Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Issue 72
  • dogbert
    Free Member

Just picked it up from the local Sainsbury’s

ooh, a bit swish

cp

I’ve still not got my ‘try it for cheaper’ copy 🙁 Purposely not delving into the digital version for maximum impact when it does arrive!!

donsimon
    Free Member

I’ve heard that Sainsbury’s are spending a bit on refurbs too. 😉

eyerideit
    Free Member

Ordered mine today, looking forward to feeling it.

Wookster

It’s nice isn’t it!

Only down side is (and I’ll take the kicking coming my way) Worlands bit is no Blame the dog I’m afraid 🙄

fatsimonmk2
    Free Member

mine turned up wed sitting there all thick and swish on the door mat when i got home from work, still reading it now very good move i think more like some of those upmarket car mag that you see in wh smiths 😀 8)

dogbert
    Free Member

Not read it yet, just had a flick through, but it seems like what Edge is to xbox gamer, if that makes any sense, seems a bit more grown up compared to other mtb mags on the shelf

bonzodog
    Free Member

Its got that ‘Journal’ style to it.

amodicumofgnar

Waiting for my sub copy to show up, had a thumb through in the local Smiths. Surprised to see Rouleur and Privateer there as well.

skinnysteel
    Free Member

A flick thru & 60 pages in and . . . it’s a thicker, different shaped, better paper quality version of the old magazine, but sadly with out Mike Ferrentinos column. Guess I’m missing the point. Didn’t think there was that much wrong with the old one if you accepted that some issues were inevitably better than others: across the piece it is/was preferable to the alternatives available on newsagents shelves.
    If I want something bike related but a bit different I’ll read The Ride.
    All IMHO of course.

chakaping
    Free Member

Very impressive, from what I have read so far. I’ll definitely be staying subscribed if you keep it up.

One question: The Dream Bikes feature was billed as a bike test, are the contributors doing a proper test on their chosen bikes for the website? That would be interesting.

I have recently been reading some late ’90s Bike mags that I found in the loft, and the new ST doesn’t compare too badly at all – which is very high praise.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘Issue 72’ is closed to new replies.