Viewing 23 posts - 1 through 23 (of 23 total)
  • Issue 81
  • philfive
    Free Member

Where is the trail they do the bike test on?

clarkpm4242
    Free Member

Philips Park, Prestwich,

philfive
    Free Member

Really? Need somebody to show me round.

dawson

What’s happened to Jenn? enjoyed some of her stuff, but not seen anything by her for a while.

flap_jack
    Free Member

^ this.

trevron73
    Free Member

Read it in 25 mins , great article on Empire (if my numbers aligned i would) other than that toss ?apart from a route in the lakes that is the flattest in Cumbria ? The weathers been shit for 10 months you think they would of got some good articles ,i’m gutted ,waited 7 weeks for that?

chipsngravy
    Free Member

New issue arrived today. A quick flick through then put it down. The mag doesn’t do it for me anymore.

trevron73
    Free Member

Give it 2 years? tops come on ED take a few of us to Ireland or France let the readers take over an issue ? it couldn’t get worse – could it ?

mattbee

I flicked through yesterday and enjoyed the bits I read. The rest looked interesting enough too. I think the mag is pretty good at the moment after a bit of a slump pre re-design.

philfive
    Free Member

I enjoy the mag but getting a bit annoyed at constant “fantasy” biking trips that they feature. With kids to feed the chance of riding in new zealand are a non starter, there are 2 of these this issue 🙁 I just want more UK focus, events, routes, have regional sections that can include trail buliding groups (Singletraction, PMBA) etc. In my opinion the mag needs a more community feel, it’s a beautifully produced mag but it just lacks something.

Great cockhill article though.

headfirst
    Free Member

The best thing about the ‘new’ magazines are the covers, every one has been a belter, and I especially like this latest one.

Unfortunately I’m finding the pictures inside are holding my attention far more than the words – it’s becoming like a coffee table book for me.

badllama
    Free Member

philfive totally agree need more UK stuff in it I’m starting to gloss past the stuff in other areas of the world.

In fact after the past couple of issue was thinking of dropping the sub if it carried on it’s nice every so often but more UK stuff required.

philfive I’m down the road if you want showing round let me know here was our last play :-)We had gone out of the park and round and about before doing the video
    http://youtu.be/a9ZvnLVKnNo
    Love that place 😀

philfive
    Free Member

do you do it midweek?

BillOddie

I have only had a quick flick through but I thought Issue 81 looked splendid!

stilltortoise
    Free Member

In the interest of balance I think they get the mix of “exotic” and home-grown rides spot on. Remember also that this is read all over the world (isn’t it??) so a mag full of Brit rides could be a bit tedious to non-Brits.

That said, my initial flick through has not floated my boat as much as previous issues, but I’ll actually read the thing before passing too much comment 🙂

Harry_the_Spider
    DavidM
    Free Member

The ‘fantasy’ riding trips are ace (plus I think they all take place in real places?). Not read the US one in the new mag yet, but stuff like Dan Barhams’ Peru one from a while back are the stuff I want to read about, mtb’ing at its best. Even if I’ll probably never ride those trails, I still like to know they exist.

FWIW I think the mag has been bang on for a while now, certainly can’t think of a better one

cinnamon_girl

What’s happened to Jenn? Really enjoyed her writing and she doesn’t seem to have been around for quite a while.

rascal
    Free Member

Find Jenn’s articles long-winded, words for words sake and boring – sorry to be a party-pooper.

RustySpanner

So, £2000 is ‘..the classic first proper mountain bike budget’?
    Sorry, but this bears no relation to myself or anyone I’ve ever met.

[video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sHhVydgvuAc[/video]

philfive
    Free Member

I know what you mean David, the New Zealand one looks great but 2 ride reports for far off lands and the Borrowdale bash isn’t a great ratio, maybe it’s just me?

badllama
    Free Member

do you do it midweek?

Possibly be a bit of a nightmare to get to after work though I’m sure Greybeard has a gps map we did when I met with a few of the lads from here the weekend after HTN I’ll have a search this evening for it 🙂

crazy-legs

apart from a route in the lakes that is the flattest in Cumbria ?

There must be two Borrowdale Bashes cos the one I’ve done countless dozens of times is far from flat. I love that route – like the article said, it’s a genuine classic – almost up there as a mountain bikers rite-of-passage style route.

Yes, it’s been in magazines since I started riding back in the mid-90’s but there’s a reason for that!

Only flicked through the rest of the mag so far but I like that about it – pick it up, read an article, keep dipping back into it over the next week or so.

Viewing 23 posts - 1 through 23 (of 23 total)

The topic ‘Issue 81’ is closed to new replies.