Viewing 40 posts - 41 through 80 (of 87 total)
  • Issue 87 – Arrived in the Post Yet?
  • twistedpencil

Spoke to soon, mine’s just arrived! That’s a hole in working from home productivity today.

NormalMan

The eagle has landed!

ChrisI

Hopefully mine will be today too then 🙁

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    onewheelgood

nothing here yet. But then the postie doesn’t usually make it here until lunchtime.

wwaswas

Mark on twitter;

Subs update. Copies arriving now. Database cockup by distributor means they were posted wed instead of mon. Only just told now. Very sorry

peteimpreza

“Mark – Resident Grumpy

Something has clearly gone very wrong. I’ll be all over it first thing in the morning. Really sorry about this “

Not the first time is it? One of the reasons I cancelled my subscription.

And nice how he gets on Twatter before the site.

roverpig

Yeah, what’s going on. The least I’d expect is a personal phone call if the magazine is going to arrive a day late. A massage would be nice too, to help with all the stress 🙂

Miguelo

Mine has just arrived…

BoardinBob

Anyone having problems downloading the custom version on the android app? Mine is taking forever and I’ve tried it on two different wifi connections with the same result. It seems to hang at about 1/3 of the way through the download

cinnamon_girl

WOW!!

Check out the brilliant pics of Ecuador! 8)

llama

android app not working (as usual)

Mark

Pete… <sighs>

anyway..

Sorry for the cock-up there. Our distributor dropped the ball, which would have been manageable had they kept us informed along the way.

There is three stage process that wasn’t followed..
    1 – mags come off the printer and are mailsorted and sent out via TNT to subscribers.
    2 – THE FOLLOWING DAY – Mags are bundled up and sent out to Bike Shops.
    3 – THE FOLLOWING DAY – Mags are sent out to newsagents via TNT.

That whole process is designed to get the mags out to the right places giving the 1st priority to subscribers, then bike shops and then newsagents. Now, I do have the option to increase the delays between stages but sitting on perfectly good stock for too long seems a little unnecessary to me.

In this instance step one was skipped completely due to a delay I’m waiting for an explanation for and also an error in the mailsort data that was produced by our distributor.

Our distributor has offered to send me an apology that I can publish here although I’m thinking of asking her to perhaps send that directly to Pete instead.

But, seriously, to everyone else.. I’m genuinely sorry about this. I can pin the cause on our distributor but it’s still our responsibility to get the subs copies to subscribers as soon as is physically possible and in that regard we failed this issue.

colin9

I can manage 24hrs of patience, I wouldn’t have had a chance to look at it yet anyway!

psling
    Free Member

Loving the ISSUE 87 OUT NOW colour ad at bottom right corner of page 😆

Hopefully mine will be waiting at home for me tonight 8)

fatmax

I’m off on hols on Thursday next week…if its here by then, then all is forgiven!

twistedpencil

Mark

Thanks for posting an update, magazine a couple of days late, whatever will we do? 🙂

In the grand scheme of things I think as a group we can, together, get through this…

Will resist opening mine until later, back to pretending to work 😉

GavinB

Group hug?

Yup, mine arrived this morning, so working from home has been ‘erratic’.

Daniel
    Free Member

Mine arrived this morning. Will save it to read over the weekend.

roverpig

I’d just like to point out to all you soft Sotherners that my copy still hasn’t made it to the peoples republic of Aberdeenshire. So much for Cameron saying how much he loves us.

<flounce>

Kryton57

Its arrived!

RRD
    Free Member

Still nothing… At this rates might be forced to purchase MBR

Drac

Yup arrived this morn too so that’s tomorrows reading taken care of when I’m on standby.

mattbee

Mine has arrived, but in a show of solidarity with Roverpig I won’t open the bag until his arrives.

simmy
    Free Member

Mines arrived safely, unlike the contract for my new car which lost the fight with the Royal Mail sorting machine 😯 😥

roverpig

Thanks. I appreciate the gesture, but I still want that massage from Mark 🙂

Singlespeed_Shep
    Free Member

FFS, mine better turn up soon I’m nursing a turtle head and don’t want to read about bleeding cx bikes again!

muddydwarf
    Free Member

Mine arrived this morning – but considering Todmorden is only 10 miles away its not much to shout about 😉

fatsimonmk2
    Free Member

Yep mine was on the doormat when I got home,got say this isn’t the first time this has happened recently hmmmm 😕

mulacs

Got mine today, many thanks guys! Enjoyed reading it in the bath… 🙂

Harry_the_Spider

mine has not arrived yet.

I feel a rant and a rage coming on… Oh hang on, it is only a magazine that is a couple of days late.

number18
    Free Member

Arrived today.

I suggest Singletrack fine the distributor. Our customers fine us when we are non-compliant, and we send debit notes to our suppliers when they do the same.

mcnultycop

Arrived today, but I’ve already read it online already.

tanglewood
    Free Member

No, not yet.
    How far is it, from Todmorden to Prestwich ?

tomhoward

Mine arrived today 🙂

Harry_the_Spider

Mine hasn’t hit Prestwich yet either. I am holding my breath in protest.

stevenmenmuir
    Free Member

Late magazines I can cope with but another CX bike tested! WTF? Did you not listen to the grumbling about the last issue?

RRD
    Free Member

Arrived through the letter box today

roverpig

OK matbee you can get stuck in now. Mine arrived today 🙂

grey

Mine arrived this afternoon.

DavidB
    Free Member

Two things:-

1) a gps does not report its position to satellites
    2) logarithms are exponents, algorithms pre-compute searches

Viewing 40 posts - 41 through 80 (of 87 total)

The topic ‘Issue 87 – Arrived in the Post Yet?’ is closed to new replies.