issue with bike and distributor thoughts/advice

Home Forum Bike Forum issue with bike and distributor thoughts/advice

Viewing 8 posts - 41 through 48 (of 48 total)
  • issue with bike and distributor thoughts/advice
  • trail_rat

This reminds me of the time we sent a blinged up blur xc build out the door on a wednesday only for it to return the following wednesday shagged beyond belief.

Fella was a little taken aback when i said i recognised it from passing him during the strathpuffer and that we would not be warrentying for any of the wear.- was this you 😉

The component has worn out not failed .

andyrm

did his bearing fail at 45k?

I’m making a hypothetical comparison to illustrate that 2 seemingly similar sets of circumstances can be very different.

Instead of trying to use SOGA or whatever as some kind of black & white thing or worse still, a weapon to try and force an unreasonable course of action, it would be better to be reasonable.

In the OP’s case, that “reasonable” course of action is to pop down to the local bearing suppliers and buy (very cheaply) some spare consumable parts and not waste time, effort, emotion and general internet bullshit bandwidth on something like this.

compositepro – Member

A bearing that wears out in 6 months is absolutely reasonable

No its not reasonable at all, if the wheel bearing in your car went in six months you would be fuming

But if the bearings on the crappy pedals that most bikes come with lasted for 6 months I would be both amazed and delighted .

But if the bearings on the crappy pedals that most bikes come with lasted for 6 months I would be both amazed and delighted .

IM not dissagreeing on that at all iirc when I ran a shop pedals were pretty much swapped to avoid customers coming back with raging anger issues

Marko

@ Junkyard

though you now seem to be saying that the SOGA explains how the shop can reject it rather than insisting they “stand up for their rights”

I updated my knowledge by doing the quiz I posted a link to. Some people listen and learn, others just bury their heads in the sand. (And that is not aimed at you in particular JY).

Hth
    Marko

Junkyard

indeed too many on here argue, dont listen and just stay entrenched in their views whatever the evidence

Nothing wrong [ done it myself many times] with being wrong its only wrong to not notice and change

I hope that made sense!

Premier Icon epicyclo
    Subscriber

I was overtaken by a car the other day. On its roof were 2 bikes. It was raining heavily and the car was doing about 80mph (IMO).

I wonder how that affects bearings?

Viewing 8 posts - 41 through 48 (of 48 total)

The topic ‘issue with bike and distributor thoughts/advice’ is closed to new replies.