Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • IT Help webby spread sheety thingy
  • paulosoxo
    Free Member

Right. I don’t know what I want, but here it goes.

I want to make a page that has some drop down boxes in, I want some of those boxes to auto populate some other boxes later on, so for example, if I select fail in one box, I want it to complete another drop down box somewhere else.

Once I get to these drop down boxes that are somewhere else, I want them to then generate a page of selected options.

So for example, if I tick a fail in one screen, then on the next page, I want it to tell me that I selected fail, then on the last page, I want it to give me a box or picture, that I can click on.

Does any of this make sense. By now, you should realise that I’m not that bright when it comes to this stuff, yet I want to try and make a working example myself.

Help

portlyone
    paulosoxo
    Free Member

For the time being, I want something that was held on a pc or iPad, rather than out there on the web.

portlyone

In order to customise it properly you’d probably have to do a little programming to make it suit your needs.

For example, set up all the dropdown boxes with all the choices and just hide certain ones according to previous responses.

RobHilton
    Free Member

If you do it in Excel, google
    data validation, for drop down lists and If for determining if something is, say Pass/Fail

Showing/hiding can be fudged using conditional formatting

bearnecessities

I’m not sure excel will work because it sounds like you’re looking for cells to contain various validation rules based on your ‘business’ rules, which to my limited knowledge isn’t possible?

You need to document your requirements without solutions, so don’t mention tick boxes & drop downs. More like “I want a user to be able to select an option from x possibilities and for x to happen for each one”.

Although it does sound like you may needs a savvy VB programmer, which i am not, but some on here are.

poly
    Free Member

You can do it in excel (no macro programming required – but a good knowledge of formulae needed). Personally I would look towards google drive and its “forms” tool. http://support.google.com/drive/bin/answer.py?hl=en&answer=87809 You might need to get clever and integrate it with google spread sheet to do what you want – depending how fancy your form is.

paulosoxo
    Free Member

It all sounds too complicated!

cbike
    Free Member

creator at zoho.com?

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘IT Help webby spread sheety thingy’ is closed to new replies.