Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • It feels so wrong, but at the same time, so right
  • aslongasithaswheels
    Free Member

As much as i enjoy mountain biking i am seriousley tempted by an SS/fixie bike

If i ever get another job i presume i’ll be cycling to work (looking more and more like the car will have to go) and i really fancy something like this

I know i shouldn’t, but i can’t help myself (and not because i’m trying to follow some trend, i’ve always loved these bikes simple lines)

simonralli2
    Free Member

I’d say when it comes to choosing your bike, never apologise, never explain. Who wants to ride a bike based on what other people think you should be riding?! Go get it and enjoy the summer 😀

johnners
    Free Member

Looks like a giant’s been borrowing a dwarf’s bike.

PJ266
    Free Member

Looks AMAZING.

alpin
    Free Member

http://www.singletrackworld.com/forum/topic/show-me-your-fixie

you’re missing out over on this side….

epicyclo

That’s a great setup for anyone who likes to keep an eye on the wear rate of their front tyre.

Eccles
    Free Member

The scene, a field in Somerset, early July: Charge Bikes R&D meeting:

Dirt Jumper 1: “Oi ‘ad some townie come up to I other day I did”
    DJ 2: “Ooar? After the festival were it?”
    DJ1: “a’s roight, Anywayz, ee sez ‘ ere mate, giz a go in your privy and I’ll give you fifty quid, looked roight desparate ee did.”
    DJ2: “Fifty quid? Bloody city folk, pay anything for any old crap ‘ey’ll”
    DJ1: “Well that’s what I fort, innit? So I sez seventy five like, and we’ll say no more about it”
    DJ2: “Proper job, that. So what are we gonna do with all this scaffolding and that stem you ran into a wall last week then?”

CountZero

Lol @ Eccles. Cake?

samuri
    Free Member

Now I like fixies,and road bikes and while that bike has a lot going for it, it just gets crazy at the front. The front wheel is about three feet in front of the rider so it’ll steer like a barge and to counteract that they’ve stuck a crazy assed stem on it to try and make it feel normal, which it won’t.

It won’t matter too much mind because it’s got no brakes so shortly after hitching a leg over it, the usual target rider will be dead.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘It feels so wrong, but at the same time, so right’ is closed to new replies.