Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • "It was green for me too" (minor rant)
  • Malvern Rider
    Free Member

Neatly avoided a head on collision of the car variety today as driving through traffic lights. Straight on over a four way, reach midway and the driver facing me decides to make his right turn through the front of our car. Anticipating him in split second superoverdrive mode Managed to brake inches away from his grille Screechy beeping from me, both have our windows down, he shrugs all mock-annoyed and exclaims ‘it was green for me too’.

What a **** complete cocklord. At least his wife had the good grace to look embarrassed for him.

Thanks I feel better now. Retests for the over forties yet?

wanmankylung
    Free Member

I am beginning to see that the road planners in Edinburgh had a single solitary genius moment when they removed that type of light. What they do now is hold people turning right at red lights and have a filter light for straight ahead.

Malvern Rider
    Free Member

What they do now is hold people turning right at red lights and have a filter light for straight ahead.

Agreed, shame this junction (Church Street, Gt Malvern)is way too narrow for that so relies on people being able to drive 👿

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    suburbanreuben
    Free Member

Thanks I feel better now. Retests for the over forties yet?

Re-tests for everyone, every ten years or less. It would be self financing and improve driving standards immensely.

kcal

I got practically driven off the road by a woman coming the other way on a set of road works. I was on bike, with my lad, and our route was uphill. The lights – I assume – were set on a short timer to allow cars, but not bikes, to travel then switch over, she thought I’d simply driven through them and was very, very cross.. Nothing I could do 🙁

PeterPoddy
    Free Member

Many years ago, minuet have been around 1988 as I was driving my first car, I was approaching a crossroads between Ravnshead and Sutton in Ashfield, my home turf. You can see this crossroads from miles away as you approach it slightly downhill and it’s all fields around it, and there’s traffic lights. I was doing around the limit, so 60-ish and I see the lights are red, so I drop a gear and start to slow. As I get maybe 100 yards away, my lights turn green. So I get back on the gas and go through on green. As I do so, ALL the cars waiting on the left side also start off and I fly through slightly sideways with all 4 wheels locked up narrowly missing a nearly new white XR3i.
    Shaking like a leaf I turn to my mate in the passenger seat and say ‘I was on green wasn’t I?’
    ‘Yes’ he says
    We could only conclude that both sets of lights went green at the same time through some sort of malfunction

So the OPs encounter is entirely beleiveabe to me. I can quite imagine you were both on green.

Malvern Rider
    Free Member

So the OPs encounter is entirely beleiveabe to me. I can quite imagine you were both on green.

Oh we were. He was facing me at the lights, then turned right, in front of me, as I reached midway, seemed to have forgotten the priority of oncoming traffic 👿

brooess
    Free Member

He’s lost an opportunity to learn from the experience, based on your description of events. Sooner or later he’ll just drive straight into someone, believing it was nothing he did wrong 😯

Kevevs
    Free Member

welcome to cycling crash club. If this is your first time, you have to cycle crash

johnners
    Free Member

Retests for the over forties yet?

They’re not the ones having the accidents. Try comparing insurance costs of the over 40s with the under 25s and see how that comes out.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘"It was green for me too" (minor rant)’ is closed to new replies.