Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • It lives! Tame Valley Loop to open March 19th
  • Ben_Haworth

The Tame Valley Loop (TVL) is a 29km predominantly off-road route situated to the east of Manchester and on the border of the Peak District.

By ben_haworth

Get the full story on our front page at:

It lives! Tame Valley Loop to open March 19th

Support us and help us keep the content flowing by becoming a full member.

thegeneralist
    Free Member

Interesting can’t quite work out how I feel about this…

The actual riding does look very German.

Am I right in thinking the delta is some signposts and a leaflet?

( which is of course some signposts and a leaflet more than I have ever achieved for UK cycling)

stingmered

That’s a decent ride, with a good mix of technical BW and easy surfaces on the longer route. You can also detour via Buckden / Alphin (shhhh) for a cracking couple of descent options. I can also swing by the in-laws for a brew as it passes their front door in Staly.

MSP

Goes past the back of the house I grew up in at one point at the top of Ridge Hill, might do that as a bit of a nostalgia ride the next time I am back in the UK.

stevedoc
    Free Member

Every part of this is at some point on my local route. I did ride most of it Saturday as its almost right out of my Back garden.
    A couple of punchy climbs and lumpy down sections.( More to add on if you know and want something a little steeper).

Some parts get very busy with dog walkers so watch for those surprise packages under leaves !!

17 miles ish and around 1900 foot of climbing. A ok way to spend a couple of hours

Stainypants

Would this be ok on a beefy gravel bike, I like ride to it to make big ride from Macclesfield.

slackboy

gpx’s and PDF route map here

https://www.tameside.gov.uk/tamevalleyloop

ricbikemag

Cheers @slackboy

martinhutch

Looks good!

a wisened mountain biker

Describes me perfectly. 🙂

cezza168
    Free Member

It’s a great circuit with loads of little cheeky additions you could add to spice it up. Also I live right in the middle of it.

miky2341

I rode this on Saturday and enjoyed it, great local route!

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.