IT help – NAS in auto power mode, how to turn it on to access over the web….

Home Forum Chat Forum IT help – NAS in auto power mode, how to turn it on to access over the web….

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • IT help – NAS in auto power mode, how to turn it on to access over the web….
  • Premier Icon ir_bandito
    Subscriber

I’ve got a Buffalo Linkstation connected to my router. As it only gets used for a short time (if that) each day, its set to auto power on.

If I switch my laptop on, connected to my router, it sends “magic packets” to the NAS and powers it on. My android tablet and phone don’t do this, but I’ve got a wake-on-LAN app installed on both which do the job for me.

So, I’m trying to configure it for web access, so I can get to the contents of the NAS via a website when I’m away from home for longer periods of time. I think I’ve got the web-access setup, but I need to figure out how to power up the NAS over the www as I don’t want to leave it on.

Ideally, I want a simple app, similar to my wake-on-lan app. Anyone got any useful suggestions?

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)

The topic ‘IT help – NAS in auto power mode, how to turn it on to access over the web….’ is closed to new replies.