Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • IT hardware question
  • bensongd
    Free Member

Hello,
    Hoping the stw hive mind can solve this one. We have a number of wall mounted Nuc PCs using the supplied wall plates. We’re having to replace them with mini PCs that only have a VESA standard. Does such an adapter exist that will bolt to the VESA mini PC that has the holes for the Nuc mounting lugs?

PCs are ward based so anything that doesn’t involve drilling the walls again would help. The Nucs aren’t a supported device hence the swap

Thanks

zilog6128

Dunno, but… what are you doing with the NUCs? After one as a new home server 😃

eyestwice
    Free Member

Can’t help either but sounds like an adaptor is something that could easily be commissioned if required? It’s presumably only a metal plate, after all?

bensongd
    Free Member

The Nucs will decommed, sadly nothing NHS can be sold or reused. Hoping an adapter exists, if not I’ll be getting the dremel out and a sheet of ply.

zilog6128

various different options if you google NUC Vesa adapter, would this work?
    Alternatively a bespoke 3D printer adapter would work, I’ve done it before for stuff heavier than a Mini PC. No doubt they’d say I’m not an approved supplier though so it can’t be done 😂

eyestwice
    Free Member

That’s not the right way up 😁

mattyfez

Gorilla tape and zip ties? 😉

Sandwich

@mattyfez Gripfill FTW!

bensongd
    Free Member

Zilog – those are the plates we have screwed to the wall. Need to find something that has the VESA fixing on the corners but threaded at the centre to slot into the Nuc plate.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘IT hardware question’ is closed to new replies.