Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 63 total)
  • It is raining and I am bored so here is my car after being painted
  • WorldClassAccident
    Free Member

bearnecessities

That’s changed it!

jivehoneyjive
    Free Member

Looking good; turned from a blushing shark to a stealthy predator, with the gills intact

King-ocelot
    Free Member

What is it? It looks like a Z3 rebodied. I like it.

Del

Eye of the beholder and all that. Is the fuel filter directly above the exhaust so you can drop fuel on it, and so you can get the fumes from both efficiently in to the cockpit?
    Sorry. Raining and I’m grumpy.

WorldClassAccident
    Free Member

Yes rebodied Z3. I wanted an nice engine mated to an auto box as I can no longer drive manuals

The actual fuel filler nozzle is set back into the body so spillage is caught there. This picture sort of shows it

Side pipes mean the exhaust fumes are swept away down the side of the car rather than eddying back into the car as they might on rear exhaust outlets.

Wheels will be silver and the rears will get 20mm spacers to better fill the arches

iamroughrider
    Free Member

wow. That’s amazing. Really like it. Looks fantastic in black.Much prefer it to red. That silver rim makes it look so different in a good way, much more than I thought. A real classic car. Love the chrome touches. Well done. Treat yourself to a cup of a tea.

chewkw
    Free Member

I like much!

What car is that? Z3 …

What engine? BMW Z3?

Auto gear nice.

😀

WorldClassAccident
    Free Member

2.8 Straight six
    Exhaust goes through the cat and then is split, runs through a pair of cherry bombs and out the sides. Sounds amazing.

Thanks for the positive feedback. It has been a long time getting to this point

iamroughrider
    Free Member

your new car looks more like an old classic car version of a TVR than your old retro TVR. 🙂

In a good way. That back end looks fantastic esp with all the fittings.

chewkw
    Free Member

Nice 2.8 … that car will fly! :mrgreen:

WorldClassAccident
    Free Member

your new car looks more like an old classic car version of a TVR than your old retro TVR

The centre bit of the back end between the rear lights is taken from mould of the Microplas Mistral which was used as the basis for the first TVR I believe

Thrustyjust
    Free Member

Looks different, did you convert it yourself? Just be aware of black number plates. Mr Rozzer will stop you on those. Pre 73 are the only legal way of using them sadly. Have fun in it. 8)

King-ocelot
    Free Member

As I said above I like it, if it were me doing it there’s a few things I would do different but that’s what I like, the fact you have got something you love and it fires up my imagination on what I would do. It’s a nice car I hope you really enjoy it you have prob worked really hard to get it. It must be pretty quick too.

monkeyfudger
    Free Member

Read it as painted cat, weirdly disappointed.

WorldClassAccident
    Free Member

And better photos in the sunshine

stumpy01

That looks well nice.

Wasn’t so sure with the first pics, but I think it was because the wheels looks black/chrome and made it look a bit odd.

Those sunny photos do it better justice!

globalti
    Free Member

Looks nice apart from that exhaust, which looks like a lorry exhaust.

I bet the drag coefficient is good though.

cbmotorsport
    Free Member

Are they home made ramps??

Speeder

For me the front overhang is a bit big in that first photo but otherwise it’s a nicely resolved look. Very reminiscent of something from the 60s and a great idea to base it on a car that’s not particularly well loved but reliable and well engineered.

Thrustyjust is right about the plate – I’m surprised someone made that up for you as it’s so obviously wrong. Having said that if you bought a relatively cheap private plate you’d get away with it no issue. You see loads of them about on modern cars when they shouldn’t be and this has the looks to fool anyone.

Also not sure about the side exit exhaust though, just looks odd.

Oh yes and love the ramps.

WorldClassAccident
    Free Member

Are they home made ramps?? – No Shit! £20 of B&Q timber instead of lots for proper ones

Exhausts – fake side pipes were originally being run outside of the sills with the real ones joining them just in front of the back wheel but they looked rubbish. I had the real pipes in place so left them there. Might get rear pipes when these rust out

WorldClassAccident
    Free Member

black and silver – Stumpy was talking about the change in wheel colour but I have a dateless plate on order. What is shown is just the ‘show plate’

Holyzeus
    Free Member

That is classically beautiful, thought it was a Ginetta or something

globalti
    Free Member

The exhausts would look a whole lot more aesthetic if you:

A – Swept them back a little.

B – Cut off the ends at an angle.

It’s spoiling the ship for a ha’p’orth of tar.

legend
    Free Member

Have you lowers it a bit now? The arch gaps look a lot better than before

almightydutch
    Free Member

Different and nice. Donor car was ugly as sin but made to look classic now.
    My only gripe is the front grille. You can see right through it. Needs something behind it (even if for effect)

Bet its a hoot to drive though

WorldClassAccident
    Free Member

Have you lowers it a bit now? The arch gaps look a lot better than before – 205/65s on the rear instead of 185s on the front

front grille – It has a diagonal mesh across it. The angle the camera does show through this to the grass behind though.

exhausts – It will have pipes out the rear when these wear/rust out. Given they are mild steel and almost scrape the ground that won’t be long

One that no-one has picked up on yet is the orange side repeaters. They will be white with chromed bezel by this evening

khani
    Free Member

I like it 🙂 much nicer than a boring bog standard boring motor..
    You’ll be needing some Matt Munro on the cd now..

ell_tell
    Free Member

One that no-one has picked up on yet is the orange side repeaters. They will be white with chromed bezel by this evening

I didn’t comment but did have the same thought earlier. Honestly 🙂

And maybe twin rear exhausts exiting the centre of the rear bumper when you change em

ronniethescot
    Free Member

Keep the photos coming, I love it

aracer
    Free Member

Jamie? Calling Jamie?

molgrips
    Free Member

Nice and all, but it does look a bit like you wished you had a Stingray…

iolo
    Free Member

The wheels look better clean.

iolo
    Free Member

How much did that cost?
    Purchase of original plus conversion?

IanMunro
    Free Member

Weren’t you doing something similar with a Scimitar, or have got confuddled?

WorldClassAccident
    Free Member

Stingray? Which model? I can’t think of one that similar. Please post a pic or link. I was doing an homage to the 57 Maserati 300S if anything

Scimitar – Yes I was. Unfortunately when I snapped my foot off I restricted to movement so I really struggle to drive manuals so sold the Scimitar and bought a modern auto to rebody. Actually prefer this body shape which is a bonus.

Costs
    Car – 2.8 Auto 80,000 miles was £1,800 which was a bargain as most seem to be £2,500 – £3,ooo for similar mileage and condition

Kit – It was created to my original design as a one off but by mutual agreement Tribute Automotive are now selling the kit. A Z300S kit is £1,995 (or was at the show last weekend). The BMW panels unbolt and the new panels bolt on. No need for IVA test. You can strip the BMW in a day and rebody in a weekend. The time is then spent deciding where to put the lights/exhausts/indicators etc

bullheart
    Free Member

I like it. Although I’m not a fan of wire wheels though. What about something similar to E-Type lightweight wheels?

godzilla
    Free Member

Your numberplate (you only have one) is illegal.

bearnecessities

It’s looking very nice now. Can’t come to terms with the exhaust in current state.

molgrips
    Free Member

The wheel arch bulges and longer overhanging front make me think of this

.. but, not being much of a car buff, I do not know this Maserati of which you speak. So it probably looks more like that 🙂

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 63 total)

The topic ‘It is raining and I am bored so here is my car after being painted’ is closed to new replies.