Viewing 4 posts - 41 through 44 (of 44 total)
  • IT Bods – want to know what you're worth?
  • nwallace
    Free Member

Health service employed developer here.
    Currently on a paid tea break watching my pension pot tick up the way, just a pity I can’t access it until I’m 68 and probably dead.

Comparisons based on gross pay are basically bollocks especially globally.

My Gross in the NHS is top of AfC band 6; you can go and work it out if you like, there’s still a decent employer top up on the pension, I have more than a month off work in holidays, obviously in the UK there’s employer NIC contributions and for now a NIC discount due to company pension… throw in SSP and various other little contractural things and it really isn’t worth while moving to most companies that can offer me even 10k more gross.

Oh and being based in a low cost area the money goes much further; pity the area is only known for games and it’s a nightmare to get staff because no one looks outside the central belt.

molgrips
    Free Member

When I see a thread like this and it makes me wish I’d stuck it out for an IT job instead of going into teaching because that’s all there was locally at the time.

It probably still is. Povincal IT jobs aren’t common tbh.

allthepies
    Free Member

Believe me, you don’t/shouldn’t 🙂

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    footflaps

You only get big money is local hotspots such as London, Silicon Fen and bits of the M4 corridor….

Viewing 4 posts - 41 through 44 (of 44 total)

The topic ‘IT Bods – want to know what you're worth?’ is closed to new replies.