Viewing 19 posts - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)
  • It never rains but it pours – now the factories are burning down….
  • benpinnick

If you thought supply was bad for bikes now, what happens when one of the decent sized paint shops burns to the ground…

https://www.setn.com/News.aspx?NewsID=997912

kelvin

Which paint shop was that? It was already very difficult getting slots with the main ones.

dc1988

Will raw become the finish of choice?

Stainypants

Google auto-translated the page for me, not sure about one of the other stories linked at the bottom, decided it was best not to click on it, hopefully a dodgy translation

National first love boyfriend taboo to fall in love with 7-year-old married sister

scuttler

Can see where Ling got her inspiration from 😬

benpinnick

Everything in Taiwan is like that!

Stigheed

Thank god my recently ordered Aether 9 is the raw version!

ayjaydoubleyou

That fairly shoddy looking building is one of the main players in the painting of the planet’s high end mountain bikes?

benpinnick

Ha, yes. You’ll find thats basically the way it works out there, hence why its much cheaper (labour costs are not way cheaper – the average salary is 50% of here, but its distorted vs the UK with the relative lack of very high earning bankers and the like).

Buildings are always functional – they just don’t value a shiny ediface as we do, they’re utilitarian and sparse in the main. Even the associated office buildings have a bland functional kind of feel to them.

Onzadog
    Free Member

It’s on fire, how good do you expect it to look?

ayjaydoubleyou

It’s on fire, how good do you expect it to look

Like a building that doesn’t look like it will imminently catch fire or collapse in a gentle breeze.
    What with it being full of paint and all.

kelvin

You should visit UK bike fabrication facilities. They are generally quite, er, unfinished. Hope are the exception, they are nearly Maclaren like.

faustus

I think the paint finish of choice will be home rattle can!

joebristol

I mean compared to the Marino ‘factory’ at least this one had a roof (pre fire). Some of the pictures from Marino show a building that’s barely still standing in places 🤣

a11y

Will raw become the finish of choice?

Works for me. Raw finish on all my current bikes, but I’d be lying if I said I deliberately aimed to achieve that.

woodlikesbikes
    Free Member

Couldn’t get the translation to work. Hopefully no one hurt. And my new bike wasn’t in it!
    I wonder what that translates to in terms of bike production disruption?

benpinnick

Oops. Just a couple of samples thankfully.

https://www.instagram.com/p/CT6lhUjshb5/

kelvin

That got quite warm, didn’t it.

Viewing 19 posts - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)

The topic ‘It never rains but it pours – now the factories are burning down….’ is closed to new replies.