Croda di Lago back to Cortina – getting to the Croda itself is either a long but 95% rideable Road/track from Cortina or if you arrange it a Landy shuttle which is popular with hikers. I’ve only spent a day in Val Gardena and frankly was unimpressed in comparison to Cortina.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘italian dolomites – val de gardena – trail recomendations – September’ is closed to new replies.