Viewing 19 posts - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)
  • Issue 77: Holiday in Tenerife with decent bike hire- costs?
  • hora
    Free Member

Inspired by the current article. What would the ballpark costs be?

Can you hire a decent mtb there?

I was thinking 4/5 days this month all inclusive

jota180
    Free Member

Flights are about £200 each
    Check out Lavatrax for bike hire and guiding

AI?
    I reckon you’d be better off renting an apartment or villa, there’s plenty of good, cheap food and drink about.

boltonjon

It looked awesome – want to go!

hora
    Free Member

bumpy 🙂

bigphilblackpool
    Free Member

Take your own bike : ) i went last year in aug, stayed in costa adej a couples only h10 hotel gran tinerfe, very nice and very good prices, went up to the mountain region only hire place i saw had old rigid jamis bikes that had seen better days, i did see two guys from germany but they brought their own bikes. The terrain looked mental!!!!

maccruiskeen

maybe, just maybe, you can hire a different bike and a different car everyday. A proper home from home experience 🙂

hammerite
    Free Member

I think the person who runs this place goes on Bikeradar. Seems like a good bloke (although not seen his posts for a while) http://www.tenerife-training.net/Bicycle-Bike-Hire-Rental-Tenerife/Road-Racing-Bike_Hire-Tenerife.php

sunnrider
    Free Member

Another recommendation for Lavatrax, they´ll rent you a proper bike.
    I got a Marin Wolf Ridge when I was there, stuck my own pedals on and it was lovely. The trails are spectacular.

Piceswise, flights are cheap.
    Accomodation is about 45€ per night in a decent villa with breakfast.
    Guiding 50€ per day
    Bike Hire 30/45€ per day
    Food is cheap, so is the beer and wine.
    We rented a car for 100€ for 7 days.

There´s a massive difference between the north and south of the island. All the best trails are in the north but the nicest weather is south. Hence, we stayed in El Medano fishing village on the southern coast and used the rental car to get about.

hora
    Free Member

Guiding 50€ per day

EACH? 😯

sunnrider
    Free Member

EACH?

Single days ride without accomodation and includes a 1 hour transfer.
    Its cheaper if you get a package.

hp_source

I’ll be there in a week or two, having a single day ride with Darran (Lavatrax), it’ll be the second time I’ve been out there and done that. Great riding the 1st time, so no hesitations about rebooking.

I am looking into road bike hire for one or two other days as I’m happy enough to ride solo on the road, but consider it a bit risky going off piste on my own.

binners

Are you sure about Tenirife? How about Greenland? Or Russia? Or Liverpool? And do you really want to mountain biking? How about paragliding? Or Kite surfing?

Decisions, decisions eh? 😉

righog
    Free Member

Would love to go there on the Family holiday next year, with me riding in the morning ( Can’t coax any of them to join me riding :cry:) and spending time with the Family in the Afternoons.

Has anyone got any info on were the best place to stay would be to go snorkeling in the afternoons.

Thanks

jota180
    Free Member

There’s some great snorkelling at El Puertito so staying in Playa de Fanabe would be ideal.

Try looking on youtube for El Puerito turtles for an idea

roady_tony
    Free Member

great thread!

anyone been in Dec/Xmas for riding and snorkelling – too cold?

righog
    Free Member

Thanks Jota 🙂

This thread ( and the mag article) have really got me thinking. I might try and get out there in Jan, just me and my bike so I can “check out it’s suitability for the family holiday”

Goes to check out El Puertito and Lava trax.

jota180
    Free Member

anyone been in Dec/Xmas for riding and snorkelling – too cold?

I’m in Lanzarote every other Winter, last Boxing Day it was 26 degrees
    Tenerife is usually a degree warmer, I don’t go in the sea so can’t really comment on that temp but there’s always plenty in so ….?

Sandwich

Roady_Tony me and Mrs S went in late November last year. Daytime temp mid to high 20’s, swimming in the sea was fine. We also went out with Darran at Lavatrax on an easy route for her ladyship for the day. Good fun though the cactus punctures are not fun. The scenery around Teide and Arenas Negras is fantastic.
    I have been told I can go again in March with some mates as a 50th birthday present. Mrs S is the awsomez.

roady_tony
    Free Member

thanks for the info – might look at a Christmas break then as temps sound good – something close to the beach and a weeks bike hire/guiding – mmmm warmthhhhhhhhhhh

Viewing 19 posts - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)

The topic ‘Issue 77: Holiday in Tenerife with decent bike hire- costs?’ is closed to new replies.